7 (38.9%)
Neither player resigns with current team
2 (11.1%)
Only Butler resigns
6 (33.3%)
Only Leonard resigns.
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Will Butler and Leonard resign?  (Read 2199 times)

Re: Will Butler and Leonard resign?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 08:39:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Both players stay where they are. Both in good situations. Nobody out there offering a much better situation elsewhere since neither guy seems to want to play in LeBron's shadow.

Yeah, I don't see many all-star level guys in their prime running to join Old Man Lebron and a roster of guys who can't shoot.
Except all of the guys who can't shoot won't be on the team.  It will be Lebron, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, and Ball.  Kuzma is shooting pretty poorly this year, but the rest of the young guys are not (even Ball is over 36% from 3 on 4.5 attempts), and Hart is an absolutely elite shooter.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think Leonard will re-sign if they make the Finals, otherwise he'll go to the Clippers.

It's interesting, as there is the possibility Butler and Kawhi could decide to team up with the Clippers this summer (or maybe even Leonard OR Butler... + Durant with LAC or another team).

But ultimately I lean towards Butler staying in PHI, but Leonard not staying in Toronto. At least as of now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Butler isn't going anywhere if Philly pays him the max lol

Feels like Kawhi will either stay or go to the Clippers. Too hard to say right now.

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Both players stay where they are. Both in good situations. Nobody out there offering a much better situation elsewhere since neither guy seems to want to play in LeBron's shadow.

Yeah, I don't see many all-star level guys in their prime running to join Old Man Lebron and a roster of guys who can't shoot.
Except all of the guys who can't shoot won't be on the team.  It will be Lebron, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, and Ball.  Kuzma is shooting pretty poorly this year, but the rest of the young guys are not (even Ball is over 36% from 3 on 4.5 attempts), and Hart is an absolutely elite shooter.

Moranis who do you think joins Lebron?

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 06:18:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I don't know that anyone elite does.  Cousins seems like the most likely right now and who knows what he will actually look like.  I could totally see Klay Thompson leaving the Warriors, especially if Durant stays and the Lakers seem like a good fit for him (both basketball wise and because his father played there so long).  I've been saying for awhile they made a mistake in not acquiring Leonard.  They not only are blowing Lebron's best season left, but also might have ruined their shot at getting someone as good as him. 

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it more likely that Leonard resigns because TOR is a big city but it does not have the spotlight issues which I think he dislikes.

Butler I think will be in a cold rage, once he realizes how passive Ben Simmons is at his game and what a charlatan that Fultz is as a basketball player.    He thought KAT was a snowflake and these two guys make KAT look like a tower of fortitude.   So I don't see him resigning.

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 08:22:45 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I don't know that anyone elite does.  Cousins seems like the most likely right now and who knows what he will actually look like.  I could totally see Klay Thompson leaving the Warriors, especially if Durant stays and the Lakers seem like a good fit for him (both basketball wise and because his father played there so long).  I've been saying for awhile they made a mistake in not acquiring Leonard.  They not only are blowing Lebron's best season left, but also might have ruined their shot at getting someone as good as him.
Every indication is that Thompson will stay in GSW.  He seems quite content to be 3rd option to Curry and Durant.  Durant is more likely to leave but think he stays too. 

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 08:58:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Every indication is that Thompson will stay in GSW.  He seems quite content to be 3rd option to Curry and Durant.  Durant is more likely to leave but think he stays too.
I get that he probably wants to stay, but are the Warriors really going to have super max contracts of Curry and Durant, plus a potential super max for Green and Thompson.  That is a ton of salary.  If Durant stays, I don't know that they bring Thompson back as I think they'd rather keep Green over Thompson and I don't think they have the ability to actually pay that kind of salary.  The years of the exploding cap and them avoiding the luxury tax are over.  They are already a multi-year tax payer, once that repeater tax kicks in I just don't see the Warriors keeping 4 max (some of them super max) players on the roster.