Author Topic: Ideas in case of Apocalypse  (Read 4786 times)

Re: Ideas in case of Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Once again, not saying that I hope or want the big 3 to leave just bringing up the possibility. If you can't tell that I think it would be bad you should read the title of the thread then think about if the apocalypse is a good or a bad thing.

Very interesting parallels between this and the literal interpretation, (of apocalypse being good or bad, esp. religiously). I was actually wondering initially: What defines "apocalypse" in this case? I assume from the OP that it's losing Doc and the Big Three, (which I would agree qualifies), but it's all in how you look at it, really.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
If the dominoes fall towards a break up, then the C's need to cannon ball into the break up process. Let Pierce and Ray walk and trade KG to a contender for an expiring contract.

Specifically Dallas, Denver or Utah have expiring contracts and a size/defensive need to get past LA.

I hope we get 1 more run though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:58:16 PM by Mr October »

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 03:28:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Once again, not saying that I hope or want the big 3 to leave just bringing up the possibility. If you can't tell that I think it would be bad you should read the title of the thread then think about if the apocalypse is a good or a bad thing.

Very interesting parallels between this and the literal interpretation, (of apocalypse being good or bad, esp. religiously). I was actually wondering initially: What defines "apocalypse" in this case? I assume from the OP that it's losing Doc and the Big Three, (which I would agree qualifies), but it's all in how you look at it, really.
Great post, in this case there is no way this apocalypse will lead to immediate salvation for the righteous. Although it would purge the Celticsfan base of bandwagon jumpers and leave only the true believers in it's wake.

In this case I consider salvation an NBA championship. If you consider the removal of pseudo fans from the Celticsblog consciousness a good thing than I guess you take the more religious view of the apocalypse instead of the conventional one.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Great post, in this case there is no way this apocalypse will lead to immediate salvation for the righteous. Although it would purge the Celticsfan base of bandwagon jumpers and leave only the true believers in it's wake.

In this case I consider salvation an NBA championship. If you consider the removal of pseudo fans from the Celticsblog consciousness a good thing than I guess you take the more religious view of the apocalypse instead of the conventional one.

sooooooo...would right now be "purgatory" then?
Yup

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

sooooooo...would right now be "purgatory" then?
Yes but it is a temporary purgatory, where if we keep the big 3 together we are brought back into the world of the living, if we break things up we'll be thrust into the apocalypse.

BTW I like the idea of getting an expiring contract for KG, however I would prefer getting young talent along with a bad contract to an expiring.

All the teams that cleared cap space only to see no one join their teams should be cautionary tales for those forgoing talent for cap space.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
I guess with the lock out coming in 2012, then this is really KG's last contract year so it would be the best time to trade him and re-load.  I say sign and trade everyone to wherever they want to go.  We owe them that much.  Keep Rondo and build a super athletic team around him.  Keep Tony Allen because he falls in the category of athletes that can keep up with Rondo on the wing.  Bradley may fall into that category as well.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I guess with the lock out coming in 2012, then this is really KG's last contract year so it would be the best time to trade him and re-load.  I say sign and trade everyone to wherever they want to go.  We owe them that much.  Keep Rondo and build a super athletic team around him.  Keep Tony Allen because he falls in the category of athletes that can keep up with Rondo on the wing.  Bradley may fall into that category as well.
I agree, but only if they choose to go on their own in the first place. We don't want to push the big 3 out the door but deal with the fallout after they walk out.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
without the big 3 we will still be a playoff team, probably 7-8th seed. As Rondo is emerging as one of the top pg, his assist might go down, but his ppg will go up

we will/should start building around rondo

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 11:46:47 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Wow, Wow, Wow!  I am not going to lie, but this looks like a 25 win team, max. 

If Paul, and Ray leave we're gonna go into rebuilding mode regardless of if we can move KG. If we go into rebuilding mode I am less concerned with wins than putting together a young exciting team that shows promise. 25 wins would net us a nice pick next year to add to that young nucleus.

The thought of that makes me thoroughly nauseous. Sorry, 25 win teams with lots of upside are a dime a dozen in this league. And they stay that way. I certainly hope we hang on to our core and add on because that is the right way to conduct NBA business especially if you are the Celtics.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If the worse happens:

Sign and trade Pierce.

Sign and trade Ray.

Trade KG to a team trying to lure Lebron.