Author Topic: Perk Needs to Rest  (Read 1987 times)

Perk Needs to Rest
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
I would give Perk the next 10 days off.  He has no lift at all.  At this point I rather see him resting and give the minutes to Sheed as well as work in Sheldon. 

Re: Perk Needs to Rest
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Lately Perk has 'finally' been making points again, but still does not have that lift he had before. Heck, maybe rest is what he needs. Doesn't he have tendinitis or something like that? When he's healthy, he plays pretty incredible.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
How much rest is going to make a significant difference at this point? 

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:13:54 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
How much rest is going to make a significant difference at this point? 

Probably can't hurt to limit his minutes the rest of the way.

Playing tired/hurt only increases the risk of greater injury. And that's our biggest fear over the next two weeks.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i would not mind doc resting a lot of the starters at this point. i am too lazy to figure out the "final standings/win-loss rest of season/favorable matchups" for the celtics.

however, i think the playoffs are everything now. the celtics can beat anyone on the road....if they play their best. to play their best it may be necessary for doc to rest the starting five.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:38:54 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
i would not mind doc resting a lot of the starters at this point. i am too lazy to figure out the "final standings/win-loss rest of season/favorable matchups" for the celtics.

however, i think the playoffs are everything now. the celtics can beat anyone on the road....if they play their best. to play their best it may be necessary for doc to rest the starting five.

Yup - with the CLE game over, and Bogut out for the two Bucks games - good time to either limit guys who need to be limited (e.g. Perk, possibly PP) and push guys who need more minutes to build stamina (IMO - KG).

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Perk looked pretty good to me tonight. Either way we need to get some momentum and continuity going. Perkins needs to be out there unless his injury is worse than he's letting on.

Maybe give him a full game off once our seeding is set, but limiting his minutes won't do much at this point.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Everyone wants to rest the starting 5, but I think part of the problem has been that they have not played together all year, and are finally getting to be a cohesive unit again.  And I think the bench needs to get used to the new "rotations?"  if, indeed they are the new rotations.  We are finally starting to gel.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 12:24:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He won the jump ball.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »

Offline Capricious

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
The last time perk played 35 minutes was January 20th.