Author Topic: 2013 PAPTBG Playoffs  (Read 65797 times)

Re: 2013 PAPTBG Playoffs
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 08:35:49 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'll go with Yunel Escobar.  .304 BA in 29 plate appearances vs Lester.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I was hoping to be able to pick American League...Rays are my team.  I even stayed up to watch both wild card games.  I will be watching to see how you do, Rondo2287.  Go Rays!   ;)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I was hoping to be able to pick American League...Rays are my team.  I even stayed up to watch both wild card games.  I will be watching to see how you do, Rondo2287.  Go Rays!   ;)

Ha its gonna be tough, rooting for the sox to win but the rays to get some hits :P
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
My lady of the boots may never forgive me....

Big Papi loves hitting against the lefty Moore.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I was (and still am) a fan of the Red Sox.  I even personally knew a couple of them in the late 60's.  My most prized possession is of my dad playing golf with Yaz.

Tropicana Stadium was built before I moved to Florida, with no team to play in it.  They played basketball (college tournament) and tennis (Davis Cup) there and finally landed a baseball team.  It has been an interesting journey watching the new team go from the bottom to the top, and their scrappy play with no really big names, except those made right here, has really been fun. The rest of the league has sometimes used the Rays like a farm team...let the guy develop, then hire him away.  We are a small time team with little money or support who somehow find a way to win.

My husband is still a HUGE Red Sox fan...thank goodness we have two TVs! 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
I was (and still am) a fan of the Red Sox.  I even personally knew a couple of them in the late 60's.  My most prized possession is of my dad playing golf with Yaz.

Tropicana Stadium was built before I moved to Florida, with no team to play in it.  They played basketball (college tournament) and tennis (Davis Cup) there and finally landed a baseball team.  It has been an interesting journey watching the new team go from the bottom to the top, and their scrappy play with no really big names, except those made right here, has really been fun. The rest of the league has sometimes used the Rays like a farm team...let the guy develop, then hire him away.  We are a small time team with little money or support who somehow find a way to win.

You won't need two TV's to watch the Red Sox win their next series :)

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I was (and still am) a fan of the Red Sox.  I even personally knew a couple of them in the late 60's.  My most prized possession is a picture of my dad playing golf with Yaz.

I will if I don't want to listen to his version of play-by-play and analysis!  (I love him, but really!)  ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:59:25 PM by thirstyboots18 »
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 03:10:26 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
I was (and still am) a fan of the Red Sox.  I even personally knew a couple of them in the late 60's.  My most prized possession is a picture of my dad playing golf with Yaz.

I will if I don't want to listen to his version of play-by-play and analysis!  (I love him, but really!)  ;)
Hahaha!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:00:27 PM by thirstyboots18 »

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Bahku, my friend, I didn't even realize that our first game is tonight!  Good luck.  I am really happy that you are my opponent and won't even be upset if you beat me...well, maybe just a little upset... ;)

This is the most fun time of the baseball year.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Bahku, my friend, I didn't even realize that our first game is tonight!  Good luck.  I am really happy that you are my opponent and won't even be upset if you beat me...well, maybe just a little upset... ;)

This is the most fun time of the baseball year.
I feel the same way, TB ... it's like I win either way, cuz I'm not competitive at all anyway, (lol - I know you know better - wanna buy a bridge that I own in London?). ;)

But seriously, this format is just so much fun, and I honestly don't understand why folks pass on it, cuz it's way better than the daily game, IMHO ... so many twists and turns, and you gotta guess when your biggest bats are gonna have their best night out of five, and that's tough.

You know me enough, (well, better than many people do, here and otherwise), to know that I wanna win as much as anyone does, but that's the best thing for me, if I don't win, it's still all fun, and still not as big a deal because I enjoy all you guys so much.

Fact is, I don't deserve to win, cuz I've been absent big-time this year, and I feel like it should go to one of the regulars, but if I should squeak through anyway, I'll deal with it, and certainly won't lose any sleep over winning, haha!

Problem with not having been regular is that I don't have anywhere near the same realistic perspective on the stats and hot-hitters and pitchers that I usually do by this point in the season ... I don't like that feeling.

