Author Topic: Imagine winning game 3  (Read 4586 times)

Re: Imagine winning game 3
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
We need to win Game 3 and put our foot on their throats and crush their windpipe.

I want this to be over with as soon as possible. No leeway for the Lakers finish them off immediately.

Also a Celtics sweep would make the national media look pretty foolish and that is a nice bonus in my book!

Oh, I totally agree with you there, mate!  It got me kind of surprised seeing nearly all of the experts at ESPN homepage (apart from one) who thought Lakers would win the series; some said in 5 games or even 6 games.  I donīt really understand where they were during the regular season; their judgements are mostly made from the Playoffs and the struggle against Atlanta probably gave them some worrying signals.  However, seeing us go to Cleveland and take 1 game and then take two games in Detroit must have turned these doubters around.  Nevertheless, I am really happy that the Lakers are considered winners before the series starts.  It puts all the pressure off our team over to the Lakers and you really can see that the pressure is getting on their players.  It would not surprise me at if we would win game 3, it would be more surprising if we would lose 3 in a row in LA simply because we have a great team that canīt be missing 3 games in a row unless the games are fixed!   ;D
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:11 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Winning game 3 would be "LONG NIGHTMARES" for the LAKERS fans..

They would be sleepless for 2 days, waiting for game 4. "would they win game 4 or not?" That would be stressful..  ;D

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Winning game 3 would be "LONG NIGHTMARES" for the LAKERS fans..

They would be sleepless for 2 days, waiting for game 4. "would they win game 4 or not?" That would be stressful..  ;D

If we win Game 3 its over in a sweep.

I mean Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant already look totally clueless as to what to do that's why they are pressuring the officials so much.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Wow, if the Lakers lose Game 3, they can always change the name of the Forum to Cry Baby Central..because the Excuses that will fly out of there will be legendary

If anything, I think Game 3 is the one we can steal the easiest. Long flight, short days rest....We were shaken back to reality towards the end of last nights game and that is a plus as we will be more then ready for a full 48 minutes on Tuesday and last but not least, do not forget Paul Pierce's homecooking will he receive. Even if the fouls go the other way in the next game, we can still find a way to win the game like we have before.

As a team, we really came together in those road wins in Detroit. Kind of like how the Sox came together after winning 4 straight vs the Yankees in 2004. I had thought Celtics in 5 but it would not surprise me to see it end sooner. One thing you can be sure of, you will not see the Lakers put up numbers like they did in the 4th quarter again vs the Celtics..Take that to the bank..

Look for a very close game on Tuesday, with a sprinkle of home cooking, PP can take us to the brink of Greatness...Go Celtics!