Author Topic: Is my wife overreacting?  (Read 16684 times)

Is my wife overreacting?
« on: June 19, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Hello guys, i need some advise on this issue between my wife and i...

there is a divorced girl with a child who is part of community\neighborhood, my wife and i are friends with her but nothing too close, we had her and her son over for a few meals and help her out with carpool every now and than.

now, for some reason this girls send me a text on fathers day: "happy father day", that's it.
my wife it totally freaking out and she thinks is completely inappropriate for her to do so.

I think she is overreacting.
and i will add that i am 100% loyal to my wife, have been and will be.

what do you guys think?

Re: Is my wife overreacting?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:35:28 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Hello guys, i need some advise on this issue between my wife and i...

there is a divorced girl with a child who is part of community\neighborhood, my wife and i are friends with her but nothing too close, we had her and her son over for a few meals and help her out with carpool every now and than.

now, for some reason this girls send me a text on fathers day: "happy father day", that's it.
my wife it totally freaking out and she thinks is completely inappropriate for her to do so.

I think she is overreacting.
and i will add that i am 100% loyal to my wife, have been and will be.

what do you guys think?

Possibly a bit inappropriate.  Depends on if it was a mass text sent out to every father that she knows.  I know people who do that, and you always wonder, well how many other people did this go to...

If it was just you, maybe a little odd.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:36:07 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
I would go on Facebook and say "Happy Father's Day" to the dads out there too...

Nothing wrong with that, I think. So overreaction.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 01:38:14 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Are you a father?  If so, yeah, she's definitely overreacting.  Maybe even if you're not.

Sounds like she's threatened that this single woman is contacting you in a private-ish way.  Not that uncommon, but it's possible there's a deeper issue there too.  Maybe she thinks the woman's been flirtatious at other times (even if you didn't notice).  Women tend to pick up on subtle stuff, but often that stuff is so subtle that it doesn't actually exist.  Probably worth talking over one way or the other.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 01:55:51 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I think so.

Is this the very first notion that she's ever given you?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think so.

Is this the very first notion that she's ever given you?
she will text sometimes but only when she needs help with carpool for her son or something like that, strictly business.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 01:59:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yep , unless you're a father... then, probably no (and run)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Good that you told her...that's how she found out, right?

Seems innocuous enough to me, though. Depending on the age difference you kind of have been acting like a dad to her.

Perhaps you'll have to wait til' mother's day to find out her true intentions...

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
By "totally freaking out" do you mean she's been throwing pots and pans at your head non-stop since Father's day?

If that's not what you mean, then, possibly, just possibly, you are overreacting to her overreaction. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 02:08:46 AM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Seems innocent enough and I think you can just claim innocence about everything (which is true) and stick with your guns and brush this one aside because your wife REALLY doesn't have anything. But....

....it does kind of sound like a "possible" feeler/flirtatious text to see how you react to it too. So I don't think your wife is out of bounds to feel skeptical about it.

The main thing is....you're innocent, so YOU WIN!
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 02:15:56 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Wives, girlfriends, and women in general tend to see things that guys don't.  Lots of times it is just nothing, but I have to admit sometimes women do have a 6th sense about these type of things.  It has happened to me before.

But since you didn't do anything, no big deal.  I am sure your wife will settle down about it in a day or two.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:41 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
Didn't read, but I can safely say yes.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 02:42:02 AM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49
It really all depends on what "freaking out" means. If she is thinking of saying something to that woman, then yes she is overreacting. If she is just complaining to you, then that's par for the course mi hombre.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 03:03:14 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Didn't read, but I can safely say yes.
lol

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 03:36:28 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
First and foremost, applause to you for tha loyalty to your other half. But if it's just you and tha wifey with no kids, then yes she's overreacting. But this is also (which i'm sure you know already) just women being women. What "totally freaking out" means, I don't know but as long as she isn't throwing pots, pans, and knives, you're fine.

If this wasn't a group message to tha fathers she may know, it still just may be a nice harmless acknowledgment. I must say tho all connects in this friendship (for tha most part) should only run through your wife and this woman to avoid stuff like this. Little things like this can turn into something unnecessary. Again this is women being women and tha fact this other girl is single doesn't make this easier to explain or smooth over. Just try not to be a "DB" and look at it from her side. Though we aren't emotional as women are, how would you feel if this was a man telling tha wifey Happy Mothers Day.
Loyalty Is Royalty