Author Topic: My Wife Says.........  (Read 5734 times)

My Wife Says.........
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
My wife says that I am addicted to Celticsblog. 

I say that she's wrong and that I can easily go 10 - 20 minutes in a row without checking in.

She's suggesting a 10 step program - so I ask you all.............What would be the 10 steps to counter C.A. (Celticsblog Addiction)?........Oh, and creativity counts!!

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Re: My Wife Says.........
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Step 1)  Give wife shiny object.  Make her forget about it till end of post season. 

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Just start doing something worse and she'll beg you to go back to CB

Buy Random crap on Ebay, that'll get em every time
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Step 1)  Give wife shiny object.  Make her forget about it till end of post season. 

Bingo.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
My wife, (both of them), used to have issues with my sports/Cetics obsessions, too ... I'm now single, but my girlfriend loves sports as much as I do, (well, not quite as much). Kind of a drastic resolution, I grant you, but very effective in solving the problem, (I've always been one to take the narrow, winding road).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
My wife, (both of them), used to have issues with my sports/Cetics obsessions, too ... I'm now single, but my girlfriend loves sports as much as I do, (well, not quite as much). Kind of a drastic resolution, I grant you, but very effective in solving the problem, (I've always been one to take the narrow, winding road).

are you saying you divorced 2 women because they couldn't accept your love of sport? that's on their end, not yours (if I'm reading that right) - women should show at least some attempt to be interested in what we like - my gf has a Rondo jersey, because she thinks he's cute I think, (she took me to a practice, we sat front row, she was like wow he's so fast, then clammored for a jersey) but anyways - she's not a diehard fan, but shows interest in what interests me, which is awesome, just like I'll go to a lame movie (though Sex in the City is turning into a sticking point!) to appease her and see what she likes... thats how relationships work

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
I'm not certain where this step would fall in the 10 (or 12) steps, but here is one to chew on:

1) Step: Admit to yourself that Tommy Points are important to you.

Action: Share this openly with those close to you. Ask your wife for TPs for  exceptional efforts at home.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:42 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
I too, fired the maid...lol j/k  ;D
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

are you saying you divorced 2 women because they couldn't accept your love of sport? that's on their end, not yours (if I'm reading that right) - women should show at least some attempt to be interested in what we like - my gf has a Rondo jersey, because she thinks he's cute I think, (she took me to a practice, we sat front row, she was like wow he's so fast, then clammored for a jersey) but anyways - she's not a diehard fan, but shows interest in what interests me, which is awesome, just like I'll go to a lame movie (though Sex in the City is turning into a sticking point!) to appease her and see what she likes... thats how relationships work

TP for you, cause you are dead on
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 08:25:50 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I'm not certain where this step would fall in the 10 (or 12) steps, but here is one to chew on:

1) Step: Admit to yourself that Tommy Points are important to you.

Action: Share this openly with those close to you. Ask your wife for TPs for  exceptional efforts at home.

that's so funny you say that, because my gf today asked "how many tommy points did you get today?"

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 08:27:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
1) Accept that you don't have a problem. Its everybody else who has the problem, they don't read or post on CelticsBlog.Stay the same.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Just tell her "I can either blog and watch the games with my fellow Celtic fans here at home or watch the game at the NUDIE BAR".
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 08:34:15 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Just tell her "I can either blog and watch the games with my fellow Celtic fans here at home or watch the game at the NUDIE BAR".

Let me try this one ---- I will be back w/ an update!!!  lol
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

No ... I'm just using this as a lame excuse for not having successful marriages ... it seemed a good time. I was actually trying to be ironically humorful, but it failed miserably, lol, (as did both of my marriages). Actually, being a single dad was the greatest, most rewarding experience of my life, and my kids ended up very secure, motivated people, who know they're loved very dearly, by both their parents, despite the trauma of divorce. Do I wish I'd spared them that? Absolutely ... but there are many kinds of families, and none of them guarantee success.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *