Author Topic: Clippers gunning for Durant and Kawhi this summer  (Read 4576 times)

Clippers gunning for Durant and Kawhi this summer
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:07:27 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251893/Los-Angeles-Clippers-Have-Master-Plan-To-Add-Kawhi-Leonard-and-Kevin-Durant

And you you know what? I hope it happens. Lakers fans heads are too big after the LeBron signing, they need to be knocked down a few pegs - no better way than the Clippers regaining supremacy of the city.

How epic would it be to see a Celtics clippers finals for years to come vs. Doc, Kawhi, and Durant?

Re: Clippers gunning for Durant and Kawhi this summer
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:18:25 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Clippers seem to always be rumored to make a splash, only to see nothing happen.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

Clippers seem to always be rumored to make a splash, only to see nothing happen.

It could mean they are due for a splash.

Chances aren’t great, but I see the Durant sweepstakes coming down to GSW/NYK/LAC, possibly BKN if Kyrie wants to team up with KD there. I have a slight suspicion those two are conspiring together despite Kyries verbal commitment to Boston.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If they really want to do everything possible to make that happen, they should trade Gallinari in a three-team-trade where the Clippers get rid of his next year's salary.

Example:

To LA Clippers: Robin Lopez, Justin Holiday, '20 Chicago 2nd
To Portland: Danilo Gallinari
To Chicago: Evan Turner, '19 Portland 1st

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think Durant will end up on the Lakers with James.  He is actively going out of his way to avoid talking about James or talking about James in weirdly negative ways which are totally unprompted.  It just seems like he is creating a ruse to me. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I think Durant will end up on the Lakers with James.  He is actively going out of his way to avoid talking about James or talking about James in weirdly negative ways which are totally unprompted.  It just seems like he is creating a ruse to me.

My read on Durant is that he is more direct than that. He isn't a schemer. He seems like the type of guy who says it like it is, especially if you hear him on podcasts.

That's why his comments recently about James carry weight, because he isn't scheming or pulling punches.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

My read on Durant is that he is more direct than that. He isn't a schemer. He seems like the type of guy who says it like it is, especially if you hear him on podcasts.

That's why his comments recently about James carry weight, because he isn't scheming or pulling punches.

Agreed. My gut says Kawhi to Clippers and Durant to NY.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd be fine with Kawhi going back west.  If Durant manages to stay out there too, even better.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:31:51 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

I don't know how you leave a situation like he has with GS. 

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Ego. Urge to be the definitive alpha.  Still reeling from the public reaction from jumping ship from OKC to an already proverbial favorite....

He certainly has reasons to leave.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
Kawhi likely stays in Toronto. He bought a house there. He has a whole nation behind him. And Toronto is a very nice city, Americans wildly underrate its appeal. It is clean, safe, the women are beautiful, the food is excellent. Canadians also have an infectiously cheerful view of winter. Take a walk on any winter day and see the kids in the parks playing hockey and soccer.

And the team is good. The fans are great. Enthusiastic but forgiving. Perhaps too forgiving. Perfect for his low-key persona. Maybe he splits for the Clippers, but he probably stays.

I think Durant stays as well. He is getting plenty of credit for the Warriors success. All the time I read about how he is definitely a top-2-or-3 player. The narrative on him has changed. He elevated that team. And if Draymond really is a problem behind the scenes the team can ship him out easily enough to appease Durant.

KD could lead the best dynasty since the 90's Bulls. Yeah, if he leaves and wins he could claim he did it "on his own." But by default he is not winning without elite help. He failed year after year in OKC playing alongside all-stars. He's not LeBron and will never be good enough to do it on his own.

He is winning now and could become a legend. If he leaves and fails it would do enormous damage to his legacy.

I think he stays.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't feel the same way about Durant's comments but at the start of the season, I did think Durant was most likely to go to LAL to play with LeBron if he wanted to leave Golden State. Those two seem to really enjoy playing with one another when they get the chance. They are impossible for other teams to matchup against them.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Ego. Urge to be the definitive alpha.  Still reeling from the public reaction from jumping ship from OKC to an already proverbial favorite....

He certainly has reasons to leave.

Exactly.

I think the backlash - and the fact that it hasn't died down yet - bothers him even though he tries to pretend it doesn't. Why else create a burner Twitter account to respond to people?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Don’t underestimate the Clippers now that the logo is running things there

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
My, my. Wouldn't that be something?

I get a weird sense though that KL might think twice about leaving Toronto though. I don't think it is a guarantee for him to bolt.