Author Topic: David Lee  (Read 5354 times)

Re: David Lee
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
sign and trade for Tony the Trojan Horse Allen?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Is David Lee a player we may be able to get for the 5 mil a year.  From the clip on the front do you think the double double machine would get more cash from one of hand full of teams with cap room?

Here is my questions. 

In a win now is he better than Wallace?
Would he be better long term?

What do you think of this guy?  I like him, but seems he is limitted on O...and really just a scrapper?   But dude can jump and box out!  What do you guys think.  I guess he isnot in NY future plans and is so why???

He is not coming here for the MLE, simply because he will get a much higher offer somewhere else. The guy is talented and very good and he deserves to get a high contract. I am sure the C's would like to sign him, but i believe he is out of our reach

A while back the Raptors were talking about signing Bosh to the MAX CONTRACT and trading him for LEE (S&T), so that should give us all an idea about the market Lee is in this summer.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 11:47:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I can't see Lee signing for the MLE.  He made $7 million this season, I believe, and had an all-star caliber season.  He's probably looking at around $10 million or so per year.
Agreed

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
And P.S.

I think Sheed is a better fit.  Reports claim that he would be very interested in coming here (Granted it's Tanguay) and he will most likely ultimately be cheaper (that obviously depends on what offers they both get in Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ency, but Sheed will probably take a discount to win).  spots as well

I'm a bit afraid to ask, but what is Tanguay saying about Lee?  Are his sources telling him that the C's are going to find a way to sign him?

Lee is a nice young player.  He is not a superstar, but a decent second or third option.  I think he will have a career similar to Antawn Jamison.  He does not have the all around game to dominate, but he will put up good numbers, and will be a guy that others want to play with. 

But it is very hard to imagine a scenario where the C's find a way to get him.  It would have to be a part of a sign and trade, and would most likely have to involve the Knicks really wanting Ray Allen and/or Perk, neither of whom I think would be a great fit.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
He'll get at least $10 million in the off-season, and he deserves it.  He's a 20-10 double double machine.  I hope the Thunder sign him.  He could be their missing piece.
If you think Ibaka can be your defensive big going forward I could see that. I have my doubts.

Jeff Green + thier 1st for Al Jefferson makes so much more sense (to me). The thunder, using the cap space from Etan Thomas's expiring (and probably resigning him at the vet min) would relieve the T-Wolves of Al's contract and give them someone of value in return.

Then, the thunder still have Nenad Kristic and Nick Collison as well as Ibaka.
Big Al would be a good fit there, I'd worry about his defensive limitations though. Ibaka seems like the type that could play with him though.

I think Ibaka and Jefferson would be a great combination.  That would really balance that team out a bit, but I am not sure there are enough shots to go around with Jefferson, Durant, and Westbrook.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 01:10:54 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
And P.S.

I think Sheed is a better fit.  Reports claim that he would be very interested in coming here (Granted it's Tanguay) and he will most likely ultimately be cheaper (that obviously depends on what offers they both get in Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ency, but Sheed will probably take a discount to win).  spots as well

I'm a bit afraid to ask, but what is Tanguay saying about Lee?  Are his sources telling him that the C's are going to find a way to sign him?

Lee is a nice young player.  He is not a superstar, but a decent second or third option.  I think he will have a career similar to Antawn Jamison.  He does not have the all around game to dominate, but he will put up good numbers, and will be a guy that others want to play with. 

But it is very hard to imagine a scenario where the C's find a way to get him.  It would have to be a part of a sign and trade, and would most likely have to involve the Knicks really wanting Ray Allen and/or Perk, neither of whom I think would be a great fit.

Those Lee rumors (bogus or not) are from last summer, when his agent was desperately trying to get his client a long contract.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Lee is definitely in for a big payday.  The guy keeps getting better and better.  The Knicks run their offense through him quite a bit and D'antoni says Lee is their best passer.  He now hits jumpers and he's always been great at the rim because he shoots with either hand.  He's still not a good defender but he is very strong in just about every other aspect.  I'd love to get him if we could afford him.  But the thing is, he's not a bench player.  We don't have a spot for him unless we trade KG or bench Perk.

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
David Lee is GOOD. And he's showed some competitiveness in the way that he continues to try and hustle despite his teams ineffectiveness.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
David Lee to me is someone to go after even if its only a rumor he wants to come here.  If KG is the way he is going to be for the remainder of his career I'd talk him into coming off bench.  If its only an injury and KG can come back then WOW.  I'd put him above every big man we have right now (kg injury taken into consideration).  Love perk but I'd try and talk him into bench or move him for sg/sf if Lee was coming here.