Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics among teams interested in Davis Bertans  (Read 5617 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics among teams interested in Davis Bertans
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 01:47:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wasn't Bertans on the Celts summer league squad a few seasons ago? and then had that horrific fall while trying to finish at the rim...
No, he was drafted in the second round by the Spurs as part of the trade of George Hill for the pick that became Kawhi Leonard. He was in their system till they traded him this offseason.

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 02:38:31 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Had enough of Gordy.. He has been very inconsistent.. Scoring just 10 points against a pathetic Wizards squad, can't even take on IT one on one when he had the chance.. You do not pay him 31 million to score just a measly 10 points.

I'd trade him for Bertans in a heartbeat.

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 02:42:16 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
I think the Wiz will be asking for Langford for Bertans.

I'd give that bust up in a heartbeat.

Honestly though, no way Langford is enough to get Bertans.. We probably need to add pick to it.

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 03:01:51 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Honestly though, no way Langford is enough to get Bertans.. We probably need to add pick to it.

You mean no way Boston would do that. Langford controlled for several years on rookie deal, Bertrand UFA at end of season.

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 03:25:45 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell

You mean no way Boston would do that. Langford controlled for several years on rookie deal, Bertrand UFA at end of season.

I'd still do it.
Future of Langford is still up in the air.. Could even be out of the league like James Young in a year or 2.He may not even reach what Bertans has been doing this season.

Langfords body language screams busts to me. Has that James Young look tbh.

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 06:13:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Bucks should go after Bertans. He would be lethal next to Giannis. Help them replace Mirotic and give them some much needed added offensive firepower in order to be successful in the postseason.

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 08:07:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Bucks should go after Bertans. He would be lethal next to Giannis. Help them replace Mirotic and give them some much needed added offensive firepower in order to be successful in the postseason.
I'd prefer us to be the ones to acquire this human torch instead of letting a 5 out system surrounding a cyborg procure his services. Him joining any contender-ish team would cause the offence of that team to explode into the upper stratosphere or even historic levels.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 08:09:19 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I'd still do it.
Future of Langford is still up in the air.. Could even be out of the league like James Young in a year or 2.He may not even reach what Bertans has been doing this season.

In the limited minutes he has gotten, Langford has looked exceedingly aggressive on the offensive end, and engaged on the defensive end. Neither of those scream James Young 2.0 to me. I agree he could totally be a bust, in the way that any young wing taken 10-15 could be a bust on a deep team that's contending. But attitude most likely won't be why.
#JKJB

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 08:13:53 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I'd still do it.

This take is utter garbage. Basing projection based on looks/expressions? Langford is different from James Young. He was far more agressive than Young ever was, and their game are also different. Langford also looks better defensively in his first few MONTHS vs Young in his 4th year.

There are lots of reasons why Langford could fail, but look is not one of them.