Author Topic: Summer League  (Read 1097 times)

Summer League
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:57:20 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Watching a few games and running through the stat lines it seems that no one is really jumping out.. again this is summer league and competition is less stellar

Simmons - plays wells but nothing really jumps out
Ingram - terrible so far
Brown - extremely raw, needs to learn how to finish
Bender - nothing at all
Dunn- most consistent, already in concussion protocol... I think he will be a "safe" player
Hield - inconsistent shooter
Murray- See Hield
Chriss - great raw energy but still far away
Poetl - not much going there
Maker- looks like KG one game then duds out with 10pf

Re: Summer League
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I feel it's more important to focus on the second year player's performances. Booker, Portis, SJ, Rozier and the like. See if they really separate from the competition. The first year guys are dealing with a gauntlet of challenges. The second year guys should be locked into basketball.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
I feel it's more important to focus on the second year player's performances. Booker, Portis, SJ, Rozier and the like. See if they really separate from the competition. The first year guys are dealing with a gauntlet of challenges. The second year guys should be locked into basketball.

Booker looks good but seems like a one dimensional player .. Portis will be a role player

But when you look back at guys who lit up summer league like Lillard, Towns, Wiggins to name a few you can tell who would be NBA ready...

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 12:29:05 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
the last few years i find myself really excited for summer league to start and then after 2 or 3 games its so depressing i can barely stand it.
 except when KO was tearing it up couple years ago. I thought we had the next Nowitzki!

We didn't.

this year... ugh.  but i guess you never know.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Booker looks good but seems like a one dimensional player .. Portis will be a role player

But when you look back at guys who lit up summer league like Lillard, Towns, Wiggins to name a few you can tell who would be NBA ready...

Wiggins did not "light up" summer league, as I recall.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 12:52:47 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
the last few years i find myself really excited for summer league to start and then after 2 or 3 games its so depressing i can barely stand it.
 except when KO was tearing it up couple years ago. I thought we had the next Nowitzki!

We didn't.

this year... ugh.  but i guess you never know.

KO played well and I was excited too ... but the competition that year was terrible... I remember KO being a bit sluggish but still being able to score at will ... cant do that in the big leagues

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
You can't get too high or to low on players in the summer league. I mean Marcus Banks lit it up in the summer league as I recall.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Russell is like a man among boys at summer league. He's going to be a stud. It was evident last season once he got playing time, and it'll show even more this year.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about