Cavs
5 (8.5%)
Sixers
13 (22%)
Other
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 31, 2018, 02:29:32 AM

Author Topic: Poll: Where Does LeBron James go this Off-season?  (Read 5376 times)

Re: Poll: Where Does LeBron James go this Off-season?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Stephen A. Smith on First Take yesterday said that really, as long as Lebron doesn't sign with Boston or Golden State this off season, then his legacy is basically intact wherever he signs.

I disagree.

If he goes to Philadelphia to team up with Simmons, Embiid (maybe Kawhi, too), I think most will look at it as him quitting on a team (again) and joining another super team. Same with Houston, although I don't think Houston is as likely as most people think due to the cap. One, do you really think Morey is paying a big luxury tax for years to come? Remember, HOU still has to pay CP3 AND Capela this summer. Will be difficult.

I like the idea of Lebron in San Antonio. Although they have cap issues to deal with too, but maybe a sign and trade involving Aldridge and some salary + picks to CLE gets Lebron to San Antonio?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Lebron may consider there only if Kawhi stays.

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 09:40:50 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron may consider there only if Kawhi stays.

It's something I think the Spurs could sell Kawhi on though.

I mean, in that case I'd find it hard to leave if I'm Kawhi. A chance to play and contend for championships alongside Popovich and Lebron, all while getting a $219M super-max extension?

And if they find a way to keep Aldridge, even better! Though I imagine Aldridge is dealt in a sign-and-trade, OR flipped to another team looking to contend for multiple assets.

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 11:29:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
even if Lebron beats the celtics , next year on Cavs they will,get worse .   8th pick only buys you so much star talent
Staying with the Cavs would only be a friendly jester.   

If he leaves , the quickest way to fianls would be Rockets , they play IsO ball anyway

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 11:50:44 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
Outside the box possibilities - Utah or New Orleans.

But my vote is Knicks.

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Outside the box possibilities - Utah or New Orleans.

But my vote is Knicks.
Can you imagine LeBron and Rondo together ;D what a clash
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Raptors

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 10:58:56 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I picked the Knicks for no good reason other than being a winner here would create a new level of status for him. Porzingus, Noah's corpse, a couple younger wings and bigs .... and marketing opportunities galore. Just getting the Knicks back to the playoffs would create noise.

I like Indiana's cap situation though. PG or someone else could go there and move them up a notch. Good team.

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 11:38:39 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
It’s hard to tell. I’d put the Rockets and Sixers as most likely. Rockets as they are a ready made contender with his good friend Paul in house. Sixers have easiest path to acquire him, and he stays in the East with Celts as only legit contender for a Finals appearance.

Lakers would be the dark horse, but they’d need a series of moves/signings to fall perfectly for them, which seems less likely.

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 11:52:32 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Stephen A. Smith on First Take yesterday said that really, as long as Lebron doesn't sign with Boston or Golden State this off season, then his legacy is basically intact wherever he signs.

I disagree.

If he goes to Philadelphia to team up with Simmons, Embiid (maybe Kawhi, too), I think most will look at it as him quitting on a team (again) and joining another super team. Same with Houston, although I don't think Houston is as likely as most people think due to the cap. One, do you really think Morey is paying a big luxury tax for years to come? Remember, HOU still has to pay CP3 AND Capela this summer. Will be difficult.

I like the idea of Lebron in San Antonio. Although they have cap issues to deal with too, but maybe a sign and trade involving Aldridge and some salary + picks to CLE gets Lebron to San Antonio?
Lebron doesn't care this super team bash, he only cares the ring, those dick riders will take care of the rest

Rocket is a much better fit versus hiding in the east AKA Philly, or Celtics if he wants to beat Durant in that shameless catergory

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
What about back to Miami? I bet Riley could pull it off again.

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14:11 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I disagree.

Lebron doesn't care this super team bash, he only cares the ring, those dick riders will take care of the rest

Rocket is a much better fit versus hiding in the east AKA Philly, or Celtics if he wants to beat Durant in that shameless catergory

Problem is, there's no way we can afford him UNLESS he somehow is willing to play for the MLE (9M). I just don't think it's worth a big sign and trade either that will definitely include current core guys and risers.

What about back to Miami? I bet Riley could pull it off again.

Like in the Hayward FA negotiations last year, I consider Miami the dark horse here as well. It's certainly possible. But Lebron is only joining IF Miami have some plan to acquire another star. That's kind of been the mojo lately (joins Miami, teams with Wade and they add Bosh. Then he returns to CLE, teams with Irving and they add Love).

Who does Miami currently have that entices Lebron? A 36 year old Wade? Olynyk? Whiteside? And what star can they possibly trade for to entice Lebron.

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
I dont view philly as a realistic landing spot. Lebrons teams are all about him pounding the ball into the ground and creating for others/scoring with a bunch of 3 point shooters around.

Simmons cant shoot at all...and as we saw is pretty useless without the ball in his hands...and Embiid is a back to the basket center. They would have to drastically reshape that team to fit lebrons image. Trade simmons for another star, and make Embiid happy with being Chris bosh/Kevin love and sit at the 3 point line.

Houston on the other hand is perfect for him. 2 other stars(and not young/green stars) and TONS of 3 point shooters. And you add Lebron to Houston and that just might close the gap with golden state in the west.