Author Topic: Rondo/Paul/Ingram - HOU/LAL Brawl - (All 3 suspended w/out pay)  (Read 14219 times)

Re: Rondo FIST FIGHTS CP3 after Ingram pushes harden & presses the ref
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Ingram 4 games, Rondo 3 games, Paul 2 games.  All without pay.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Rondo/Paul/Ingram - HOU/LAL Brawl - (All 3 suspended w/out pay)
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
sooo if you have good character there's no chance you can be lying and even if you are there's no point in proving otherwise. I swear there was a time when there was some sort of justice out there... maybe I was just too young and it just seemed that way.

and apparently you only get 2 games even if you landed more punches than anyone else in the altercation.

either way some of you could have the definitions of justice and law right in front of you and if asked to read it back to an audience I guarantee you wouldn't be able to do it.

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2018, 08:32:38 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Seems a bit soft to me.  I was thinking Paul and Rondo would get 5 games at least.  Ingram deserves to get 10
Greg

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Seems a bit soft to me.  I was thinking Paul and Rondo would get 5 games at least.  Ingram deserves to get 10
And hurt the records of LeBron & Harden even more? No way! NBA wouldn’t like that...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
the fact that we can actually argue whether a spit is a spit is why attorneys make a lot of money in our country.

There is a VIDEO and supposedly reasonable people still CANNOT agree.

AMAZING!!!!

No wonder we had OJ debacle.

Kavanaugh hearings, and now

the Saudi's are trying to make idiots of the entire world.

it's so hard because someone with decent tech skills AND an AGENDA "CAN" doctor videos.

It's the times we live in.

Yeah but also can’t people with some decent googling skills and elementary level research ability also verify a good source vs a bad one?

If you are meaning the video that Rachel Nichols owns - from the ESPN article - then while I'd consider Rachel Nichols to be an excellent source and trusted where did SHE get the video from?

Was she at the game? Did she produce it?

That video from Rachel is the same one that is listed on Page 2 or 3 of this thread - from ANOTHER source..

From Poster "TA9" on page 3 and on that twitter account it is from a "Tom y"...

Was "Tom y" at the game? Did HE produce the twitter clip? Where did HE get it from?

Let's assume for whatever reason that the "spit" was added electronically.  Why is CP3 wiping his face like that?

Because - as we ALL know here and have commented PLENTY of times - Chris Paul - while being a GREAT player and a future HOFer - is ALSO a great actor..

And to add further - From Woj account - the belief that Rajon Rondo was wearing a MOUTH PIECE needs to be taken into account as well.

Look - ONE THING I've learned from Pres. Donald Trump himself - you can't trust ALL aspects of the media. I'm certainly NOT as anti-media as HE is but if someone wants to frame you and smear you it is easy to do nowadays.

you sure have a lot of explanation for everything..... suspension of disbelief.

I wouldn't call it that.

To be honest - I'd call it Trust but Verify. Consider ALL sources.

I didn't create the society we live in nowadays I just live in it.

Trust Chris Paul when he says he was spit on.

Verify it with crystal clear video.

Tell that to Lakers Coach Luke Walton.

When asked Sunday if Rondo spit on Paul, Lakers head coach Luke Walton said, "No."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25043399/nba-looking-video-showing-rajon-rondo-spitting-chris-paul

Like I said before I'll go with whatever the NBA decides to do but I am certainly NOT going to pass judgement until then.

Innocent until proven guilty - right?

Proven by who? There’s no jury.

The video proves it for all but hardened conspiracy theorists, Rondo sycophants, and Laker fans.
no, no roy!!! you have not considered the possibility that maybe celticsstrong has been invaded by russian bots!!!! they're everywhere!!!

the russian bots know how loyal and patriotic and loving-of-all-things-america-[dang it] we all are here, and so they wish to sow dischord and disinformation among us by planting false videos!!!

sigh, is there nothing and no place sacred or safe anymore??  :-[
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2018, 08:51:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
the fact that we can actually argue whether a spit is a spit is why attorneys make a lot of money in our country.

There is a VIDEO and supposedly reasonable people still CANNOT agree.

AMAZING!!!!

No wonder we had OJ debacle.

Kavanaugh hearings, and now

the Saudi's are trying to make idiots of the entire world.

it's so hard because someone with decent tech skills AND an AGENDA "CAN" doctor videos.

It's the times we live in.

Yeah but also can’t people with some decent googling skills and elementary level research ability also verify a good source vs a bad one?

If you are meaning the video that Rachel Nichols owns - from the ESPN article - then while I'd consider Rachel Nichols to be an excellent source and trusted where did SHE get the video from?

Was she at the game? Did she produce it?

That video from Rachel is the same one that is listed on Page 2 or 3 of this thread - from ANOTHER source..

From Poster "TA9" on page 3 and on that twitter account it is from a "Tom y"...

Was "Tom y" at the game? Did HE produce the twitter clip? Where did HE get it from?

Let's assume for whatever reason that the "spit" was added electronically.  Why is CP3 wiping his face like that?

Because - as we ALL know here and have commented PLENTY of times - Chris Paul - while being a GREAT player and a future HOFer - is ALSO a great actor..

And to add further - From Woj account - the belief that Rajon Rondo was wearing a MOUTH PIECE needs to be taken into account as well.

