Author Topic: Final Straw for Sheed  (Read 20821 times)

Final Straw for Sheed
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:16:51 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I'm done with Sheed. Could careless what he has to offer. This guy is a lunatic & belongs in a mental institution. Remember this was the same guy who said "Team is good enough to win without me" if he gets suspended. Doc grow a pair and bench this fool. Have fun next to Scal.

Re: Final Straw for Sheed
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'm done with Sheed. Could careless what he has to offer. This guy is a lunatic & belongs in a mental institution. Remember this was the same guy who said "Team is good enough to win without me" if he gets suspended. Doc grow a pair and bench this fool. Have fun next to Scal.

I'm glad Doc didn't put him back in the game after taking him out.  Doc could be seen trying to get him to let (whatever) go...but he just wouldn't come back down after getting wound.  We really needed him on the court, too...

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:21:41 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 691
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think the way doc handled it was very good. sheed is sheed...he was playing pretty well up until that meltdown

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

I'm glad Doc didn't put him back in the game after taking him out.  Doc could be seen trying to get him to let (whatever) go...but he just wouldn't come back down after getting wound.  We really needed him on the court, too...

I disagree with your last statement.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Oh pleasssseeee. So tired of the negative Sheed talk. He has kept us in the game many times and played a great game today. Let him have his technicals; that's just a part of who he is. Cavs coach got thrown out of the game..maybe they should trade him. I am SO GLAD we have Sheed.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 691
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i keep telling myself sheed is going to be a better player come playoffs

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
And did anyone notice KG got tired in the 4th qtr? Perk got tired or something? Sheed and Baby should have been put in beginning of 4th to play 1st half of it, then starters back in. Starters blew the whole 20 pt. lead we had in 4th qtr.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Oh pleasssseeee. So tired of the negative Sheed talk. He has kept us in the game many times and played a great game today. Let him have his technicals; that's just a part of who he is. Cavs coach got thrown out of the game..maybe they should trade him. I am SO GLAD we have Sheed.

Its one thing to jaw with the refs when your down, but we were up 17points. And the way he disrespected Doc was unacceptable. He is the anti-big3. Big3 build a nice foundation of working hard and competing. Its evident with Rondo's improvement. You can't excuse Sheed's behavior. This started with him coming in overweight. Void Sheed and his contract. No one player is bigger than the team.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
And did anyone notice KG got tired in the 4th qtr? Perk got tired or something? Sheed and Baby should have been put in beginning of 4th to play 1st half of it, then starters back in. Starters blew the whole 20 pt. lead we had in 4th qtr.
Doc put in the starters early in the fourth in an attempt to blow the game open.

It backfired as the starters couldn't score at all and gave up the lead. I don't blame him for that though because if they'd gone on a run of 3 or 4 made buckets the game would have been over.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 04:34:42 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Baby definitely should had played few more minutes. He was having a good game.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I was disappointed by Sheed's behaviour (especially when he kept screaming at Doc after the T) but I really liked the fact that Doc put him on the bench instead of staying with his "he is a vet, let's play him anyway" mentra.

I think Doc should take "sanctions" like that more often on his vets, or call them out in his postgame comments.

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Other than the temper tantrum, Sheed was pretty good.  He scored efficiently, and played OK on D.

As long as this incident doesn't develop into outright subordination, I like the progress Sheed has made in the last few games.  He's hitting the post hard, using the 15 footer and reaching a little less on D.  
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
Sheed is Sheed and it was an intense game, so his emotions were high. He needs a pass on this one because he is really an excellent addition.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 04:38:38 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Doc made the right move, Sheed was out of control and liable to get another one

on the opposite spectrum, can I say how much I love Nate. 0 minutes, cheering on teammates throughout, no one was happier ofr his team while Sheed sulked throughout his benching. 
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I was disappointed by Sheed's behaviour (especially when he kept screaming at Doc after the T) but I really liked the fact that Doc put him on the bench instead of staying with his "he is a vet, let's play him anyway" mentra.

I think Doc should take "sanctions" like that more often on his vets, or call them out in his postgame comments.
I thought Rasheed was playing solid before his blow up though. I'd rather deal with a T and solid play than laziness.

This is likely Sheed gearing up for the playoffs....