Author Topic: 2018 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 87496 times)

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #930 on: June 22, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I don't know the rules about 2way contracts but don't we already have our two that carry over from last season? Unless we are getting rid or signing one then I don't think we can add any more. Our roster is definitely full already, I really don't see us moving anyone to sign the 2ways we have now. IIRC, if we bring everyone back, our roster is full without our rookie already. There is no doubt in my mind that Monroe isn't out, so right now Rook is 15. Maybe we let go of Larkin but even then I think we will promote bird or sign a vet. That is the only way we can add another player or 2way if everyone (baynes and smart) returns.

Nader is a likely goner too.

I'm thinking...

Subtractions
Monroe
Nader
Larkin

Additions
Williams
Last 2 spots will go to either MLE guy, Wanmaker (if signed), Eddie, etc.

« Reply #931 on: June 22, 2018, 09:45:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't know the rules about 2way contracts but don't we already have our two that carry over from last season? Unless we are getting rid or signing one then I don't think we can add any more. Our roster is definitely full already, I really don't see us moving anyone to sign the 2ways we have now. IIRC, if we bring everyone back, our roster is full without our rookie already. There is no doubt in my mind that Monroe isn't out, so right now Rook is 15. Maybe we let go of Larkin but even then I think we will promote bird or sign a vet. That is the only way we can add another player or 2way if everyone (baynes and smart) returns.

We just have one that carries over — Allen.  Bird only signed a 1-year deal and is a restricted free agent who will almost certainly be back, but in Boston instead of Maine.

« Reply #932 on: June 22, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Nader is a likely goner too.

I'm thinking...

Subtractions
Monroe
Nader
Larkin

Additions
Williams
Last 2 spots will go to either MLE guy, Wanmaker (if signed), Eddie, etc.
Nader is under contract, so I don't think he's going anywhere.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #933 on: June 22, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

We just have one that carries over — Allen.  Bird only signed a 1-year deal and is a restricted free agent who will almost certainly be back, but in Boston instead of Maine.

Thank you. so we have one 2way spot? can the spot go to that guy we signed as the 16th player? I wonder who we will use the spot on.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #934 on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Thank you. so we have one 2way spot? can the spot go to that guy we signed as the 16th player? I wonder who we will use the spot on.

It will probably go to someone after summer league is over.

« Reply #935 on: June 22, 2018, 10:45:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

It will probably go to someone after summer league is over.

I was thinking about and I hope we sign a vet backup to JB. We don't have a SG to back him up and no, smart isn't that guy. I don't know who but we should find a shooter. It would be nice if JJ Reddick was ready to win and accept a bench role. We need someone like that, someone who can just shoot (of course they probably wont be JJ level shooter but of that cloth).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #936 on: June 23, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Like the Tony Carr pick. He gave Ohio State absolute fits.
I like that pick too. The Pelicans need help at that spot and he gets to battle Frank Jackson who did nothing for them last year, but I'm not sure he's fast enough for pg, but he's not really a fast type player.  But that's a problem on defense

« Reply #937 on: February 27, 2019, 08:48:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
RJ Barrett scored or assisted on 48 of Duke's 75 points versus Syracuse. Almost 2/3rds of Duke's points.

« Reply #938 on: February 27, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
RJ Barrett scored or assisted on 48 of Duke's 75 points versus Syracuse. Almost 2/3rds of Duke's points.
Wrong thread, brother Who.

« Reply #939 on: February 27, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wrong thread, brother Who.
Oh yeah, haha, wrong year. Thanks.

« Reply #940 on: March 28, 2019, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
I really like this Rui Hachimura kid.

oops...

make your picks based off early mocks
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
No trades just player you would pick and your second option.

Tankathon

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

#14 N Little ( Alexander-Walker)

#20 K Okpala (L King)

#22 L King (Cam Johson)

this would be a wing heavy draft but a major talent haul. Would create major roster issues

NBADRAFT.NET

#14 Doumbouya ( Okpala)

#20 Clarke (Bitadze)

#22 L King (Thybulle

goal would be to draft and stash Doumbouya, another heavy wing group but with the draft and stash of Doumbouya and the game readiness of Clarke this would be a great outcome.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:53:45 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: make your picks based off early mocks
« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2019, 03:58:26 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
If team is losing tatum and smart then little is a must.