Well, best of luck to all y'all, (especially you, TB, in this series) ... this is one of the few things that makes the approaching snow a bit more bearable, (a win wouldn't hurt either). :)

Funny thing about these Pick-A-Player Playoffs, though, I can NOT watch the game that my team/my pick is involved in ... not sure why, but I've never been able to do that.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

2013 PAPTBG Playoffs

Quarter Finals

_____________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American League

1 - 33-00-32 / BOS     vs     6 - Rondo2287 / TBR

33-00-32 and Rondo2287 are tied 0/0

Game 1 - Fri  10/4  300P

BOS  -  David "Big Papi" Ortiz :

TBR  -  Yunel Escobar :

Game 2 - Sat  10/5  530P

Game 3 - Mon  10/7  TBD

(Game 4 - Tue  10/8  TBD)

(Game 5 - Thu  10/10  TBD)

( MLB - Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays are tied 0/0 )

3 - Redz / DET     vs     4 - GreenFaith1819 / OAK

Redz and GreenFaith1819 are tied 0/0

Game 1 - Fri  10/4  930P

DET  -  Victor Martinez :

OAK  -  Josh Donaldson :

Game 2 - Sat  10/5  900P

Game 3 - Mon  10/7  TBD

(Game 4 - Tue  10/8  TBD)

(Game 5 - Thu  10/10  TBD)

( MLB - Detroit Tigers and Oakland Athletics are tied 0/0 )

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

National League

2 - ThirstyBoots18 / ATL     vs     5 - Bahku / LAD

Bahku leads ThirstyBoots18 1/0, +4 Bases

Game 1 - Thu  10/3  Final

ATL  -  Jason Heyward :  1 Hit / 1 Base  ( Single )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 1  ( 1 Hit / 1 Base / 0 RBIs )

LAD  -  Adrian Gonzalez :  2 Hits / 5 Bases  ( Home Run, Single )  2 RBIs  =  1 / 0  ( 2 Hits / 5 Bases / 2 RBIs )

Game 2 - Fri  10/4  600P

ATL  -  Freddie Freeman :

LAD  -  Hanley Ramirez :

Game 3 - Sun  10/6  TBD

(Game 4 - Mon  10/7  TBD)

(Game 5 - Wed  10/9  TBD)

( MLB - Los Angeles Dodgers lead Atlanta Braves 1/0 )

0 - Whozey / PIT     vs     0 - Whatzey / STL

Whatzey leads Whozey 1/0, +2 Bases

Game 1 - Thu  10/5  Final

PIT  -  Andrew McCutchen :  2 Hits / 2 Bases  ( 2 Singles )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 1  ( 2 Hits / 2 Bases / 2 RBIs )

STL  -  Carlos Beltran :  1 Hit / 4 Bases  ( 1 Home Run )  3 RBIs  =  1 / 0  ( 1 Hit / 4 Bases / 3 RBIs )

Game 2 - Fri  10/4  100P

PIT  -  Pedro Alvarez : 

STL  -  Matt Adams : 

Game 3 - Sun  10/6  TBD

(Game 4 - Mon  10/7  TBD)

(Game 5 - Wed  10/9  TBD)

( MLB - St. Louis Cardinals lead Pittsburgh Pirates 1/0 )

__________________________________________________________________________________________

** Leaders are marked in red, followers are marked in blue, and ties are marked in purple. All picks are due at the time of that game's start, and in case of a tie, the total bases difference decides the winner, if it's still a tie, then the type of hit decides, (HRs beat Triples, Triples beat Doubles, etc.), if still a tie, then RBIs decide. Missed picks, late picks, and DNPs, will result in a zero score, or minus one base if opponent gets a zero. Thanks to everyone for playing/helping this year, we hope to see you again next season, and try to bring someone new with you ... the more the merrier! **

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:53:50 PM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Bahku...you have been unkind!  Oh, well.  It could be worse...I could be down 5 bases instead of 4...

I hope Freddie Freeman has a big chip on his shoulder after his ejection last night.  For game two I pick:

Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
GreenFaith1819 - Josh Donaldson, Oakland A's:

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 10:38:55 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

2013 PAPTBG Playoffs

Quarter Finals

_____________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American League

1 - 33-00-32 / BOS     vs     6 - Rondo2287 / TBR

33-00-32  leads  Rondo2287  1.5 / 0.5 ,  + 2  bases

Game 1 - Fri  10/4  Final

BOS  -  David "Big Papi" Ortiz :  1 Hit / 2 Bases  ( Double )  0 RBIs  =  1 / 0  ( 1 Hit / 2 Bases / 0 RBIs )

TBR  -  Yunel Escobar :  0 Hits / 0 Bases  ( Nada )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 1  ( 0 Hits / 0 Bases / 0 RBIs )

Game 2 - Sat  10/5  Final

BOS  -  Will Middlebrooks :  1 Hit / 1 Base  ( Single )  0 RBIs  =  1.5 / 0.5  ( 2 Hits / 3 Bases / 0 RBIs )

TBR  -  Evan Longoria :  1 Hit / 1 Base  ( Single )  0 RBIs  =  0.5 / 1.5  ( 1 Hit / 1 Base / 0 RBIs )

