Author Topic: Shams: Four Celtics Facing Min. 7 Day Quarantine (TimeLord, TT, Grant, Carsen)  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Wizards last game was with Philly, right when Curry tested positive.  I’m not sure how the testing schedule or the contact tracing worked, but obviously there was some potential exposure there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The Wizards last game was with Philly, right when Curry tested positive.  I’m not sure how the testing schedule or the contact tracing worked, but obviously there was some potential exposure there.

Also if Timelord is positive doesn’t that mean our entire team was exposed, as well as the Heat and possibly Raptors (or beyond) since he probably had the virus before testing positive?

I hate to say it but this is why the NBA needs a bubble, or needs to shut down and quarantine all players for at least 2 weeks. Who knows whose spreading what.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Why am I not surprised that Rob was the one guy to test positive?

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Not all COVID spread is negligent.
#JKJB

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Evan Turner could sign a 10-day, I believe.

I’m not sure that he could. The CBA does not allow player coaches.

I don’t think it’ll happen, but there was some joking about it before the season. It used to be allowed - Mike Dunleavy did it in the 1990s - but that might have changed. https://vault.si.com/vault/1990/04/09/the-trials-of-the-temps-ah-the-bittersweet-life-of-the-nba-10-day-player-here-today-gone-tomorrow-to-the-nets-or-wherever

Bill Russell was a player-coach in 1966 under Red, who was GM. Russell was the first AA head coach in modern American professional sports and won two rings in 1968 and 1969.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Agreed

Hasn't the team been on the road for a week and a half now?

Can't see how the team allows the guys to leave the hotel and have fun...

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I didn't say it was. Or that he was.  But frankly, for whatever reason (and I'm one of his biggest supporters/defenders on this site), I have been worried since the start of the season that this would happen to him.  Snake bitten.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
So with the Kemba news, we may have a rough 7 days, but by the end of it we may have everyone except Langford back for the first time this season.

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I didn't say it was. Or that he was.  But frankly, for whatever reason (and I'm one of his biggest supporters/defenders on this site), I have been worried since the start of the season that this would happen to him.  Snake bitten.

That's how I (rightfully, it turns out) felt about Smart when the season got suspended last year. Some guys just seem to be Murphy's law personified
I'm bitter.