Author Topic: Combo forwards / big wings  (Read 5144 times)

Re: Combo forwards / big wings
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2024, 04:27:45 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Kuminga would be solid and they are steady minutes for him, though not a ton barring injury.  Not sure what he'd take, but I'm sure GS would live the cap relief of him gone, just not sure how much value they'd want in addition.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 06:58:26 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Stevens or Brissett both seem more likely than a trade. Brad was very clear about preference to find someone “within”.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2024, 09:39:25 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Kuminga would be solid and they are steady minutes for him, though not a ton barring injury.  Not sure what he'd take, but I'm sure GS would live the cap relief of him gone, just not sure how much value they'd want in addition.

That would be another heist by Brad if it happens. I doubt though.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2024, 09:47:10 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

Kuminga shoots 28% from 3 and is a terrible FT shooter.  I also wouldn't want a player that isn't good enough to "lose faith" in his coach from shortened playing time (if the report is true).  It's fine to want more playing time, but don't blame a proven coach if you can't back it up with your play. 

I'm not impressed with Kuminga.  He can't help our squad this year with his skillset.  Give me another player that fits our team better, both now and in the future, and won't complain while doing it.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2024, 10:14:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

Kuminga shoots 28% from 3 and is a terrible FT shooter.  I also wouldn't want a player that isn't good enough to "lose faith" in his coach from shortened playing time (if the report is true).  It's fine to want more playing time, but don't blame a proven coach if you can't back it up with your play. 

I'm not impressed with Kuminga.  He can't help our squad this year with his skillset.  Give me another player that fits our team better, both now and in the future, and won't complain while doing it.

Kuminga has wanted out from GSW in the past due to the lack of playing time he was getting there. So this is not a new issue. More of a re-emergence of an old issue. That is why it took so little to spark it off. He has little trust in Kerr to begin with so any knock back is going bring back those doubts.

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2024, 01:02:10 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Fontecchio is a 28 year old RFA and would be a perfect fit for the Celtics.  Ainge won't give him away though as he has been playing well on both ends of the floor.  C's fans will get a good look at him tonight.

He didn’t look like anything special to me.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2024, 06:14:38 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1374
Finding someone with the physical attributes to do the job is probably the easy part. The hard part is finding someone to accept the nature of the role. And the better they are the harder it probably will be to get them to accept a diminished role, unless they are a ring chasing vet. That’s what rules a lot of players out that might be great fits talent or ability wise. And if you have an unhappy player you run the risk of introducing disharmony into the locker room.

But after his experience in 2018-19 I’m sure that one of Brad’s guiding principles is chemistry. It’s one thing to create a superteam in NBA2k, it’s another in real life where the pieces have to fit together and pull in the same direction.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2024, 07:11:35 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Fontecchio is a 28 year old RFA and would be a perfect fit for the Celtics.  Ainge won't give him away though as he has been playing well on both ends of the floor.  C's fans will get a good look at him tonight.

He didn’t look like anything special to me.
Me either, especially on the defensive end where he had trouble staying square in front of the ballhandler.

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2024, 07:49:36 AM »

Offline yelkao

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 17
Is there anyone available that’s significantly better than Brissett?

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2024, 09:55:16 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85

Daniel Theis has been filling in admirably for Plumlee in Clipperland.  Averaging about 17mpg and 7ppg.

But Plumlee just came back the other night after a two-month injury, although he only got seven minutes.  So they might be easing him back in.

One of those two guys could be available.  Plumlee makes $5MM and Theis makes $1.7MM (I think).

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2024, 03:33:13 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
What about TJ Warren?  He’s a free agent and healthy.  We worked him out before the season so Stevens must have had some interest.

I would think he’d be better than the available players, but I must be missing something since he’s unsigned.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2024, 04:44:31 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
What about TJ Warren?  He’s a free agent and healthy.  We worked him out before the season so Stevens must have had some interest.

I would think he’d be better than the available players, but I must be missing something since he’s unsigned.

I think he’s toast.  He worked out with tons of teams and no one picked him up.

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2024, 04:58:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Bey would be a great bench piece for this team. Why aren't more people excited about possibly going after him?

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2024, 05:03:34 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Bey would be a great bench piece for this team. Why aren't more people excited about possibly going after him?

For me it’s his likely cost relative to his marginal value, and his potential unhappiness at getting moved to a deeper bench role from being a starter, as happens with young players seeking a new contract.

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2024, 05:10:59 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Daniel Theis has been filling in admirably for Plumlee in Clipperland.  Averaging about 17mpg and 7ppg.

But Plumlee just came back the other night after a two-month injury, although he only got seven minutes.  So they might be easing him back in.

One of those two guys could be available.  Plumlee makes $5MM and Theis makes $1.7MM (I think).

Plumbee told the Clippers to keep playing Theis since the team is on a hot streak.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/mason-plumlee-urges-clippers-to-keep-playing-daniel-theis-over-him/ar-AA1mqG0d

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class