Author Topic: Report: Ainge believes Kyrie re-signs if Celtics acquire Davis  (Read 11804 times)

Re: Report: Ainge believes Kyrie re-signs if Celtics acquire Davis
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I still believe the deal is.

Tatum, Williams, Yabusele, Semi, Sac Pick, Memphis Pick, Boston 2019 Second, Boston 2020 first.

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent
23 Million outgoing Salary

27,093,018 - Davis Salary

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Tatum - potential superstar and a GREAT pairing for Zion and Jrue. they add a young defensive Center with crazy athleticism and motor. (Lob city part 2)
Add a couple young cheap bench players
Add an unprotected pick to their own picks moving forwards.
Add in pick 14 from this draft.
Add in pick 20 in this draft

they go into next season (assuming no other re-signings  or other signings and picks based on Tankathon mock draft)

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

They can always look to resign Randle as well (as they should) as Peyton and Johnson.

Team is very young with loads of talent/potential

I don't think that trade works. You'd have to sign those players to contracts in order to trade them. At that point you are not trading picks. Also, don't know about the cash.

I think Smart has to be included for a deal to work at all (unfortunately).

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I mean I hope so, but Durant's a better player than even Davis. Kyrie might leave regardless.

A lot up in the air this offseason. And the kicker is we probably won't know if it broke our way until after another season or two.

I think this too. Signing AD is no guarantee to make Kyrie stay. From what I've seen Durant and Kyrie are really close friends too so he may decide he want to go play in NY anyway.

It's pretty interesting. If mishandled (we give up a ton, AD walks next year, Kyrie doesn't re-sign) it has the chance to basically destroy everything Ainge has worked to build since the Brooklyn trade.

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 11:42:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I mean I hope so, but Durant's a better player than even Davis. Kyrie might leave regardless.

A lot up in the air this offseason. And the kicker is we probably won't know if it broke our way until after another season or two.

I think this too. Signing AD is no guarantee to make Kyrie stay. From what I've seen Durant and Kyrie are really close friends too so he may decide he want to go play in NY anyway.

It's pretty interesting. If mishandled (we give up a ton, AD walks next year, Kyrie doesn't re-sign) it has the chance to basically destroy everything Ainge has worked to build since the Brooklyn trade.

Ainge will do his due diligence and see where he stands before making such a move anyways.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd want a lot more than just "belief."

Do the Celts even have the ability to put the best trade package out there?

If the Knicks offer #3 + Knox + the picks they got from Dallas + Robinson, can the Celts top that?

What if the Lakers offer Kuzma + #4 + Hart + Ball?  Throw in Ingram, if he's cleared 100%.

Maybe the Celts win out if they offer #14 + #20 + #22 + Memphis 2020/2021 + Tatum + Brown ....

That's an awful lot to give up for what could easily end up as a one year rental. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

If the Knicks offer #3 + Knox + the picks they got from Dallas + Robinson, can the Celts top that?

What if the Lakers offer Kuzma + #4 + Hart + Ball?  Throw in Ingram, if he's cleared 100%.

Maybe the Celts win out if they offer #14 + #20 + #22 + Memphis 2020/2021 + Tatum + Brown ....

That's an awful lot to give up for what could easily end up as a one year rental.

Yes, they can make the best offer, it’s a question of if the best offer is too high of a cost to pay.

And if I’m Griffin, I want Tatum + Brown + Sacto + LAC picks, though I might settle for Tatum, Smart + Memphis plus the 2 picks. Maybe demand RW3 too but prolly not as a dealbreaker.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 11:51:35 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

If you factor in their ages (including Kyrie's), Davis makes more sense for him to partner up with than Durant.

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2019, 11:58:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yes, they can make the best offer, it’s a question of if the best offer is too high of a cost to pay.

And if I’m Griffin, I want Tatum + Brown + Sacto + LAC picks, though I might settle for Tatum, Smart + Memphis plus the 2 picks. Maybe demand RW3 too but prolly not as a dealbreaker.

The thing is, I know why we as Celtics fans feel that the Celtics have the best offer.  We look at Tatum and Brown and we see them as potential future stars. 

Does a GM of another NBA team see them that way, or do they look like "known quantities" as compared to the exciting mystery box of a top 5 pick? 

From a PR standpoint, I think it's easier as a GM to sell a trade that brings back a top 4 pick in the draft because fans are going to be excited about potential. 

Pelicans fans might look at Tatum and Brown and just see two young players who have done some exciting things but are not a sure thing to ever make an All-Star team.  Of course, a top 4 pick has a lower likelihood of turning into one player that even has the potential of making an All-Star team.