Look - ONE THING I've learned from Pres. Donald Trump himself - you can't trust ALL aspects of the media. I'm certainly NOT as anti-media as HE is but if someone wants to frame you and smear you it is easy to do nowadays.

you sure have a lot of explanation for everything..... suspension of disbelief.

I wouldn't call it that.

To be honest - I'd call it Trust but Verify. Consider ALL sources.

I didn't create the society we live in nowadays I just live in it.

Trust Chris Paul when he says he was spit on.

Verify it with crystal clear video.

Tell that to Lakers Coach Luke Walton.

When asked Sunday if Rondo spit on Paul, Lakers head coach Luke Walton said, "No."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25043399/nba-looking-video-showing-rajon-rondo-spitting-chris-paul

Like I said before I'll go with whatever the NBA decides to do but I am certainly NOT going to pass judgement until then.

Innocent until proven guilty - right?

Proven by who? There’s no jury.

The video proves it for all but hardened conspiracy theorists, Rondo sycophants, and Laker fans.
no, no roy!!! you have not considered the possibility that maybe celticsstrong has been invaded by russian bots!!!! they're everywhere!!!

the russian bots know how loyal and patriotic and loving-of-all-things-america-[dang it] we all are here, and so they wish to sow dischord and disinformation among us by planting false videos!!!

sigh, is there nothing and no place sacred or safe anymore??  :-[

And just the fact that you seem to be making fun of Russia's involvement in our election process shows where YOU stand.

I understand that this blog (even NOW) is a place of some cliques and groups but I will always think critically.

It has gotten me THIS far and life and I see no reason to change.

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think the suspensions for Rondo/Paul are about in line with past precedent and probably fair.  Regardless of whether or not Rondo 'spit' on Paul intentionally or not, the video doesn't lie, saliva left Rondo's mouth and hit Paul in the face.  That said, poking someone in the eye is far more dangerous than spitting in someone's face. But being the one that escalated the situation, I suppose Rondo deserved the extra game, even if Paul's 'eye-poke' was easily worse than anything Rondo did.

I do think Ingram got off light, though.  That running sucker punch was totally unacceptable.

All of that said, though, one of these days Chris Paul is going to get his comeuppance.  This is the same guy that orchestrated the backdoor 'break in' into the Clippers lockeroom last year. Try poking me in the eye and you're not going to get that finger back attached to your hand.  Chris Paul is a piece of fecal matter.

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2018, 09:40:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Bron is going to have to step up to make up for Rondos assists and BI s points.   

Bron is mad he hates having to play hard and expend energy . 

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2018, 10:29:51 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

It's comical watching him not play defense.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2018, 10:57:06 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

I think the suspensions for Rondo/Paul are about in line with past precedent and probably fair.  Regardless of whether or not Rondo 'spit' on Paul intentionally or not, the video doesn't lie, saliva left Rondo's mouth and hit Paul in the face.  That said, poking someone in the eye is far more dangerous than spitting in someone's face. But being the one that escalated the situation, I suppose Rondo deserved the extra game, even if Paul's 'eye-poke' was easily worse than anything Rondo did.

I do think Ingram got off light, though.  That running sucker punch was totally unacceptable.

All of that said, though, one of these days Chris Paul is going to get his comeuppance.  This is the same guy that orchestrated the backdoor 'break in' into the Clippers lockeroom last year. Try poking me in the eye and you're not going to get that finger back attached to your hand.  Chris Paul is a piece of fecal matter.

I think Ingram should have gotten a few more games.  He was completely out of the fight and then ran back in firing off punches.

I think Rondo and CP3's suspensions should be equal.  Trying to poke someones eye out is worse than spitting, and the spitting itself seems kinda iffy.   I know there is the video where you can see moisture, but cmon.  But Rondo has a bad rep and CP3 is the poster boy so no matter what actually happened Rondo was going to take a bigger hit.   

I personally agree with your last statement about CP 100%.

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2018, 11:06:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think he’s actually lazier on defence than Harden now. Crazy how the media doesn’t call it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Its amazing to see him standing around watching the game .  He really is a slacker .  He ll watch about three plays , ulless the ball comes near him ......save up his energy and then Bully ball a layup down the paint.   Like a halfback resting up a couple downs .  He should be playing twice as hard as everybody else for the amou t of money he makes. He plays when its convenient to do so....or an important play that only his divaness can do, ::)

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2018, 04:01:12 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm very skeptical of the video showing Rondo spit. Has anyone tried spitting with a mouth guard on? It is quite difficult to do in the way its shown in the video.

But OK, let's go with it. Let's say he meant it. Has anyone here been spat on before? I've got to be honest, my first reaction wouldn't be to poke someone in the eye, that's a real childish reaction. It's also not a good look for the President of the Players Association.

Ingram coming over the top like that is way out of line, that should have been punished far more severely. The most dangerous punches are the ones you don't see coming. And he had a massive run up.

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I think he’s actually lazier on defence than Harden now. Crazy how the media doesn’t call it

media is control by the dollar , reporters tow the corporate line or get fired,   you don't kick the money cow.   

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2018, 07:25:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I hope these two teams play eachother in the playoffs...cant say I like anyone on either team.