Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200853 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #975 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Detroit Pistons (Newsies)
PG: Darren Collison 2.3
SG: Courtney Lee 5 .0
SF:Chandler Parsons 0.88
PF: Greg Monroe 3.2
C: Andre Drummond 2.3

Bench Andrea Bargnani 10.0 Rodney Stuckey 8.5, Tyler Hansborogh 3.0, Willie Green 1.3, Stephen Jackson 10.0 Austin Daye 3.0

Evans Delonte and Rivers will eat Lee alive
not to mention My young team is better

Translation: I am Edgar and I am very scared.

« Reply #976 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

SUNS Pick 2: Coach: Doug Collins 

PG: Ricky Rubio(3.5) CJ Watson(.992)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1) DeMar Derozan(3.34)
SF: Alonzo Gee(3.5) Dorell Wright(4.1)
PF: Gerald Wallace(9.88) Thomas Robinson(3.34)
C:   Brook Lopez(13.67) Chris Andersen(.854)
Cap used: 60.27 Total: 70.3

Thoughts ? There  will only be a minor tweak left

I am constantly amazed at the trades you've been making. That's a team that just keeps getting better.

We're gonna have to start saying, "Don't trade with CPride, he'll get the better of you!"

Love the team, ironically the only thing Id see that could take them to the next level is 'gasp!' Ryan Anderson. One more shooter makes the difference between good and great. Right now, you've just got Gee, and you'd need more than that.
soo

how about utah
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #977 on: February 28, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Show me a roster, Edgar.

(Imagines Edgar posting picture of a rooster)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #978 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Bench Andrea Bargnani 10.0 Rodney Stuckey 8.5, Tyler Hansborogh 3.0, Willie Green 1.3, Stephen Jackson 10.0 Austin Daye 3.0

Everytime I try to critique this roster, I end up answering my own question.

"They won't score enough, or well enough."
- Maybe, it really hinges on Collison. There are scorers enough on the bench, and if you figure 10 for Lee, 18 for Parsons, 18 for Monroe, 11 for Drummond, and 12-15 or so for Collsion, that's 70 points from the starters. Another 20 from the bench entirely possible, and you got a stew going.

"They're iffy defensively."
- With Drummond being the embodiment of a winged pterodactyl on steroids, and Monroe, Lee, and Parsons being consistently pretty good, all you've got to worry about is Collison. On the bench, well defensively it's not pretty. But it should be good enough to keep it close most nights.

"Passing is a real concern"
-Collison is about average as a passing PG, Lee we're familiar with, but Parsons, Monroe are both extremely good passers for their respective positions. Passing is not a real concern.

Just a solid team, I could see them sneaking into the playoffs this season if Drummond can handle big minnutes. Likely he cant so they're on the outside looking in this year, but starting next year and further, they're only going to get better.

« Reply #979 on: February 28, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

The Drummond/Monroe combination is so appealing to me. Not a playoff team right now but if Monroe/Drummond lives up to their potential; watch out. Parsons is going to become a pretty good player himself. The Newsies are the favorites for best team of the future so far.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #980 on: February 28, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Show me a roster, Edgar.

(Imagines Edgar posting picture of a rooster)

Funniest thing I've heard all day
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #981 on: February 28, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Everytime I try to critique this roster, I end up answering my own question.

"They won't score enough, or well enough."
- Maybe, it really hinges on Collison. There are scorers enough on the bench, and if you figure 10 for Lee, 18 for Parsons, 18 for Monroe, 11 for Drummond, and 12-15 or so for Collsion, that's 70 points from the starters. Another 20 from the bench entirely possible, and you got a stew going.

"They're iffy defensively."
- With Drummond being the embodiment of a winged pterodactyl on steroids, and Monroe, Lee, and Parsons being consistently pretty good, all you've got to worry about is Collison. On the bench, well defensively it's not pretty. But it should be good enough to keep it close most nights.

"Passing is a real concern"
-Collison is about average as a passing PG, Lee we're familiar with, but Parsons, Monroe are both extremely good passers for their respective positions. Passing is not a real concern.

Just a solid team, I could see them sneaking into the playoffs this season if Drummond can handle big minnutes. Likely he cant so they're on the outside looking in this year, but starting next year and further, they're only going to get better.

