Author Topic: Fashawn  (Read 3166 times)

Fashawn
« on: May 12, 2011, 02:10:45 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Just curious if anyone's listened to him.  I just got his album Boy Meets World (came out like 2 years ago I think). 

But if anyone out there is struggling to find some good new hip hop -- look no further.  This album, front to back, is on point in both production (exile does a lot) and rapping.

This link only lets you hear a small sample of the songs.  But it's enough to be able to tell whether or not you'll like it.

http://www.last.fm/music/Fashawn/Boy+Meets+World

Samsonite Man -- all time classic IMO

Lemme kno wat u think
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

Re: Fashawn
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Yeah, I love this guy. He is hopefully a new breed of rappers that actually are intelligent and have a message

Did you here his "Ode to Illmatic" mixtape? His remake of Nas' Memory Lane song was amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FOhVOiBQBE

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
Yeah, I love this guy. He is hopefully a new breed of rappers that actually are intelligent and have a message

Did you here his "Ode to Illmatic" mixtape? His remake of Nas' Memory Lane song was amazing
Ya man he is the truth.  Ill check out that Ode to Illmatic.  I vaguely remember someone telling me about it.  He raps over all the original beats right?
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

Ya man he is the truth.  Ill check out that Ode to Illmatic.  I vaguely remember someone telling me about it.  He raps over all the original beats right?

Yup, and its flawless. The same two part verse that Nas does

And I love your account photo. Reasonable Doubt was my fav Jay-Z album, to be his best

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

Ya man he is the truth.  Ill check out that Ode to Illmatic.  I vaguely remember someone telling me about it.  He raps over all the original beats right?

Yup, and its flawless. The same two part verse that Nas does

And I love your account photo. Reasonable Doubt was my fav Jay-Z album, to be his best

hahah ya man   TP for that

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I'm a big fan.  Other guys I've been listening to are Freddie Gibbs and XV.  XV is pretty similar to Fashawn, he's a real smart dude.  Gibbs gets a lot of Tupac comparisons because of what he talks about, his flow isn't nothing like Pacs.  Check out National Anthem by Freddie Gibbs though, songs great.
do it

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
I'm a big fan.  Other guys I've been listening to are Freddie Gibbs and XV.  XV is pretty similar to Fashawn, he's a real smart dude.  Gibbs gets a lot of Tupac comparisons because of what he talks about, his flow isn't nothing like Pacs.  Check out National Anthem by Freddie Gibbs though, songs great.

Ya National Anthem is great.  I haven't much else from him though aside from this one I actually heard today:

http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/player.php?id=14340

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

Ya National Anthem is great.  I haven't much else from him though aside from this one I actually heard today:

http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/player.php?id=14340

Nice song. Thats the same sample also used for Mobb Deep's song "Survival of the Fittest Remix"

I'm a 90's Hip Hop feen, don't mind me lol