Author Topic: Celtics (7-2) at Magic (6-3) Game #10 11//5/17  (Read 25433 times)

Re: Celtics (7-2) at Magic (6-3) Game #10 11//5/17
« Reply #345 on: November 05, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
How many in a row???

10 ...maybe
i'm hoping for 80.  ;D

I legitimately think we could hit 13 in a row before facing GS in Boston next Thursday. We have @ ATL, vs LAL, vs CHA, vs TOR, and @ BKN before that, all of which we'll be favored in. Toronto will be the biggest question mark in the next several games, but I think the way we're playing right now will get us the win, especially at home.

I think we lose that home game to the Lakers. They always play us tough in Boston, and they'll be motivated to put Lonzo Ball facing Jayson Tatum on the national spotlight. A home trap game is what I'd say.
At least we finally have someone who can guard Brook Lopez. Guys been killing us for years it feels like.

« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Looks like Kyrie played one quarter again?  Woof.  Is this by design, like to keep him from getting injuried?  Odd pattern of occurrences here.  Can't remember the last time I saw that stat line from a superstar.  But we won, which is most important.  Go Celts!

Any one have a take on this?  Last game, I criticized Kyrie pretty harshly, and after his 4th (and one good) quarter, everyone had a lot to say here.  Must've been fewer viewers in the game log tonight.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Pretty awesome that we keep rattling off these wins.  The balance of records across the league should probably start to make more sense pretty soon, I would imagine.

I missed this game, so please shed light if you can - looks like Jaylen had another fine game.  Did he carry the offense again at times?  So impressed by his offensive production this year.

Looks like Kyrie played one quarter again?  Woof.  Is this by design, like to keep him from getting injuried?  Odd pattern of occurrences here.  Can't remember the last time I saw that stat line from a superstar.  But we won, which is most important.  Go Celts!
Irving missed a few layups, which hurt his line, but it more seems that he only injects himself when he feels necessary. He seems to be trying to focus more on competing on defense and getting everyone involved on offense. He seems happy to draw attention while the offense is succesfull.

We've seen him really assert himself when necessary in games against OKC and Milwaukee(or was it Miami IDK).

He doesnt seem to care about any of his numbers but steals, which I suppose is encouraging. Surely we will need him to up his scoring load in the future, but for now I suppose that weve got to hope that it is a conscious decision by Kyrie.

I dont care who gets numbers in blowouts. Evidently, neither do Brad or Kyrie.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:06:45 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #348 on: November 05, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

« Reply #349 on: November 05, 2017, 09:04:02 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
HOW ABOUT THOSE CELTICS BABY??

8) 8) :D ;D

8 in a row!

tatum and brown and morriss with double digit scoring

al horford shooting like steph curry from 3!

GREEN RUNS DEEP!

KEEP THE STREAK GOING!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #350 on: November 05, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Pretty awesome that we keep rattling off these wins.  The balance of records across the league should probably start to make more sense pretty soon, I would imagine.

I missed this game, so please shed light if you can - looks like Jaylen had another fine game.  Did he carry the offense again at times?  So impressed by his offensive production this year.

Irving missed a few layups, which hurt his line, but it more seems that he only injects himself when he feels necessary. He seems to be trying to focus more on competing on defense and getting everyone involved on offense. He seems happy to draw attention while the offense is succesfull.

We've seen him really assert himself when necessary in games against OKC and Milwaukee(or was it Miami IDK).

He doesnt seem to care about any of his numbers but steals, which I suppose is encouraging. Surely we will need him to up his scoring load in the future, but for now I suppose that weve got to hope that it is a conscious decision by Kyrie.

Yeah, based on his last outing, I imagine this is the case.  He went from 0 to 100 really quickly, and showed way more than I thought he had in the 4th.  And if it's good for the team, then great.  Glad to see us winning.  But I think the Celtics will need him to be much more engaged/consistent as the year goes on. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #351 on: November 05, 2017, 09:24:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just got back from the game and read through all of the posts. Most are pretty spot on. It was funny - at one point tonight, there was actually a very audible "Let's go Celtics" chant from the crowd. Boston fans definitely travel well (in whatever sport). I felt a little bad for the guys next to me who seemed so hopeful Orlando could pull it off. Even though the Cs struggled at times, they always seemed in control.

« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
crazy how good we are so early!!! just watched the highlights and Tatum plays like a 6 year vet.

« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Knew this Celtic defense would expose the Magic's shooters. Loving the defense on this team. Its a joy to watch.

« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Stevens not happy with the offense despite blowing out the magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8iVp-6HxE

Talk about seeking perfection. I love that he's not riding off the moment ;D

« Reply #355 on: November 06, 2017, 02:10:38 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Just got back from the game and read through all of the posts. Most are pretty spot on. It was funny - at one point tonight, there was actually a very audible "Let's go Celtics" chant from the crowd. Boston fans definitely travel well (in whatever sport). I felt a little bad for the guys next to me who seemed so hopeful Orlando could pull it off. Even though the Cs struggled at times, they always seemed in control.
You could hear the chant on tv as well, which was awesome
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2017, 04:55:27 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Last time Celtics had the NBA's best record was 2009 and that was our best team from 'The Big Three Era'...it looks promising.

« Reply #357 on: November 06, 2017, 05:46:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Last time Celtics had the NBA's best record was 2009 and that was our best team from 'The Big Three Era'...it looks promising.

Hmm I thought it was 2010? (pre-injury Shaq team)