Author Topic: Another reason to hate LeBron  (Read 2665 times)

Re: Another reason to hate LeBron
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I really don't have problems with him throwing the warm ups on the ground. What I had a problem with was that the kid was right there, extending an arm to him...

I mean, at least throw it in his direction.
Please watch KG. KG drops his stuff 5 feet inside the court as he walks. Far worse. If this is a reason to hate Lebron, than you should hate KG.

I see no reason why Lebron should be looking around for the kid trying to figure out how the kid wants to collect the clothes. This criticism is ignorant of how the NBA works. Players drop their warmups. Guys are hired to collect them and prepare them for when the player comes back so that the players don't have to worry about this stuff.

They hire these guys specifically so that the players can quickly get back on the court. I want KG thinking about the game when he gets on the court, not thinking about where to put his warmups or a towel.

Again, ZERO problem with him dropping his warm ups on the floor and I don't care about KG or anyone else dropping them in the middle of the court if they want to.

The problem lies on the kid being right in front of him with his arm extended to LeBron, I think the least he could do was toss it in the kid's direction, at least the first portion he took off... since he's clearly aware that he's there.
Throw his clothes at the kid? Uh, no. Dropping them on the floor is far better than throwing them at the kid.

You can always twist event to fit some evil narrative you want to create for Lebron. You can assume he sees the kid with the outstreched arm and decided he was too good to hand him the garments. If that helps you root for the Celtics, than so be it.

But what sense does it make to say what "the least he could do" is? Especially since people keep moving that line for Lebron, while giving the far worse offender KG a free ride. Serious hypocrisy.

Players have the ways they do things. We want them concentrating on the game, not on their clothes.

Yet a few posts above I was defending LeBron with the way he treated his mom. Yep, I'm out to fit events in an evil narrative against LeBron. Far from it. I put into context what I found was wrong with the situation, and to me, tossing the warm ups in one's direction is far better than having to bend over to pick it up.

If KG did the same, I would call him out too. But again, the problem is not about tossing the warm ups on the floor, that's not the action I'm having a problem with. Find me a video of KG doing exactly what LeBron did, and I'll say he acted like a jackass just the same in that situation. But your "KG also tosses warm ups on the floor" defense doesn't cut it with me in particular because that's not what I had a problem with there.