Author Topic: The Fishing Thread  (Read 11877 times)

Re: The Fishing Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I also will take a senko and cut it down and  put it on a jig as a trailer. When the jig is on the bottom the senko will stand up and wiggle on the drop, while adding some weight.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
7 Pound Mirror Carp
Caught on a bread ball
Blackstone River Canal: River Bend Farm (Uxbridge, MA)
Caught at around 11:15 A.M. today

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
When I'm fishing, lets get one thing clear, the baits over there, the brews right here
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 04:55:30 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I've never fished in my life.

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177

I'm with ya.  Did it less than 1/2 dozen times as a kid and will never go there again.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

last time I fished I got the worst migraine ever - I was doing deep sea fishing, then my whole field of vision went red - I was dehibilitated for like 2 or 3 hours... not cool
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I'm with ya.  Did it less than 1/2 dozen times as a kid and will never go there again.

I just had a flashback of your comment on my Facebook picture with the dude fishing in the background, funny stuff.

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 05:59:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Lake Cochituate in Natick is a good spot. its a bit of a drive but you catch a variety of fish. Last time I was up there I caught 2 small mouth bass, perch, and 2 decent size pickerals. I caught the bass on a spinnerbait and the pickeral and perch on a spoon lure. its a bit of a drive to Natick but its worth it.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:58 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
No pics, because my buddy with the digital camera didnt come and I'm the last person on earth without one but Me and a friend did alright at great herring pond in plymouth this weekend.

2 small mouths, 2 large mouths, and numerous (to the point of swearing and a near broken fishing pole ) hits without a good hookset.

Just one of those days i hate the Texas riged 10 inch worm on. My fault for crappy hooksets, but the texas don't make it any easier with all that area for them to bite without a hook in it :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Lake Cochituate in Natick is a good spot. its a bit of a drive but you catch a variety of fish. Last time I was up there I caught 2 small mouth bass, perch, and 2 decent size pickerals. I caught the bass on a spinnerbait and the pickeral and perch on a spoon lure. its a bit of a drive to Natick but its worth it.

I used to fish lake cochituate all the time when I was growing up (I grew up in Natick).  They have almost any type of fish you could ever want.  Plenty of smallmouth and largemouth bass, but I have also caught trout and salmon, and I know people have caught both Northern Pike and Muskies.

The problem of course is that fish are not safe to eat from that lake.  Because of the Army Labs being located on the lake, there was a lot of polution in there from some leak or something in the 80's.  Even though it was over 20 years ago, the fist are still not safe to eat.  But if you are just up for some fun fishing, its a great place to go.

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 11:58:47 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Just checking in with all the other fishing heads:

Went Sunday last week to the duck pond in the rain. What a day. between the four of us, we were well over 30 large mouths for the day.

The rain just made them super aggressive. I got 6 personally (my buddy pete had a huge day, had 12), mostly from throwing Jigs in shore with these tails:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageSFRBERKLEY-BPCC.html

on a 3/8th's jig head with a skirt.

I also had several off the old reliable

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0044158122040a&navCount=0&podId=0044158&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QZ&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=baby%20minus%201&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true

skimming it just under the surface.

Took the day off from work and went yesterday too. same pond, much different day. Still did decent, but only 3 for me and 5 for the guy i was with.

Guess it's true what they say, the worst days weather wise are the best for fishing. I got soaked Sunday, but the fish were jumping in the boat :D

If i can figure out how to get pictures out of my crappy cell phone, at least i can post some low rez images of blurry bass heh.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Went Sunday last week to the duck pond in the rain. What a day. between the four of us, we were well over 30 large mouths for the day.

The rain just made them super aggressive. I got 6 personally (my buddy pete had a huge day, had 12), mostly from throwing Jigs in shore with these tails:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0044158122040a&navCount=0&podId=0044158&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QZ&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=baby%20minus%201&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true

Took the day off from work and went yesterday too. same pond, much different day. Still did decent, but only 3 for me and 5 for the guy i was with.

Guess it's true what they say, the worst days weather wise are the best for fishing. I got soaked Sunday, but the fish were jumping in the boat :D

If i can figure out how to get pictures out of my crappy cell phone, at least i can post some low rez images of blurry bass heh.

lol... Send the pictures from your phone to your e-mail via text message... Go to your e-mail, save the images to your computer and then use imageshack or something to host the pictures.

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

lol... Send the pictures from your phone to your e-mail via text message... Go to your e-mail, save the images to your computer and then use imageshack or something to host the pictures.

will do, there nothing special, but be nice to have some pics on here. What i really need is the money to snag a cheap digital camera and join the modern age :/

Sunday was crazy volume wise, but the biggest we got was like a 3 pounder. most of them were little hyper aggressive 1 and a half- 2 pounders chasing the chigger-craw back out of the weeds.

yesterday was much slower, but two of the bass were bigger. We had a 3 and a half, and i got a 3.

You have to get down and fish the duck pond this summer matt, it's crazy this year.

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 05:58:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Here are the ones i've gotten some pics of on the cell phone camera. Forgive the crap quality heh.

A nice little 2+ pounder , forgive my stinky foot in the bottom frame

Mabey a two,  two and a half i would guess, caught him on the mini bomber

Nice little fat belly here, didn't weigh him, I'll lie to myself and call him 2 and a half :D

This sucker i did weight, my best of the season so far, slightly over 3 and a half pounds

Only a little guy, but so far my only small mouth this season. yes, the goofy looking dude is me  :-\

One of my buddies small mouths.

another decent guy to round out the batch.

I didnt realize my camera took decent pics like this, ill take more pictures next time :D