Author Topic: Marquis Daniels...what if ...  (Read 4203 times)

Re: Marquis Daniels...what if ...
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 05:40:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Daniels goes down, West and Robinson's minutes go up while Ray plays back up SF when needed. If worse comes to worse we make a trade for a back up SF to play the 6th man role. JR Smith, Prince, etc.

prince as PP backup is a dream i can certanly love to dream.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 06:14:02 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
If Marquis does go down during the regular season, I don't think any of those three players will be able to fill the role for an extensive amount of playing time. Remember the main job of the player occupying the 15th spot is to play competitively in PRACTICE and be able to step in for SPOT minutes.

If we need someone to back up Pierce at the 3, I think Danny will try for a mid season trade and not rely on Lasme, Wafer or West.

Agreed.  We aren't the Warriors.  We won't be relying on D-leaguers / undrafted free agents to play 20 minutes a night.

Pierce's primary back up? Marquise Danials: former undrafted
player... carved himself a niche in the NBA.
give Lasme a chance. his primary tools (defensive intensity and anticipation, length and athleticism) make him the type of player who can carve himself a niche in the NBA.

Different situations.

Marquis Daniels was a G in college and even played a little PG. He is not playing out of position.

Lasme is 27 (28 in Dec) with virtually no NBA experience. He is a C/PF and is playing out of position. That transition takes time.

true, true. however I've been watching Lasme pretty close, he seems to have the lateral quickness and speed to guard the wing and he's been able to pick up the defensive schemes. with the physical tools in place all that's required is the smarts and he seems to have those as well.

there are a few analogous players I could reasonably compare lasme's chances with: J Moon, Bruce Bowen, A Nocioni and Bo Outlaw stand out as apt comparisons.

The tweener forward seems like a hard place to be for perspective NBA players. if your not simply outstanding your going to slip on the draft (like our very own Luke Harrengody).

Point is that a compelling/desirable skill set and hard work can pry open the door for guys like lasme. I think/hope that he has both the physical and mental skills to make the team and possibly find a long term niche.

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
If Marquis does go down during the regular season, I don't think any of those three players will be able to fill the role for an extensive amount of playing time. Remember the main job of the player occupying the 15th spot is to play competitively in PRACTICE and be able to step in for SPOT minutes.

If we need someone to back up Pierce at the 3, I think Danny will try for a mid season trade and not rely on Lasme, Wafer or West.

Agreed.  We aren't the Warriors.  We won't be relying on D-leaguers / undrafted free agents to play 20 minutes a night.

give Lasme a chance. his primary tools (defensive intensity and anticipation, length and athleticism) make him the type of player who can carve himself a niche in the NBA.

was md undrafted, if so, that is a good one.....people forget sooo easily, what did MD do last year that so impressed you...? I know, i was impressed by the way he disappeared, Marquis-Hodini-Danials...poof, we have 4 men on the floor, wow, magic..! a concussion from running into a guys stomach...right......Lasme is a better choice, he is tougher and fearless....just like Powe....the way he fell after that dunk...MD would be out.......i hope MD does good, and stops acting like Sha-nay-nay (from Martin).

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Agreed.  We aren't the Warriors.  We won't be relying on D-leaguers / undrafted free agents to play 20 minutes a night.

was md undrafted, if so, that is a good one.....people forget sooo easily, what did MD do last year that so impressed you...? I know, i was impressed by the way he disappeared, Marquis-Hodini-Danials...poof, we have 4 men on the floor, wow, magic..! a concussion from running into a guys stomach...right......Lasme is a better choice, he is tougher and fearless....just like Powe....the way he fell after that dunk...MD would be out.......i hope MD does good, and stops acting like Sha-nay-nay (from Martin).

MD hasn't done much to impress me, he moves smooth, posses a decent skill set and shows glimpses of a stop and pop jumper ala reggie lewis, but he has less fight than a feinting goat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg  (gets good at the 30 sec mark)

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 08:50:30 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Hahahhaaha, man that is a good one....I'd give ya another tp...but i gave you one today already...okay, i goota do it.....that was worth it...anyone who tries to make others laugh here..in a good way deserves a TP..!

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Is he really that Baaaaahhhhdddd....

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Agreed.  We aren't the Warriors.  We won't be relying on D-leaguers / undrafted free agents to play 20 minutes a night.

Pierce's primary back up? Marquise Daniels: former undrafted

Yeah, you know what I mean.  The Celtics aren't gonna throw unproven players out there and hope they make an immediate impact.

It seems to work for Golden State cause a lot of those players put up good numbers, but there's a reason the Warriors lose so many games using that strategy.  Such players make a lot of mistakes and generally don't play great defense.

I'm not saying Lasme can't carve himself a niche in the NBA, as other undrafted players have done.  I'm saying he won't get the opportunity to do so playing 15-20 minutes a night for a team with championship aspirations.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers