Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 202904 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #1065 on: January 20, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Butler is going to end up leaving Philly holding the bag this summer.  I just can't see him wanting to stay on a team that is fatally flawed.
How are they fatally flawed?  Embiid, Butler, Simmons, Redick is a strong top 4.  Their main problem is their 5th started and their bench.  If they were to replace Wilson Chandler with Marcus Morris or similar level player, they'd have a really strong starting 5. 

Edit:  Your comment is especially funny since Butler was the one who stunk up the joint most of the night.

Reddick is having an awesome offensive season, but he is really brutal on defense and would probably be best served coming off the bench at this stage of the year. Part of the reason guards do so well against the 76ers is because of his defense. We also mercilessly attacked him last year in the playoffs. For just being a fan of embiid you sure defend the entire team a lot
If the Sixers could send Redick to the bench, they'd be the clear favorites in the East.  They need Redick's shooting in the starting lineup.  Redick works best with Embiid on the court.  They work great together on offense and Embiid helps alleviate some of Redick's defensive deficiencies.  The Sixer's main problem isn't Simmons lack of shooting, Redick's defense or the fit of their 3 stars.  Their main problem is their 5th starter and their bench. 

I offer positive and negative critiques of the Sixers unlike you and the other Sixers bashers who can't see past your green colored goggles.  Contradicting nonsense like "the Sixers are fatally flawed because of Simmons" is just shooting fish in the barrel.

So you think 538 has some ax to grind against Simmons? Go shoot that fish in the barrel and explain to them why you are smarter than them. Jesus

I mean there's quite a number of Sixers fan like him who says the same about Simmons. How did it become "green-colored?".

« Reply #1066 on: January 20, 2019, 11:03:36 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
If the Sixers could send Redick to the bench, they'd be the clear favorites in the East.  They need Redick's shooting in the starting lineup.  Redick works best with Embiid on the court.  They work great together on offense and Embiid helps alleviate some of Redick's defensive deficiencies.  The Sixer's main problem isn't Simmons lack of shooting, Redick's defense or the fit of their 3 stars.  Their main problem is their 5th starter and their bench. 

I offer positive and negative critiques of the Sixers unlike you and the other Sixers bashers who can't see past your green colored goggles.  Contradicting nonsense like "the Sixers are fatally flawed because of Simmons" is just shooting fish in the barrel.

I'm yet to read one  ;)
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1067 on: January 20, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I'm yet to read one  ;)

Yea, I’ve seen him offer a vague critique on something irrelevant like an end of bench player or them having a poor fifth starter, but never seen anything more than that. It gets tiring

On the flip side I am very positive about some thing 76ers. Think embiid is a top ten player and could be higher. Think Simmons will eventually be a every year all star. Initially was very scared of butler being great for them. I just don’t say everything they do is magic and share third party critiques of Simmons shooting and watch their national TV games

« Reply #1068 on: January 20, 2019, 11:26:51 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Butler is going to end up leaving Philly holding the bag this summer.  I just can't see him wanting to stay on a team that is fatally flawed.
How are they fatally flawed?  Embiid, Butler, Simmons, Redick is a strong top 4.  Their main problem is their 5th started and their bench.  If they were to replace Wilson Chandler with Marcus Morris or similar level player, they'd have a really strong starting 5. 

Edit:  Your comment is especially funny since Butler was the one who stunk up the joint most of the night.

Reddick is having an awesome offensive season, but he is really brutal on defense and would probably be best served coming off the bench at this stage of the year. Part of the reason guards do so well against the 76ers is because of his defense. We also mercilessly attacked him last year in the playoffs. For just being a fan of embiid you sure defend the entire team a lot

So you think 538 has some ax to grind against Simmons? Go shoot that fish in the barrel and explain to them why you are smarter than them. Jesus
I wasn't talking about 538 but since when did they start walking on water?  Didn't they predict Hillary would win the election?  Did you actually read the 538 article or just the headline?  There was nothing about the Sixers being "fatally flawed" because of Simmons.  The author referred to it as a problem that could be hampering their offense against better teams. 

The author primarily uses DRE stat to show Simmons drop off between good and bad teams; however, there are lots of big names that show a big dropoff.  Oladipo's numbers are essentially the same as Simmons.   I'd argue that's a much bigger deal for Indiana since Oladipo is their #1 option.  Simmons is essentially the Sixers #4 option in the half court.  BTW, Klay Thompson's DRE numbers are worse than Simmons. 

Since the Butler trade, the Sixers are 19-7 and rank 7th offensively.  They're still adjusting their offense to incorporate Butler.  As the 538 article mentions, they are starting to use Simmons more frequently as a big man. The Sixers would obviously be better offensively if Simmons improves his shooting.  I'd prioritize it as follows:  free throws, mid-range, 3 pointers. 

As for late game situations like yesterday, the obvious solution is to have Butler not Simmons get the ball in the backcourt.  I also would have Embiid in the front court not inbounding the ball.  No need for a 3.  The Sixers would have had a decided advantage if they tied it up and went to overtime. 

« Reply #1069 on: January 20, 2019, 11:56:05 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I mean there's quite a number of Sixers fan like him who says the same about Simmons. How did it become "green-colored?".
There's a big difference between something being a problem versus being fatally flawed.  If the Sixers were to re-sign Butler, replace Chandler with Marcus Morris (or similar player) and shore up their bench next offseason, that would be a strong team not a fatally flawed team.

« Reply #1070 on: January 21, 2019, 12:05:40 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

There's a big difference between something being a problem versus being fatally flawed.  If the Sixers were to re-sign Butler, replace Chandler with Marcus Morris (or similar player) and shore up their bench next offseason, that would be a strong team not a fatally flawed team.

You realize it was not me or rockyn that used the phrase fatally flawed? You became so enraged someone said something negative about the 76ers you lost track of who you were arguing with I guess. This is just becoming parody at this point....

« Reply #1071 on: January 21, 2019, 12:17:52 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

You realize it was not me or rockyn that used the phrase fatally flawed? You became so enraged someone said something negative about the 76ers you lost track of who you were arguing with I guess. This is just becoming parody at this point....
That's priceless.  I responded directly to KGs Knee who made the "fatal flaw" comment and it was you who jumped on my response. 

« Reply #1072 on: January 21, 2019, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

That's priceless.  I responded directly to KGs Knee who made the "fatal flaw" comment and it was you who jumped on my response.

Scroll up. See you brought up fatal flaw to rockyn, then I guess put a price on it?

« Reply #1073 on: January 21, 2019, 01:05:09 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
In other nba news the pacers have 2 of their next 3 games against the raptors and warriors. We really need them to have a tough patch soon cause they only play like 3-4 teams above .500 in February

« Reply #1074 on: January 21, 2019, 05:49:31 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Was watching the Kings @ Nets game. I'd love us to go after Rodions Kurucs.

Joe Harris ain't half bad either. He's on a pretty nice contract as well.

2018/19: $8,333,333
2019/20: $7,666,667

« Reply #1075 on: January 21, 2019, 08:52:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Looks like Jahlil Okafor still has a knack for scoring the ball, if nothing else.  20/10 from him tonight in fill-in duty with AD out.

« Reply #1076 on: January 21, 2019, 09:39:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
my god how does houston sell a ticket .  this is the worst form of basketball i ever watched .   one man plays four watch

i rather see jr  high school league .

« Reply #1077 on: January 21, 2019, 09:44:10 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
my god how does houston sell a ticket .  this is the worst form of basketball i ever watched .   one man plays four watch

i rather see jr  high school league .

Just goes to show fans pay to see the stars.

« Reply #1078 on: January 21, 2019, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
In other nba news the pacers have 2 of their next 3 games against the raptors and warriors. We really need them to have a tough patch soon cause they only play like 3-4 teams above .500 in February

Was hoping the Rockets would bring it against Philly, instead they lose by 28.  Could have used a Philly loss, that would have put the C's even in the loss column.

Still the Sixers upcoming schedule looks tough, this is their next 9:

Spurs
@ Nuggets
@ Lakers (hopefully with a healthy LeBron, though can't believe I just wrote that)
@ Warriors
@ Kings
Raptors
Nuggets
Lakers
Celtics

And for the Raptors, 4 of the next 7 look to be tough (@ Pacers, @ Houston, Bucks, @ Philly)

Would be sweet if the C's can take of business,  great opportunity to gain some ground in the standings.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1079 on: January 21, 2019, 10:51:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Nurkic with a dominant quarter versus the Jazz just now.  He's driving Gobert nuts.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC