Author Topic: Basketball as we know it, is Over  (Read 5012 times)

Re: Basketball as we know it, is Over
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2021, 03:58:05 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

If your looking for sports to go back to normal it won't. Basketball and sports in general will never be the same. Agreed?

If sports doesn't go back to some semblance of normalcy, then more than likely most of our lives won't either. I read the other day that covid has killed ~25% of small businesses, and I'd suspect that if this continues another year+, that number may triple.

We're staring another great depression right in the face if this continues.

Re: Basketball as we know it, is Over
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2021, 09:27:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Things will get back to normal once there is enough vaccine out there, and players have been vaccinated. The trouble is nobody knows when that will be.

It's clear the NBA relaxed the bubble too soon, and now they seem to be backtracking some. There are just too many quarantines to get through the season right now. I'm not a big fan of contact tracing, since nobody really knows if it's necessary --or at least they aren't telling. It just seems wasteful to quarantine players who haven't tested positive.  Granted the details on all this are murky. If a guy tests negative he should play --immediately.

The other thing is these teams really could use a taxi squad right now. There should have been that provision in this situation.