Game 3 - Mon  10/7  600P

BOS  - 

TBR  - 

(Game 4 - Tue  10/8  830P)

(Game 5 - Thu  10/10  530P)

( MLB - Boston Red Sox lead Tampa Bay Rays 2/0 )

3 - Redz / DET     vs     4 - GreenFaith1819 / OAK

Redz  leads  GreenFaith1819  1 / 1 ,  + 1  base

Game 1 - Fri  10/4  Final

DET  -  Victor Martinez :  2 Hits / 3 Bases  ( Double, Single )  0 RBIs  =  1 / 0  ( 2 Hits / 3 Bases / 0 RBIs )

OAK  -  Josh Donaldson :  0 Hits / 0 Bases  ( Nada )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 1  ( 0 Hits / 0 Bases / 0 RBIs )

Game 2 - Sat  10/5  Final

DET  -  Torii Hunter :  0 Hits / 0 Bases  ( Nada )  0 RBIs  =  1 / 1  ( 2 Hits / 3 Bases / 0 RBIs )

OAK  -  Yoenis Cespedes :  2 Hits / 2 Bases  ( Singles )  0 RBIs  =  1 / 1  ( 2 Hits / 2 Bases / 0 RBIs )

Game 3 - Mon  10/7  100P

DET  - 

OAK  - 

Game 4 - Tue  10/8  500P

(Game 5 - Thu  10/10  900P)

( MLB - Detroit Tigers and Oakland Athletics are tied 1/1 )

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

National League

2 - ThirstyBoots18 / ATL     vs     5 - Bahku / LAD

Bahku  leads  ThirstyBoots18  2 / 0 ,  + 10  bases

Game 1 - Thu  10/3  Final

ATL  -  Jason Heyward :  1 Hit / 1 Base  ( Single )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 1  ( 1 Hit / 1 Base / 0 RBIs )

LAD  -  Adrian Gonzalez :  2 Hits / 5 Bases  ( Home Run, Single )  2 RBIs  =  1 / 0  ( 2 Hits / 5 Bases / 2 RBIs )

Game 2 - Fri  10/4  Final

ATL  -  Freddie Freeman :  1 Hit / 2 Bases  ( Double )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 2  ( 2 Hits / 3 Bases / 0 RBIs )

LAD  -  Hanley Ramirez :  3 Hits / 8 Bases  ( 2 Doubles, Home Run )  3 RBIs  =  2 / 0  ( 5 Hits / 13 Bases / 5 RBIs )

Game 3 - Sun  10/6  800P

ATL  -  Justin Upton :

LAD  -  Yasiel Puig : 

(Game 4 - Mon  10/7  930P)

(Game 5 - Wed  10/9  830P)

( MLB - Los Angeles Dodgers and Atlanta Braves are tied 1/1 )

0 - Whozey / PIT     vs     0 - Whatzey / STL

Whozey  leads  Whatzey  1 / 1 ,  + 1  base

Game 1 - Thu  10/5  Final

PIT  -  Andrew McCutchen :  2 Hits / 2 Bases  ( 2 Singles )  0 RBIs  =  0 / 1  ( 2 Hits / 2 Bases / 2 RBIs )

STL  -  Carlos Beltran :  1 Hit / 4 Bases  ( 1 Home Run )  3 RBIs  =  1 / 0  ( 1 Hit / 4 Bases / 3 RBIs )

Game 2 - Fri  10/4  Final

PIT  -  Pedro Alvarez :  2 Hits / 6 Bases  ( Double, Home Run )  2 RBIs  =  1 / 1  ( 4 Hits / 8 Bases / 2 RBIs )

STL  -  Matt Adams :  2 Hits / 3 Bases  ( Double, Single )  0 RBIs  =  1 / 1  ( 3 Hits / 7 Bases / 3 RBIs )

Game 3 - Sun  10/6  430P

PIT  -  Justin Morneau :

STL  -  Matt Holliday :

(Game 4 - Mon  10/7  300P)

(Game 5 - Wed  10/9  500P)

( MLB - St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates are tied 1/1 )

__________________________________________________________________________________________

** Leaders are marked in red, followers are marked in blue, and ties are marked in purple. All picks are due at the time of that game's start, and in case of a tie, the total bases difference decides the winner, if it's still a tie, then the type of hit decides, (HRs beat Triples, Triples beat Doubles, etc.), if still a tie, then RBIs decide. Missed picks, late picks, and DNPs, will result in a zero score, or minus one base if opponent gets a zero. Thanks to everyone for playing/helping this year, we hope to see you again next season, and try to bring someone new with you ... the more the merrier! **

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:45:32 AM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I'll take Evan longoria in tomorrow's game