Author Topic: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21  (Read 33932 times)

Re: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I hate to say it but with Seth Curry testing positive for Covid, and the Wizards having played the Sixers a couple of nights ago, the Wizards should immediately quarantine and this game should probably be canceled.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 09:24:14 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I hate to say it but with Seth Curry testing positive for Covid, and the Wizards having played the Sixers a couple of nights ago, the Wizards should immediately quarantine and this game should probably be canceled.
Yeah, I don’t think this is good news. Cs have 5 guys now that likely won’t play tonight. Green has been out like 1.5 weeks now. If the 5 players need to sit out the same amount of time, the Cs will be very short handed.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Yeah, I don’t think this is good news. Cs have 5 guys now that likely won’t play tonight. Green has been out like 1.5 weeks now. If the 5 players need to sit out the same amount of time, the Cs will be very short handed.
i expect we will see a lot of waters, edwards, and fall. who else do they have?

edwards showed a flicker of nba ability last game. let's see if he can build that into a fire.

fall, he will play hard and do his best and be very tall....and then probably foul out.  ;)

waters....i have not had the love for him that others here do. i like his defense and playmaking. but his shooting and turn overs are a problem.

heck, we may even see nesmith play for a while. let's see whether the nba game is still too fast for him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 11:28:37 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
We suiting up Evan Turner tonight?
ok fine

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 11:30:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We probably have to lol, we're going to play two of our wings a lot of big minutes when we have 3 playable wings to begin with.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 11:30:04 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

or his son

Romeo   

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 11:38:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I just pray the NBA won't cancel the season.... 

maybe go back to bubble life?  regional bubbles.  Until vaccines are ready for the NBA players

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

I just pray the NBA won't cancel the season.... 

maybe go back to bubble life?  regional bubbles.  Until vaccines are ready for the NBA players

It already feels like Year of the Asterisk: Part Two.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 01:29:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
This game shouldn't even be played. Seth Curry tested positive and he played against the Wizards a few days ago. Now the C's have a positive case (Timelord) + 3 other guys who were supposedly in close contact. And obviously between the three teams (PHI, WAS, BOS), these guys probably were near each other and probably interacted with each other even on the bench or off-the-court. Just not safe to play the game and potentially lead to a bigger outbreak.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 02:03:22 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
People are getting excited to see more of Tacko Fall.  I don't think that will be the case.  I see a core unit of Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Ojeleye, all playing up to 36 min.  Pritchard will play around 24 and that leaves 12 each for Waters, Edwards, Nesmith.

Unless there is foul trouble or a blow out, I don't expect much of Tacko.

Ojeleye vs. Thompson or either Williams is not all that much different so playing Semi more is really not that big a deal.  We will be very small though.  Our closing unit will probably be Pritchard, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, pretty much what we saw down the stretch against Miami anyway.  Maybe even start the game with that unit.

Waters, Edwards, Nesmith, Ojeleye plus one starter as the second unit, yikes.

Teague and Green might play though, right?

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 02:15:12 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We got this .....

Three man game .....two guards looking for Tacko under the rim,  when they pack it in ,   you shoot 8-15 jumpers all day .  NO threes !   That leads to fast breaks and this is bad for tacko . 

Shoot the ball in close make them either step out a few feet or get dunked on . 

Pritchard should use Tacko as a dunking machine , never more than 6 feet from the rim.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 03:09:07 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
People are getting excited to see more of Tacko Fall.  I don't think that will be the case.  I see a core unit of Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Ojeleye, all playing up to 36 min.  Pritchard will play around 24 and that leaves 12 each for Waters, Edwards, Nesmith.

Unless there is foul trouble or a blow out, I don't expect much of Tacko.

Ojeleye vs. Thompson or either Williams is not all that much different so playing Semi more is really not that big a deal.  We will be very small though.  Our closing unit will probably be Pritchard, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, pretty much what we saw down the stretch against Miami anyway.  Maybe even start the game with that unit.

Waters, Edwards, Nesmith, Ojeleye plus one starter as the second unit, yikes.

Teague and Green might play though, right?

I have a tough time seeing them roll with Semi as a small-ball center, or Tatum for that matter. I think Tacko definitely gets 12-15 minutes, and we pray that Theis somehow stays out of foul trouble.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
This game shouldn't even be played. Seth Curry tested positive and he played against the Wizards a few days ago. Now the C's have a positive case (Timelord) + 3 other guys who were supposedly in close contact. And obviously between the three teams (PHI, WAS, BOS), these guys probably were near each other and probably interacted with each other even on the bench or off-the-court. Just not safe to play the game and potentially lead to a bigger outbreak.

Forget tonight, shouldn’t  the entire Celtics team need to quarentine for 14 days? We have a positive player that everyone was exposed to...

It’s actually gross negligence and very disappointing on the NBA’s part if these games are played, having these exposed players out in the world possibly spreading a virus they currently test negative for...

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 04:46:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Forget tonight, shouldn’t  the entire Celtics team need to quarentine for 14 days? We have a positive player that everyone was exposed to...

It’s actually gross negligence and very disappointing on the NBA’s part if these games are played, having these exposed players out in the world possibly spreading a virus they currently test negative for...

There's no way they are doing that. Even in the MLB, NFL, etc. when they had outbreaks on certain teams or groups of teams, they just kept playing on and pushed on.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Tacko Fall time to shine!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin