Author Topic: CLE/ORL 2nd Round  (Read 4292 times)

Re: CLE/ORL 2nd Round
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Well, two years ago, the only reason the Cavs series went 7 was 'cause one, we stunk on the road and two, Ray missed all series long.

This time around, however, the road vs home isn't as significant and I believe Ray Ray will be dropping 30, night after night, against the Cavs. And I don't think the Cavs will be able to make the adjustments, because it would open up too many other options for the Celtics to score big.

The problem here is Jamison and if the Celts don't find a way of dealing with him, it can be over in 6. Otherwise, the Cavs aren't a scary playoff team.

Why aren't the Cavs scary?  Because Boston eeked out a win against them on Sunday?  How do the Celtics handle Varejao?  He didn't play Sunday, but he will in the playoffs.  How do they handle Lebron since he scored at will in the 4th when he kicked it into high gear.  The Cavs ran the pick and roll with ease in the 4th quarter on Sunday, and also in their comeback in Boston the time before.  Their small lineup with Varejao gives Boston fits.  They are one of the top defensive teams in the league, one crummy 3 quarter performance doesnt get rid of that.  You may be overlooking the Cavs just a bit.

As for who the Celtics would rather play, I think either team is going to be a huge challenge.  And, concerning an earlier post in this thread as well, the Cavs are not scared of the Magic.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
So now, instead of being bad on the road, we are a poor home team.  I would rather see Orlando in the second round knowing that the refs are going to give LeBron the whistle every time he puts the ball on the floor, so that means we lose Pierce for the chunk of a potential Cleveland series.

These older guys better be amped to run the floor with Rondo, because if he is anything like last year in the postseason, we will need scorers alongside him.

One other thing - Do NOT assume we get by ANYBODY in the first round, ESPECIALLY in less than 7 games.  We have a major tendency to make series too interesting.

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 11:59:45 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I'll be surprised if we make it to the second round.  Dead serious.