Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft: Team of the Future Discussion  (Read 9219 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft: Team of the Future Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Torn between Golden State and Indiana. Have absolutely no idea which way SO is thinking.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Torn between Golden State and Indiana. Have absolutely no idea which way SO is thinking.

Where's the communication? Where's the love?

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Boston Celtics

PG: Russell Westbrook, DJ Augustin, Shaun Livingston
SG: Gerald Green, Rip Hamilton
SF: Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson
PF: Blake Griffin, Thomas Robinson
C:  Marc Gasol, Aaron Gray, Semih Erden

I wonder if Boston is getting enough credit / exposure for TotF.

Obviously, they have an older supporting cast that will need to be replaced with some younger role players over the next few years but ...

In Blake Griffin (23 years old) and Russell Westbrook (23 years old), the Celtics will arguably have two of the top ten players in the NBA on their team for the best part of the next 10 years.

Throw in Marc Gasol as a top five center and third option who is only 27 and has another 5+ years ahead of him. That is an immensely talented core.

Then they have Thomas Robinson as well who could be a Paul Millsap like player off the bench behind Blake Griffin and Marc Gasol to form an incredibly effective three player big man rotation.

Ha wow I never even considered myself in this one.

DJ Augustine, Terrance Ross, and Gerald Green are all pretty young too. So is Semih Erden.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Boston Celtics

PG: Russell Westbrook, DJ Augustin, Shaun Livingston
SG: Gerald Green, Rip Hamilton
SF: Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson
PF: Blake Griffin, Thomas Robinson
C:  Marc Gasol, Aaron Gray, Semih Erden

I wonder if Boston is getting enough credit / exposure for TotF.

Obviously, they have an older supporting cast that will need to be replaced with some younger role players over the next few years but ...

In Blake Griffin (23 years old) and Russell Westbrook (23 years old), the Celtics will arguably have two of the top ten players in the NBA on their team for the best part of the next 10 years.

Throw in Marc Gasol as a top five center and third option who is only 27 and has another 5+ years ahead of him. That is an immensely talented core.

Then they have Thomas Robinson as well who could be a Paul Millsap like player off the bench behind Blake Griffin and Marc Gasol to form an incredibly effective three player big man rotation.

Ha wow I never even considered myself in this one.

DJ Augustine, Terrance Ross, and Gerald Green are all pretty young too. So is Semih Erden.

Either had I actually until I was looking to see if any additional teams should be added to the nominees list ... never saw Boston mentioned for TotF before ... and then I was scanning through the list of rosters and suddenly noticed Boston, hey you know what, that is pretty darn good candidate for Team of the Future.

Russell Westbrook and Blake Griffin is a phenomenal 1-2 punch long term and Marc Gasol is a very good third option for them. Excellent foundation for team of the future. Thomas Robinson as a sixth man.

And now I see you have Terrence Ross as well. Even better.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

He will be the Celtic's Wing of the Future.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Today we are all Lakers! ;D

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
So I am down to four teams -- Lakers, Nets, Celtics and Warriors.

The Spurs were next in line. Then probably Indiana and then Houston and Oklahoma in some order.

I found the Rockets difficult to judge because of so many rookie players. Too many unknowns. I leaned towards teams that had young players who had already established themselves in the league either in terms of current ability (Russell Westbrook and Blake Griffin) or in terms of potential (DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall). I felt they were more dependable.

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I'm leaning towards the Warriors strongly here.

Anthony Davis is going to be a superstar within 2 years. 

Combine him with Bismack Biyombo and you might be talking the best frontcourt defense in the NBA within that 2 to 3 year timeframe.  He's still 19!

Teletovic is already 26, but if his offense is as good as advertised the Warriors have something there as well.

Then you've got Klay Thompson who I think might be one of the more underrated young'ns in the league. Didn't he average around 18 a game the last month or two of the season? A deadly shooter at 22.

Just as big as all that is the leadership provided by Igoudala and Ginobili.  Great locker room guys, great effort guys.  I just see this being an excellent and smooth youth movement for what is already a really good team.

Yeah, the Warriors have a great nucleus there.

An MVP caliber talent in Anthony Davis. A 20ppg sweet shooting two guard in Klay Thompson. The elite non-scoring contributions on Andre Iguodala. Then the defensive potential of Biyombo (which alongside Anthony Davis gives them a frightening defensive combo in the making - although, Biyombo still has a fair bit of uncertainty to him). A couple of good young-ish veteran role players.

I can't help but feel the draft pick of Ginobili hurts them here. I think if they'd gone with someone younger (say 27 or younger), the Warriors would've been a shoo-in for Team of the Future. Sort of like how choosing Anthony Davis instead of a top twenty player in the first round was the difference between them being a borderline playoff team and a title contender. That middle ground. With Manu and A.Davis. I think that might hurt them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:06:17 PM by Who »

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I now people are going to pass over the Boxers as Team of the Future because they want proof of what players can be. Simply put though, the Boxers have the highest upside of any team in the entire CB Draft

These are what some of the players from my team could be playing like in a few years when they reach their prime:

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist --->  Scottie Pippen
Harrison Barnes ---> Glen Rice
Serge Ibaka ---> Kevin Willis
Kenneth Faried ---> Anthony Mason
Jonas Valunciunas ---> Vlade Divac
Donatas Montiejunas ---> Dirk Nowitzki
Austin Rivers ---> Brandon Roy
Jeremy Lin ---> Baron Davis
John Henson ---> Marcus Camby

Now imagine if they do all reach those peaks? The Boxers are the runaway winners of Team of the Future. If only half those guys reach those peaks and the other half just become okay players, its still the team to beat in the Team of the Future voting.

There is a reason why this year's draft was considered one of the best since the 2003 draft and most of those reasons will be playing for the Boxers in the years to come.

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This might not be pertinent here but look at what Paul George did (watch the whole video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49CJyLShP8M&feature=g-logo-xit
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
This might not be pertinent here but look at what Paul George did (watch the whole video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49CJyLShP8M&feature=g-logo-xit

filthy mcnasty!!!