Author Topic: Brad Stevens spent his Monday motivating the Celtics e-Sports team  (Read 1081 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/06/13/brad-stevens-cltx-gaming-esports

If you're not aware, the Celtics have an e-sports professional video game team that plays Nba 2k competitively. They had the 2nd pick in the draft this year

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:02:03 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Brad Stevens spent his Monday motivating the Celtics e-Sports team
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 08:56:49 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
TP Interesting article on Stevens and this new venture. I'm not one for these fantasy type sports activities. Already too multimedia addicted. Looks like it might be engaging and fun?

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
If you're not aware, the Celtics have an e-sports professional video game team that plays Nba 2k competitively. They had the 2nd pick in the draft this year

How does the draft work?

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

How does the draft work?

The draft selects 102 of the world's best NBA 2K players from 72,000 of the qualified applicants.

The NBA 2K E-draft works like any typical NBA draft, except this year since it's the first time, and only 17 teams. (More teams are going to sign within this year or next year.)

Players interested in making the league had to win 50 games in 2K’s pro-am mode in January.
Those that qualified in that position had the opportunity to participate in the NBA 2K League combine. Did that combine have its kinks? Yes.

Now, most of them will sign six-month contracts and move to new cities (or even a new country — seven come from outside the U.S.) They’ll live with their teammates in free housing, with salaries of $35,000 for first-round picks and $32,000 for all others, along with benefits including medical insurance and a retirement plan. And they’ll train every day to prepare for the NBA 2K League’s first season, in which they’ll compete for their share of a $1 million prize pool.

Basically it was randomized, but it works like any regular NBA draft. There's combines, skill test evaluations, etc.

There are a total of six players per team.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different