Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 393971 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #1470 on: January 17, 2020, 02:51:40 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
I think having either the 2,3 seed is very important don't wanna play the Bucks in the second round when they are still fresh

« Reply #1471 on: January 17, 2020, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think having either the 2,3 seed is very important don't wanna play the Bucks in the second round when they are still fresh

Just as important it is to avoid the 76ers in the first round, but right now it seems the Celtics are in a real slump losing 5 out of 7.

« Reply #1472 on: January 17, 2020, 06:17:55 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

Just as important it is to avoid the 76ers in the first round, but right now it seems the Celtics are in a real slump losing 5 out of 7.

Miami is a big surprise this season to be honest even the 3 seed will have a difficult match up with the 6 seed Indiana or 76ers....

Pretty much only 1 and 2 seed will have a cake walk first round this year.

Once teams get into the second round Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. gets serious.

« Reply #1473 on: January 17, 2020, 08:11:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think Ben Simmons flexing and screaming for the cameras and putting up big numbers in a game the 76ers are down one at the half to the bulls is pretty peak Ben Simmons.

« Reply #1474 on: January 17, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Philly ends up with a comfortable win. I feel like
Them losing tonight would have made me feel better about last night. Darn it

« Reply #1475 on: January 17, 2020, 09:43:08 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Philly ends up with a comfortable win. I feel like
Them losing tonight would have made me feel better about last night. Darn it

Memphis about to get another win also.

« Reply #1476 on: January 17, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Last season Ainge said he made a mistake by not doing anything at the trade deadline even if the team was clearly in need of changes.

I don't think Ainge will repeat the mistake of last season.

Celtics losing games in January is a good thing because it will force Ainge to make the necessary changes needed to win in the playoffs.

« Reply #1477 on: January 17, 2020, 09:46:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Last season Ainge said he made a mistake by not doing anything at the trade deadline even if the team was clearly in need of changes.

Celtics losing games in January is a good thing because it will force Ainge to make the necessary changes needed to win in the playoffs.

I hope you are right

« Reply #1478 on: January 17, 2020, 09:49:22 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

I hope you are right

If I'm wrong then let's be prepared to see the Lakers in the Finals facing a team in the east not from Boston.

« Reply #1479 on: January 17, 2020, 10:37:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I hope you are right

If I'm wrong then let's be prepared to see the Lakers in the Finals facing a team in the east not from Boston.

You trying to ruin my weekend?

« Reply #1480 on: January 17, 2020, 11:10:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

You mean like all of the changes they made last year when the team was struggling a bit and everyone else was getting better.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1481 on: January 18, 2020, 12:02:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I hope you are right

I don’t think the Lakers are necessarily a lock to make the Finals. Also not sure they’re better than the Bucks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1482 on: January 18, 2020, 12:07:03 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

You mean like all of the changes they made last year when the team was struggling a bit and everyone else was getting better.

That's what he's saying. DA said it was a mistake to ride it out hoping a(more talented team one paper) would figure it out come playoffs.

This year the bench is weak. Smart, Lander are the only legit bench players. The Williams are to young to be counted on that much to be the 3 and 4th guys off the bench every night. Ones hurt, so he's no help anyways.

I think our starters have too much pressure to do things right because the bench can't always be counted on. They play too tight.

Either we have to give up some of our young guys, maybe smart, memph pic for some legit help.

Or we have to accept that a title run isn't going to happen this year and they found out the bench next summer.

Irving and Hosrford leaving handcuffed DA getting bench help this summer. We were lucky to get Jenna and Kanter.

« Reply #1483 on: January 18, 2020, 12:07:31 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I hope you are right

I don’t think the Lakers are necessarily a lock to make the Finals. Also not sure they’re better than the Bucks
There is also the distinct possibilities of:

1. Danny makes the trade and Boston still doesn't make the Finals
2. Danny doesn't make the trade but Boston makes the Finals
3. Danny doesn't make the trade but doesn't make the Finals and Boston not making the Finals has nothing to do with whether Danny made a trade or not

In which case, Fierce is wrong in all of those cases.

« Reply #1484 on: January 18, 2020, 01:09:33 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

He'll just sit on his hands like how he always does each year in February.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)