Fans can rationalize the trade that brings back the top 4 pick because at least there's a "chance" of that pick turning into a superstar.  A trade for two B / B+ young wings probably feels like the "safe bet."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2019, 12:01:02 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
none of this matters, kyrie's walking.

I don't think he walks from what is essentially a brand new team with AD. If he wants a different situation, that is also a really good one, it would be right in front of him in Boston.

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Knicks' Dallas picks are 2021 unprotected, and 2023 etc. top ten protected that conveys after a few years to a 2nd round pick.   Seems the Memphis pick has more value than the Dallas picks, since there is a good shot it conveys next year, and Memphis likely to be worse than Dallas over the next couple of years (Luka factor, cap space of Dallas, etc.)

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2019, 12:08:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

this may be the key. while boston's offer could be better, are the celtics better off giving up BOTH brown and tatum? i dont think so.

but more to the point, if another team goes completely in and moves a huge number of assets into the trade, it maybe stupid, but it would win. the celtics should not compete against a ridiculous offer from another team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:19 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Are the lakers assets really that valuable?  Ball on your team will include the headache that is his father who already spoke up and let it be known that he would not remain quiet if his son gets traded.  Ingram has the blood clot issue. I don't know.  Is he in the clear yet?  The real danger there is that he'll have to be on medication and if so would not be able to play.  I'm not all that high on Kuzma.  Is he much different than Jordan Clarkson?  Don't know much about Hart.

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:36 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Yeah the trade proposals are crazy. Still, if we land AD while keeping Smart and one of Tatum or Brown, that’d be an epic coup.

As it stands, we may have to give up all three of Smart, Tatum and Brown, to get it done.
The media + the Lakers have created the expectation that to get Davis every team has to give up all their assets.

That's not what you get for rentals in the modern NBA. I am skeptical its all that different now.

Exactly! So many here are so eager to go all in. When the dust settles (because I do believe that AD is gone this summer), we’ll see him traded for less than what people on this board are proposing.

If we don’t land him, I fully expect threads crying out “why didn’t Ainge offer Tatum, Smart and brown??”
- LilRip

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2019, 12:12:39 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I still believe the deal is.

Tatum, Williams, Yabusele, Semi, Sac Pick, Memphis Pick, Boston 2019 Second, Boston 2020 first.

That adds up to
7.83 - Tatum
3.11 - Yabuselle
1.61 - Semi
1.94 - Williams
2.89 - Sac Pick
2.16 - LAC Pick
3.46 - Cash sent
23 Million outgoing Salary

27,093,018 - Davis Salary

Trade meets CBA rules.

NOP gets

Tatum - potential superstar and a GREAT pairing for Zion and Jrue. they add a young defensive Center with crazy athleticism and motor. (Lob city part 2)
Add a couple young cheap bench players
Add an unprotected pick to their own picks moving forwards.
Add in pick 14 from this draft.
Add in pick 20 in this draft

they go into next season (assuming no other re-signings  or other signings and picks based on Tankathon mock draft)

Jrue/Jackson
Porter Jr/Moore
Tatum/Hill
Zion Williamson/Wood
Fernando/Okafor

They can always look to resign Randle as well (as they should) as Peyton and Johnson.

Team is very young with loads of talent/potential

I don't think that trade works. You'd have to sign those players to contracts in order to trade them. At that point you are not trading picks. Also, don't know about the cash.

I think Smart has to be included for a deal to work at all (unfortunately).

30 days after picks are made and signed at 120% they can be traded.

The cash is allowed up to (this past season at least) 5.3 million per season, per team that can be traded to make trades "balance" or as an asset.

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

The thing is, I know why we as Celtics fans feel that the Celtics have the best offer.  We look at Tatum and Brown and we see them as potential future stars. 

Does a GM of another NBA team see them that way, or do they look like "known quantities" as compared to the exciting mystery box of a top 5 pick? 

From a PR standpoint, I think it's easier as a GM to sell a trade that brings back a top 4 pick in the draft because fans are going to be excited about potential. 

Pelicans fans might look at Tatum and Brown and just see two young players who have done some exciting things but are not a sure thing to ever make an All-Star team.  Of course, a top 4 pick has a lower likelihood of turning into one player that even has the potential of making an All-Star team.

Fans can rationalize the trade that brings back the top 4 pick because at least there's a "chance" of that pick turning into a superstar.  A trade for two B / B+ young wings probably feels like the "safe bet."

I believe that Tatum is viewed very highly around the league, as having gone toe to toe with Lebron last season.

He is certainly viewed higher than the number 4 pick in this draft.

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2019, 12:16:26 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
none of this matters, kyrie's walking.

I don't think he walks from what is essentially a brand new team with AD. If he wants a different situation, that is also a really good one, it would be right in front of him in Boston.

Not to mention Boston will have the far superior supporting cast still.