Author Topic: CLE/ORL 2nd Round  (Read 4293 times)

CLE/ORL 2nd Round
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »

Offline RedVision

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Just wondering everyone's opinions on the matchups...Personally I dont care, one way or another likely we play CLE just a matter of the 2nd round or Conf Finals...with that being said. I think im leaning towards meeting CLE in the 2nd round..They simply do not scare me as much as a playoff team as Orlando. I think Orlando def has better coaching and causes perhaps more matchup problems...Thoughts?

(Oh yeah and I just heard Joe Johnson is supp to miss the next few games bc of an injury (finger i believe)

Re: CLE/ORL 2nd Round
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
I would rather see the cavs in the second round. I see them as the only one's that can stop us in the east. If we beat them I don't see us losing the rest of the way. I'm not worried about orl or atl at all. We should be able to beat both those teams in 6.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »

Offline Celts17Pride

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
If the Celtics are to win the championship they are probably going to have to beat both Cleveland and Orlando so it really doesn't matter when they play them IMO.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'm not as worried about Orlando, but maybe I should be. I just can't get it out of my head that we took them to 7 without the Big Ticket. Hedo/Vince seem to have the same production and Jameer doesn't really instill fear in me on either end of the court.

Cleveland is just nasty. I do wonder if we'd prefer to play them earlier in the playoffs with fresher legs. For instance: if we swept or only played 5 games vs. Milwaukee or Miami,there would be a pretty good rest/feeling of confidence after that. Cleveland would most likely have the same result, though. Whereas if we saw them in the ECF's, it would likely be after a brutal 6 or 7 gamer with Orlando.

I love pondering the potential matchups.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Im not worried about Orlando
I am worried about Cleveland

Cleveland IS worried about Orlando

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:59:31 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I would rather have Cleveland, we always play poor against the Magic.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:05:03 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If somehow we manage to get through one, we'll have to face the other.  So does it really matter?  They're both very good teams that are extremely difficult to match up with.  The Celtics have shown an ability off and on to beat both teams, but have also shown an ability to surrender massive leads to both teams.  I think it's pretty much the same either way.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 03:09:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Im not worried about Orlando
I am worried about Cleveland

Cleveland IS worried about Orlando

This is a good point - Cleveland will have a higher chance of looking ahead if we're playing them in the semis with Orlando in the other semi.  Also our guys will be less rundown by that point, which could help with a physical series like a matchup with Cleveland would probably be. 

I'd still rather take our chances with the 3 seed though...I'm really not that worried about beating Orlando.

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Apsolutly Magic. But i believe Charlotte can surprise Orlando. I think SJax & Wallace can shut down Vince & Lewis. If somehow Ratliff, Chandler, Mohammed and TThomas can control Howard Magic is in deep trouble.
I just hope we finish 3rd and Bucks 6th. Without Bogut we can sweep them and be fresh for second round...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
I'd rather see the Cavs in the second round when the C's are more fresh. The C's are gonna have to beat both the Cavs and Magic to make the Finals anyways.

Cavs/Celtics would be very good series IMO. I think it would go 7 games.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
This is easy, Perk plays excellent D on Howard and so we need the Magic in the second over the Cavs. It was pretty evident on Sunday that we can't guard Lebron and since he is the best player in the game and we have a trouble guarding him we are better off playing the Magic in the first round. Sure, there are other players on the Magic but none near as threatening as Lebron.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
It doesn't make much of a difference.

Boston will have to beat both teams to make it back to the Finals.

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It doesn't make much of a difference.

Boston will have to beat both teams to make it back to the Finals.
I think it'd be better to play whomever we match up best with first. Better to get on a roll and gain confidence.

I'm not sure which of the two teams we do match up better with....

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 04:22:29 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'd rather us play Cleveland. If Cleveland knocks us out, i want Orlando still standing, so that they can take Cleveland out. That's how much i DO NOT want Cleveland winning a title.

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Well, two years ago, the only reason the Cavs series went 7 was 'cause one, we stunk on the road and two, Ray missed all series long.

This time around, however, the road vs home isn't as significant and I believe Ray Ray will be dropping 30, night after night, against the Cavs. And I don't think the Cavs will be able to make the adjustments, because it would open up too many other options for the Celtics to score big.

The problem here is Jamison and if the Celts don't find a way of dealing with him, it can be over in 6. Otherwise, the Cavs aren't a scary playoff team.