Author Topic: Celtics locker room issue  (Read 6829 times)

Re: Celtics locker room issue
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2019, 02:00:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yep, I don’t want to ever hear him say the word leader.  And I know that quote is a few weeks old, but what minutes and role could he selfishly want?  He misses half of the games with minor soreness anyway so how could he handle more minutes?  He already has the keys to the car and can do whatever he wants.  What more is there?

He wants to be Lebron

thats what

he wants 5 star treatment from management from teammates from media

Iam not sure anymore if he wanted to leave Cleveland because he couldn't stand Lebron acting like an entitled punk or because he was jealous he was not in front of the spotlight

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
probably the young guys vs. the veterans.

That's what I think it's happening. If it is, it needs to be solved asap. There is no way a team can win only with veterans nor only with youngsters. Everybody is needed

the problem is that the Young guys feel entitled since they lead the team to the ECF last year. At this point one would think they would be humbled. But nope...
They're not ready to be role players because they either think they can be stars (Tatum/Brown) or starters (Rozier).  Then the young guys not getting any minutes probably aren't happy because they'd like to find out whether they're good enough to play in the league - and Stevens isn't giving them a chance.  They're being kept on the roster because of their cheap contracts.

I don't blame Tatum and Brown.  I'd feel the same way in their shoes.  And they probably should have cut bait on Rozier but I think they're keeping him around as Kyrie insurance this summer.  It's not a great mix of talent as there's probably too much  right now, along with an age gap - and this has to carry over to the locker room.

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
probably the young guys vs. the veterans.

That's what I think it's happening. If it is, it needs to be solved asap. There is no way a team can win only with veterans nor only with youngsters. Everybody is needed

the problem is that the Young guys feel entitled since they lead the team to the ECF last year. At this point one would think they would be humbled. But nope...
They're not ready to be role players because they either think they can be stars (Tatum/Brown) or starters (Rozier).  Then the young guys not getting any minutes probably aren't happy because they'd like to find out whether they're good enough to play in the league - and Stevens isn't giving them a chance.  They're being kept on the roster because of their cheap contracts.

I don't blame Tatum and Brown.  I'd feel the same way in their shoes.  And they probably should have cut bait on Rozier but I think they're keeping him around as Kyrie insurance this summer.  It's not a great mix of talent as there's probably too much  right now, along with an age gap - and this has to carry over to the locker room.

Tatum is getting a similar amount of shots and has a similar usage rate to what he did in the playoffs last year.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
How about you don't play defense or pass the ball .....you sit at the end of Shaqattacks bench

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:42 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Starting Hayward when he wasn't ready and hadn't earned it was a terrible idea that threw the team off from the start.  Keeping him there for as long as they did, and giving him the minutes that they did, made it worse.  Hayward's not getting back to what he was keeps the wound festering.

None of this is really surprising.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
bottom line, you're coach is supposed to get the players to play together.

why is everyone so afraid to say it or believe it? ask yourself the question what's easier to acquire? talent? or coaching?

"too much talent"? that's the stupidest phrase ever uttered. look at the laker team del harris coached that they were ready to blow up - the same team phil Jackson won a championship with.

brad stevens sabotaged this season when he insisted on starting hayward when he clearly wasn't ready and barely looks deserving of a roster spot at this point. which makes him look even stupider, and it clearly is the reason for everything because stevens even acknowledged the issue by coming to his senses and taking him out of the starting line up.

everybody that lost in the ECF last yr. was ready to pick up where they left off. stevens killed that momentum along with the chemistry of the team.

everything that's happened with this team has been a trickle down from this. Jaylen and morris? this happens when a coach can't get the players to play together.

a great NBA coach gets the egos to play together(look at that laker team). x's and o's is such a minor detail when it comes to this league....

a bad coach can make even the best teams horrible(again look at that laker team).

Because you have a significant number of posters on this site who say Stevens doesn't shoot or pass so he is not to blame. When the team wins it is proof that Stevens is a good coach. When the team loses the players are the problem. Essentially Stevens is free and clear no matter what happens.

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2019, 11:51:45 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
bottom line, you're coach is supposed to get the players to play together.

why is everyone so afraid to say it or believe it? ask yourself the question what's easier to acquire? talent? or coaching?

