Author Topic: Do you enjoy posting in the Game Threads anymore?  (Read 27268 times)

Re: Do you enjoy posting in the Game Threads anymore?
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Even the most rosy of optimists would have had a tough time finding much to be positive about tonight.

I think the thing that is depressing sometimes about the game threads is that there seems to be very little hope in there.  Even when the team makes a bit of a run, there seems to be a little less cheering and enthusiasm than there used to be. 

Agreed.

But I can't even imagine what the game thread would have been like if Nick hadn't brought this up.

I would have liked to see what the "positive" game thread would have looked like tonight.  I'm guessing nine posts, with three or four of them trolling.  :P

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Even the most rosy of optimists would have had a tough time finding much to be positive about tonight.

I think the thing that is depressing sometimes about the game threads is that there seems to be very little hope in there.  Even when the team makes a bit of a run, there seems to be a little less cheering and enthusiasm than there used to be.  

Anyway, no reported comments tonight, either.  If there's anything folks would like us to look into, either shoot a staff member a PM, or report a post.

The lack of hope is what a lot of people are referring to when they make distinctions from the pre-Big 3 era.  At least back then you could place your hopes on the young guys panning out, or getting traded for older more established players, or whatever.

Right now it feels like this season is shaping up to be a sad farewell tour for a proud group of guys who fought hard for the past 4 years and came away with 1 title and a couple other near misses.

It's difficult to be hopeful when you're watching players that you've grown to love and admire trotting the last traces their career out on the floor (thinking mainly of KG here).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

I think the thing that is depressing sometimes about the game threads is that there seems to be very little hope in there.  Even when the team makes a bit of a run, there seems to be a little less cheering and enthusiasm than there used to be. 

Agreed.

But I can't even imagine what the game thread would have been like if Nick hadn't brought this up.

I would have liked to see what the "positive" game thread would have looked like tonight.  I'm guessing nine posts, with three or four of them trolling.  :P

Haha...maybe true. But those nine posts would have been better than "we are screwed" posted over and over and over and over..you get the idea. ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
positive, negative or blow it up - the game threads right now are like group therapy for us - they actually help me a little to stay sane.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2011, 12:41:32 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I haven't posted in a game thread for about a year and a half now... really don't like the constant 'sky is falling' overreaction.