Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 705480 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2009, 08:02:57 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
"In one of the last scenes shows Sam straightening a photograph on the side of the bar. The picture is of Geronimo. This is an homage to the late Nicholas Colasanto, who played "Coach" Ernie Pantusso from 1982-1985. The picture held special meaning to Colasanto and hung in his dressing room. When he died in 1985, the picture was moved to the bar in his memory."

A huge TP for this!!!

and a chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/v/botdmsQilnU&hl=en&fs=1
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 08:08:12 AM by SShorefan 3.0 »
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
"In one of the last scenes shows Sam straightening a photograph on the side of the bar. The picture is of Geronimo. This is an homage to the late Nicholas Colasanto, who played "Coach" Ernie Pantusso from 1982-1985. The picture held special meaning to Colasanto and hung in his dressing room. When he died in 1985, the picture was moved to the bar in his memory."

A huge TP for this!!!

and a chuckle:

A TP for you for the Cliff clip.
I love Cliffy!  :)

« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2009, 08:58:30 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

A huge TP for this!!!

and a chuckle:

In my humble opinion, the last great sitcom.  The depth of the cast and the writing made Cheers a jugernaut.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Frasier > Cheers.

« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
No Cheers, no Frasier  ;)

« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
No Cheers, no Frasier  ;)

True. I love Cheers but Frasier is the second greatest sitcom of all time in my opinion. The best being Scrubs.

« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

A huge TP for this!!!

and a chuckle:

In my humble opinion, the last great sitcom.  The depth of the cast and the writing made Cheers a jugernaut.

I like how Cliff's name is in print and the other 2 contestants are in cursive.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

A huge TP for this!!!

and a chuckle:

It was great, but Seinfeld was just as good (IMO). I also loved Arrested Development (they're making a movie)and have fallen in love with 30 Rock.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2009, 06:18:32 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I wish they gave out Tommy Points on facebook.

Facebook is taking over, so many people have it, it's insane.

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Wouldn't that effectively render CB Forums obsolete? ;)
Yup

« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Facebook is taking over, so many people have it, it's insane.

I heard it's now 150 million!  :o

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
random funny pic  ;D....

well, the bathtub was filled up so the poor kid wasn't sure where to take a bath...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
maestro......

in a landslide:

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
CelticMaestro:

OK back off topic.

Who would win in a fight, Gandalf the White or Darth Vader? I think it's a close call, with Gandalf shading it. Truthfully, I think Aragorn would kill both, but what with Gandalf's wizadry and Vader's Sith power, they might have an advantage.

Look, I'm no saying I'm a nerd, but I will debate you on this for 14 hours straight, ok?  Vader vs. Gandalf is a genuine toss up.  I give Vader the edge because of technology, but y'know Gandalf was a Maiar, kind of the equivelant of an arch-angel sent to raise some ruckus in Middle Earth.

Also, it is good that you clarify Gandalf the white, the more powerful incarnation, and not the grey.

HOWEVER, Aragorn would be power owned, that's right pwned, by either Vader or Gandalf.  No contest.  This isn't even a discussion.  You, sir, are drunk.  Or mad.  Or both.  I don't know.  Gandalf was one of the greatest of all men in Middle Earth, this is true.  But Gandalf was, again, a Maiar.  No contest!  And Vader would just force choke Aragorn while he swung his sword futilely.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to enact the epic Gandalf/Vader battle in my head for the next 45 minutes...

vwing... vwing... skreeeee (that's a spellcasting sound, FYI), ahhhhphhhhh ahhhhphhh (heavy breathing), You...Shall...Not.... PASS!!!....vwing... vwing...

I am so excited I might lose conciousness.

(45 minutes later)

OMG Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. JUST HAPPEND FTW PASSING OUT!

« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
CelticMaestro:

OK back off topic.

Who would win in a fight, Gandalf the White or Darth Vader? I think it's a close call, with Gandalf shading it. Truthfully, I think Aragorn would kill both, but what with Gandalf's wizadry and Vader's Sith power, they might have an advantage.

Look, I'm no saying I'm a nerd, but I will debate you on this for 14 hours straight, ok?  Vader vs. Gandalf is a genuine toss up.  I give Vader the edge because of technology, but y'know Gandalf was a Maiar, kind of the equivelant of an arch-angel sent to raise some ruckus in Middle Earth.

Also, it is good that you clarify Gandalf the white, the more powerful incarnation, and not the grey.

HOWEVER, Aragorn would be power owned, that's right pwned, by either Vader or Gandalf.  No contest.  This isn't even a discussion.  You, sir, are drunk.  Or mad.  Or both.  I don't know.  Gandalf was one of the greatest of all men in Middle Earth, this is true.  But Gandalf was, again, a Maiar.  No contest!  And Vader would just force choke Aragorn while he swung his sword futilely.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to enact the epic Gandalf/Vader battle in my head for the next 45 minutes...

vwing... vwing... skreeeee (that's a spellcasting sound, FYI), ahhhhphhhhh ahhhhphhh (heavy breathing), You...Shall...Not.... PASS!!!....vwing... vwing...

I am so excited I might lose conciousness.

(45 minutes later)

OMG **** JUST HAPPEND FTW PASSING OUT!

Magic powers and Sith abilities aside - Aragorn wins in a straight up sword/sabre/magic stick fight. He's the greatest fighter in all of Middle-Earth.

TP though, that was great. I wish they brought out a video game where we could pit movie characters against each other. Or someone produced a YouTube clip like the Ryu (Street Fighter) v Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) one.