Author Topic: scal inbound highlight of the day  (Read 10684 times)

Re: scal inbound highlight of the day
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
You guys are laughing after the fact...but at the time it wasn't funny because that's how runs begin. 

20 point wins make those things funnier in hindsight.

and for those of you jumping all over me, i'm allowed to hate the guy.  i think he sucks, and in case we've forgotten (and maybe i'm in the "poor" minority here) $15 MILLION DOLLARS is a LOT of money...  maybe not to NBA players, but to peons like me it sure is. 

He sucks...that's my opinion and I'll be glad when he's gone.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Nice 3 at the end in garbage time however.  Just looking at the good side of Scal.   ;)

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Marcus Landry could mean the end of Scal at SF. He is better in almost every statistic and can post up, hit the 3 and rebound (inbound?). Has similar versatility to Scal.

gee. a scal replacement. i can see #18 already.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 06:55:01 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
scal inbound pass was correct..he was supose to come to the ball...

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Even if we try to give Scal the break he doesn't deserve, and claim that he was "leading" Rondo with the pass, you don't throw a pass that "leads" directly into the waiting defender and the sideline when you need to advance the ball for a last second shot.

If BBIQ is Scal's strong point, he should be restricted to an exclusive towel-waving role.

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Even if we try to give Scal the break he doesn't deserve, and claim that he was "leading" Rondo with the pass, you don't throw a pass that "leads" directly into the waiting defender and the sideline when you need to advance the ball for a last second shot.

If BBIQ is Scal's strong point, he should be restricted to an exclusive towel-waving role.

lol...scal did the rite thing...no break needed..rondo needs to check his iq..

funny how scal who gets next to nada minutes get put on front street when are "starters" have had more than 10 turnovers in a qt,..

scal dialed the number..rondo didnt get the call

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
People need to stop making excuses for Scal. It is inexcusable for an NBA player to play as long as he has and have that body. Scal is all freckles and fat. I find this ridiculous.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
people need to stop puttin down playas of a team they say they are fans of...

Celtic's is not jus the so called "Big 3"...couple other guys who have made a diffrence here as well..and Scal is one of them

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

Celtic's is not jus the so called "Big 3"...couple other guys who have made a diffrence here as well..and Scal is one of them

Bass...this is an opinion site.  People are allowed to express any kind they like, even if the comments are negative.

You are dead wrong regarding that play.  As I noted earlier here, Doc Rivers called out Scalabrine for that play, NOT Rondo.  I would believe the head coach knows whom should be singled out, and has more insight than we fans.

Scal made a bonehead play...doesn't make him a criminal, just had a stupid moment.  Fortunately that play didn't hurt this team, but it was in what could have been a pivotal moment in which Portland was starting to gain momentum.  Doc is very adept at understanding that games can be lost due to the influence of the crowd's emotion.

Personally, I can't stand Scal.  I'm entitled to that opinion, even as a fan of this franchise.  I can't wait until he's gone and fortunately for him he's made good money off this contract because he'll never get one close to that. 

But don't question my love for this franchise...I don't appreciate that, and it's nothing more than a weak ploy that often masks the real issue in this thread: Scal messed up and it was squarely on his shoulders...

But they won by 20 and the sun (at least in my Florida neighborhood where I had to turn on the air conditioner for the first time in weeks) came up today... ;)

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »

Offline el.celta

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
because they do not leave bad services Scalabrine?
it is incredible that a player with a salary of $ 3.4 million to keep it so.
example: Rudy Gay $ 3.2 million and makes tremendous game

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 09:29:10 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Bass...this is an opinion site.  People are allowed to express any kind they like, even if the comments are negative.

You are dead wrong regarding that play.  As I noted earlier here, Doc Rivers called out Scalabrine for that play, NOT Rondo.  I would believe the head coach knows whom should be singled out, and has more insight than we fans.

Scal made a bonehead play...doesn't make him a criminal, just had a stupid moment.  Fortunately that play didn't hurt this team, but it was in what could have been a pivotal moment in which Portland was starting to gain momentum.  Doc is very adept at understanding that games can be lost due to the influence of the crowd's emotion.

Personally, I can't stand Scal.  I'm entitled to that opinion, even as a fan of this franchise.  I can't wait until he's gone and fortunately for him he's made good money off this contract because he'll never get one close to that. 

But don't question my love for this franchise...I don't appreciate that, and it's nothing more than a weak ploy that often masks the real issue in this thread: Scal messed up and it was squarely on his shoulders...

But they won by 20 and the sun (at least in my Florida neighborhood where I had to turn on the air conditioner for the first time in weeks) came up today... ;)

my post for dude above my post..not u

i cant take on all scal haters at once...

now we belive doc is a great coach..lol

maybe he makes the money he make cuz sombody saw somthin in him u didnt see..rite or wrong nobody should diss the man...

my opinion

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

my post for dude above my post..not u

i cant take on all scal haters at once...

now we belive doc is a great coach..lol

maybe he makes the money he make cuz sombody saw somthin in him u didnt see..rite or wrong nobody should diss the man...

my opinion

You're interesting...

You apparently believe that none of us should get on the players (as you are protecting Scal), but it's okay if you dis on the coach, huh? (as I highlighted your comment about Doc above).

That is hypocrisy with a cherry on top...  ::)

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 10:39:58 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

The only year we won the championship this decade, Scal was on the bench wearing jeans. The whole playoffs. Never even suited up.

Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Scal is one of the 20 worst players in the NBA. My real question is why the hell did Doc put him in the game to inbound the ball? It made no sense. Still, my guess is that anyone from 5 years old and up would have noticed that Rondo was standing right there with his arms open asking for the ball and would not have passed it to the opponent.

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 11:05:57 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
like yall opened ya eyes to tony allen and ray allen

soon yall will see Scalabrines worth

so get ya clown on while ya can.."C's fans"..lol