"too much talent"? that's the stupidest phrase ever uttered. look at the laker team del harris coached that they were ready to blow up - the same team phil Jackson won a championship with.

brad stevens sabotaged this season when he insisted on starting hayward when he clearly wasn't ready and barely looks deserving of a roster spot at this point. which makes him look even stupider, and it clearly is the reason for everything because stevens even acknowledged the issue by coming to his senses and taking him out of the starting line up.

everybody that lost in the ECF last yr. was ready to pick up where they left off. stevens killed that momentum along with the chemistry of the team.

everything that's happened with this team has been a trickle down from this. Jaylen and morris? this happens when a coach can't get the players to play together.

a great NBA coach gets the egos to play together(look at that laker team). x's and o's is such a minor detail when it comes to this league....

a bad coach can make even the best teams horrible(again look at that laker team).

Because you have a significant number of posters on this site who say Stevens doesn't shoot or pass so he is not to blame. When the team wins it is proof that Stevens is a good coach. When the team loses the players are the problem. Essentially Stevens is free and clear no matter what happens.

So by that logic, an example: When the team wins it is proof that the coach is good (see Warriors- team with stacked talent, or LeBron's 2017 Cavs).

But when the team loses, it's the players are the problem (no blame on the poor coaching like Tyron Lue or Steve Kerr).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2019, 11:53:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The thing with Hayward is he has lost some quickness and isn't fast enough to get by his man and go all the way to the hoop with out getting hit. Just watch that next game and you'll see what I mean.

So teamwise a group who plays athletically and likes to get out and run alot, it IS an anchor and slows them down.

Brad should NOT have punished the youngsters like that after their run last year. Someone mentioned in another thread that it was no big deal but it absolutely was with rookies and second year players nearly knocking off Lebron to go to the finals.

YOU DO NOT PUNISH THAT...and I think that is at the root of all this.

I won't even mention his pay that they all see.

And honestly Terry is within his right to feel some kinda way about that.

I actually see things with Terry, and his game is not a finished product yet. You guys WILL regret letting him walk. He will have a similar career to Billups.

You do know Chauncey is going to the Hall, right?

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 11:57:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Danny and CBS totally mismanaged this team.

You gave the keys to the kids last year, you do not get the keys back.

You do not get to tell them they are not ready when they already proved they are ready.

If you can coach positionless basketball then you can definitely go away from entrenched starting five.

I have said it over and over again but no one wants to agree with me. Celtics have enough talent to field two starting teams. COACH LIKE IT!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 01:31:13 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The thing with Hayward is he has lost some quickness and isn't fast enough to get by his man and go all the way to the hoop with out getting hit. Just watch that next game and you'll see what I mean.

So teamwise a group who plays athletically and likes to get out and run alot, it IS an anchor and slows them down.

Brad should NOT have punished the youngsters like that after their run last year. Someone mentioned in another thread that it was no big deal but it absolutely was with rookies and second year players nearly knocking off Lebron to go to the finals.

I actually see things with Terry, and his game is not a finished product yet. You guys WILL regret letting him walk. He will have a similar career to Billups.

Yeah, lol, Terry is definitely not of the same caliber as Chauncey. Chauncey had already proven more by age 23 than Terry had now, and he turns 25 in roughly a month.

If Chauncey hadn't been injured in '99-'00, and then played out of position the season after I think he develops into the All-Star caliber guy quicker, but even with those obstacles Billups developed at a better pace.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 07:10:20 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Yeah, lol, Terry is definitely not of the same caliber as Chauncey. Chauncey had already proven more by age 23 than Terry had now, and he turns 25 in roughly a month.

If Chauncey hadn't been injured in '99-'00, and then played out of position the season after I think he develops into the All-Star caliber guy quicker, but even with those obstacles Billups developed at a better pace.

He's that old? I didn't realize that and thought he was Brown and Tatum's age. Anyway, my point was the same way Pitino was emotional and pulled the trigger on him is the same thing that's gonna happen.

But as I read this board, it's becoming obvious trades are half the fun for most posters like it's some fantasy league or something. I don't know nothing about none of that...I played since I was 4 so I post from my experiences from that.

Everyone brushes chemistry under the rug, and I just don't think anyone get's it. I mean Danny don't even get it, and he was on one of the most smooth running and well oiled teams anchored by Bird.

I guess they figure since Paul, KG and Allen did it, that's the mold everyone tries for. I just think that team caught lightning in a bottle because of who they were. They didn't even struggle out the gate like Lebron in Miami did.

That still doesn't mean chemistry is not important. This new league mindset and style of play is kinda losing me I guess.

If y'all like to buy competition with a revolving door, go for it.  I ain't with it.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:19:50 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
we ll see if they fold tonight when they are down 30