Author Topic: Which three players would you like to see with Perk and Rondo? (within reason)  (Read 9467 times)

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I think Perkins and Rondo could definitely co-exist with each other, like they do now. I think the key is to find an athletic PF for Rondo to run the break with. Perkins is a necessity as he gives us freedoms on defense such as not double-teaming elite post players. Fast breaking teams with fast breaking centers do not go far in the playoffs.

In terms of players I would like to acquire, Melo would definitely be 1st. He is the best pure scorer in the league, IMO, and is a top 5 player in clutch situations. He also would give us a post-game which would allow us to grab an athletic defensive PF (generally these players are not back to the basket scorers). This is more realistic than Durant because of the Melo's growing frustration with the Denver's playoff woes.

Another player I would like to see on the Celtics is Amir Johnson. I think he would be a perfect backup for Perk, giving us a different look a C with his athleticism.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I've always thought Gorman is a bit of a water boy for UConn - might be something from Melo's 'cuse days that has Gorman hating?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I've always thought Gorman is a bit of a water boy for UConn - might be something from Melo's 'cuse days that has Gorman hating?

Really?  The only times I have heard him talking about Uconn has been to humor Donny, or talk about guys like Ray, who is just a likable player.

Personally, I feel the same way about Carmelo as Gorman does.  He reminds me a lot of Paul Pierce, post Antoine, pre-KG...and I did not like Pierce very much at that time as well.  Just seems like kind of a selfish player that is not interested in doing what needs to be done. 

Pierce changed (or actually changed back to the way he was as a young player on those playoff teams), and Melo could too.  But right now, I just don't like him.

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
Thinking pseudo realistically I would love Andre Iguodala, Thaddeus Young, and Troy Murphy. if we could somehow acquire Serge Ibaka as well that would be great.

AI and Thad offer decent range and freakish athleticism making our fast break game tops in the league.  And I've always loved Troy Murphy's game, he's always slayed the celtics his entire career. and I think his 3 pt. range and solid rebounding would be very effective.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:20:43 PM by JBone4eva »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I just have one. I'm dieing to know what other C's fans think of him. But I love this kids potential. Anthony Randolph!!!!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I just have one. I'm dieing to know what other C's fans think of him. But I love this kids potential. Anthony Randolph!!!!

Good call.  He is a player I would love to see the C's get their hands on, and I would be working hard to try to try to move Perk for him this summer.

He has some red flags with his work ethic/maturity, but he also is a heck of a talent.  Definitely someone I would like to take a chance on, if they could.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I can't say specific names because I feel like good young free agents won't come here (so names already in the league don't make much sense).

In the draft I want to see long athletic players who can defend and finish at the rim. Have Rondo push the tempo and throw alleys and good passes to fast athletic men running the break. These C's will feed of turnovers and run people out of the gym. Throw in a few 3 point shooters to space the floor and we're doing good.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I can't say specific names because I feel like good young free agents won't come here (so names already in the league don't make much sense).

In the draft I want to see long athletic players who can defend and finish at the rim. Have Rondo push the tempo and throw alleys and good passes to fast athletic men running the break. These C's will feed of turnovers and run people out of the gym. Throw in a few 3 point shooters to space the floor and we're doing good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMfZq2gOUk

Ekpe Udoh is the guy I want in the 2010 draft. Nbadraft.net has him going around pick#18. This kid is very long and very athletic. Wing span of about 7'3 . He reminds me a lot of marcus camby or serge ibaka, but he has a very good handle and has potential to be about a 15ppg scorer in the nba and probably 8- 10 rpg as a starter.  The thing I love most though is his shot blocking ability, he averaged almost 4 blks per game this year.

He is a perfect fit with Rondo

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
No bosh

Rondo, Wade, Bronnie, Garnett     , Perk
Bibby, Ray,          , Noah

8 to be champ

Ray and Garnett, but no Pierce? Wow :o

You would keep those two but banish the lifetime Celtic?

pierce retires with 2 championship in all his glory man.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72

Really?  The only times I have heard him talking about Uconn has been to humor Donny, or talk about guys like Ray, who is just a likable player.

Personally, I feel the same way about Carmelo as Gorman does.  He reminds me a lot of Paul Pierce, post Antoine, pre-KG...and I did not like Pierce very much at that time as well.  Just seems like kind of a selfish player that is not interested in doing what needs to be done. 

Pierce changed (or actually changed back to the way he was as a young player on those playoff teams), and Melo could too.  But right now, I just don't like him.
No way - the way he talks about it he used to call UConn or Big East games - he talks about it all the time... even before Donny started getting burn on TV and Ray was traded for...

I've heard him gush over Rip, Emeka, and Gay to name a few - all vastly overrated IMO.