I hear you on all those questions, but the advantage of building towards the future is that it doesn't matter if those questions exist this year, but it matters if they'll be gone.

I think Chandler could wind up being a Stephen Jackson in his prime type player, I think Monroe is 20 ppg waiting to happen and Drummond is going to be 18 easy in his prime.

Defense off the bench is a huge concern but my only thought on that is, if I were the GM, that would be a problem in 2016 not now.

« Reply #982 on: February 28, 2013, 11:22:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

The Drummond/Monroe combination is so appealing to me. Not a playoff team right now but if Monroe/Drummond lives up to their potential; watch out. Parsons is going to become a pretty good player himself. The Newsies are the favorites for best team of the future so far.

Danke.

« Reply #983 on: February 28, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
Would love in a few years to see the new look Newsies going against the nuggests.... talk about a battle

P.S of course I'd win though
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #984 on: February 28, 2013, 11:48:47 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Would love in a few years to see the new look Newsies going against the nuggests.... talk about a battle

P.S of course I'd win though

Stop saying things like that. Greg Monroe can't stop drooling at the idea of being guarded by Thad Young or Sully. ;D

« Reply #985 on: March 01, 2013, 12:10:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Point of interest: To go with 16 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 7 for 8 shooting in a 1 point loss to the Clippers, Stephenson was +16, leading in +\- among the starters by more than 10 points. Danny Granger, who only played 18 minutes and shot .500 from the field, was a -25.

Lance Stephenson: better than you thought. The cavaliers: better than you deserve!

Kyrie/Isaiah Thomas
Stephenson/Ellington
Barnes/ Tobias Harris
Ryan Anderson/ Tobias Harris
Bynum/Zeller/Greg Smith

« Reply #986 on: March 01, 2013, 12:20:19 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
So, after today's action, I think we're looking at a near-finished product.

PG: Damian Lillard / Ramon Sessions
SG: Thabo Sefolosha / Jodie Meeks / Jeremy Lamb
SF: Nic Batum / Maurice Harkless
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Marreese Speights
C:  Nick Collison / Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Hill (IR)

I view Collison and Speights as PF/C hybrids, capable of playing either frontcourt slot. Having both allows us to bring Jonas along at the right pace.

Pleased to get Meeks at this point. I think his skill set complements Thabo well. We'll also work Lamb, and even Sessions, in a little bit at SG next to Lillard too.

Two picks tomorrow. Barring any major trades, I think this is pretty much where we're at.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #987 on: March 01, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I view Collison and Speights as PF/C hybrids, capable of playing either frontcourt slot. Having both allows us to bring Jonas along at the right pace.

Pleased to get Meeks at this point. I think his skill set complements Thabo well. We'll also work Lamb, and even Sessions, in a little bit at SG next to Lillard too.

Two picks tomorrow. Barring any major trades, I think this is pretty much where we're at.

I think you did a great job here. Still having trouble coming to terms with Thabo shooting 40% from 3 with more than 2 attempts per game. Almost seems unfair.

Personally Id rather have Batum at the 2, but in your lineup that's meaningless. Thabo and Batum can simply matchup against whichever opponent best suits their strength.

Collison, for all his advanced metric wonders, will still get eaten alive by a few select of centers, but against most, especially the none offensive threats and finesse centers, he'll do great.

The bench is populated with great promise.

Really well put together squad.

« Reply #988 on: March 01, 2013, 12:36:54 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Point of interest: To go with 16 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 7 for 8 shooting in a 1 point loss to the Clippers, Stephenson was +16, leading in +\- among the starters by more than 10 points. Danny Granger, who only played 18 minutes and shot .500 from the field, was a -25.

Lance Stephenson: better than you thought. The cavaliers: better than you deserve!

Kyrie/Isaiah Thomas
Stephenson/Ellington
Barnes/ Tobias Harris
Ryan Anderson/ Tobias Harris
Bynum/Zeller/Greg Smith

As the owner of the two best center prospects not named Bynum, i know I wouldn't have traded them for Varejo, so i think you did well especially if Zeller pans out.

« Reply #989 on: March 01, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

When jonas turns into a beast, this squad will be terrifying. you might as well start him now.