Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 108699 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
tank watch games tonight for the MEM pick watch:

MEM (28-41) @ WAS (29-40)

CLE @ DAL (27-41)

PHO @ NO (30-41): AD expected to play his usual limited minutes.

« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2019, 12:23:22 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Memphis lost to Washington
New Orleans lost to Phoenix (credit to Alvin Gentry)
Dallas defeated Cleveland

12 games left for Memphis

« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2019, 08:36:20 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
2 games separating Memphis and 9th place.

Nop and Dallas are definatrly tanking big time.

washington in the 9th pick slot and I cannot figure out for the life of me why they are trying to win at all. Makes zero sense at this point to not want a better pick

« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2019, 10:16:52 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

washington in the 9th pick slot and I cannot figure out for the life of me why they are trying to win at all. Makes zero sense at this point to not want a better pick
Memphis has the hardest remaining schedule of the four.  Washington and NOP have 2 more wins than Memphis.  Dallas and NOP play each other once.  Dallas isn't tanking big time since they haven't shut down Doncic.  If you want the pick this year which I don't, the only potential positive I see is Dallas and Memphis play each other twice.   

« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Memphis has the hardest remaining schedule of the four.  Washington and NOP have 2 more wins than Memphis.  Dallas and NOP play each other once.  Dallas isn't tanking big time since they haven't shut down Doncic.  If you want the pick this year which I don't, the only potential positive I see is Dallas and Memphis play each other twice.

Dallas does not want to give its pick this season. Playing Doncic is a priority as well. They are losing more than winning.

NOP will be losing alot moving out as well.

Dallas wants its pick
Pelicans want as good a pick as possible.
Memphis doesnt wamt to lose future picks because they are trading conley in the offseason

« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Dallas does not want to give its pick this season. Playing Doncic is a priority as well. They are losing more than winning.

Dallas wants its pick
Memphis doesnt wamt to lose future picks because they are trading conley in the offseason
NOP only has 10 games left and 8 of them are against below .500 teams.  Memphis has 12 games left and 7 of those are against .500 or above teams. 

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Don't want the Grizz pick to convey unless it's a result of the King's pick hitting 2 or 3  ;D

« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
8th worst is near 39 percent chance convey, 7th worst 14, 6th around 4 (vague estimateforget the exact percentages)

6th or 7th all the way hopefully

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2019, 01:34:10 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Dallas wants its pick
NOP only has 10 games left and 8 of them are against below .500 teams.  Memphis has 12 games left and 7 of those are against .500 or above teams.

Doesnt matter pels strength of schedule. They will lose alot. Franchise wants a good puck to add to the haul from Davis.

Memphis' remaining games will have a few rest games in there so the above 500 team might be beneficial

« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Don't want the Grizz pick to convey unless it's a result of the King's pick hitting 2 or 3  ;D

Why dont you want a better pick?

This memphis team with the haul they get from a conley trade and a top 5 player will drop the value of the pick drmatically.

iF the pick conveyed next season with would be at best a 10-14 pick (like the kings pick this season) and if they someone managed to land a top 6 pick added to next years core and max capspace that pick will likely be out of lottery in 2021

« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I do bit understand why people dont want the puck this year.

Memphis will not let us get a high lotto pick moving forwards so they will do whatever it takes to win moving on.

If the pick translates it means more salary to use in a davis trade.

It makes zero sense for boston or memphis to root for the pick to not translate thus season

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Memphis will not let us get a high lotto pick moving forwards so they will do whatever it takes to win moving on.

It makes zero sense for boston or memphis to root for the pick to not translate thus season

There’s always a chance Memphis will fail in its rebuild so the unprotected pick might be great two years from now.

But (1) who knows - that pick might be a high lottery pick; (2) ninth isn’t bad value - a lot of starters and even all stars are found there; (3) you made an important point when you mention the salary. It’s hard to put together a trade for AD where the salaries match w/out sending Smart. Having that salary would help.

« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

I agree -- if the pick is 9 we should praise the basketball gods and be ecstatic.  I think the pick actually loses value if it becomes an unknown.  ird in the hand is #9 this year compared to the possible #7 next year (with luck) or an unlikely better one in 2 years if Memphis stinks.    If I'm Sac -- I think I look at #9 this year as a clear asset -- better than the chance at a better asset in 2 years.   

Of course, the other critical variable is the depth of the projected talent in the upcoming drafts.  From what I read here, there will be reasonable talent at 9 this year. In 2 years, your guessing how 16 year olds will develop.  Yeah, I think Sac will see #9 this year as a better asset than the pick if unconveyed.

« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2019, 02:10:15 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

There’s always a chance Memphis will fail in its rebuild so the unprotected pick might be great two years from now.

But (1) who knows - that pick might be a high lottery pick; (2) ninth isn’t bad value - a lot of starters and even all stars are found there; (3) you made an important point when you mention the salary. It’s hard to put together a trade for AD where the salaries match w/out sending Smart. Having that salary would help.

With Gasol out and a Conley soon to follow the Grizz are going to be steadily getting worse. Their record now has a lot to do with their strong start when they had both Conley and Gasol. With the two next year they will be much worse. The West is strong and no matter how good Jaren Jackson may become he's not going to get them in the play-offs in his 2nd or 3rd year. Memphis' rebuild will convey a top ten pick at the least

« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2019, 02:43:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Why dont you want a better pick?

This memphis team with the haul they get from a conley trade and a top 5 player will drop the value of the pick drmatically.

iF the pick conveyed next season with would be at best a 10-14 pick (like the kings pick this season) and if they someone managed to land a top 6 pick added to next years core and max capspace that pick will likely be out of lottery in 2021
There are two reason one is the draft is weak after the top 5. And second Grizz plan is to trade Conley based on all the rumors as well as the rumor they want the pick to convey this year because they expect to bottom out next year.