Author Topic: C's Would Benefit Even More With Another Depth Big/Bench Scorer  (Read 10183 times)

Re: C's Would Benefit Even More With Another Depth Big/Bench Scorer
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this team's one injury to a big away from being a bad front-court. we need depth there.

we've had the biggest win streak in the league with horrible bench scoring. it's not as bad as it could be.

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2017, 09:31:58 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Munroe is my first option, Okafor is my second.

I think our need is a bit more specific than just Big that can score... we need a big that can score while posting up. We need an alternative way to get points when the shots aren't falling and slow down the game.

This is Munroe's strength, but unless he's bought out by the Suns we won't be able to afford him.

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Chicago stinks and may be tanking I would love to get  Portis.   You could not get both, I would even consider offering Yabusele and  a choice of the following  (only one)

2018 our pick not lakers.

or

2019Memphis Grizzlies (If pick falls outside top-8)

or

Los Angeles Clippers (If pick falls outside top-14)

Chicago gets rid of their headache, we get a scorer big.   I doubt it would be enough to get him.

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2017, 11:34:50 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
We need a shooter not a big guy. belinelli is perfect. Last year of deal and can shoot plus it wouldn’t take much to get him. Win win all around
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Monroe has a lot more left in the tank than I anticipated. Definitely agree with the post above.....Monroe should be option #1 with our disabled player exception, and Okafor should be #2. Wouldn't mind Portis, but I think he has a more established ceiling as a player, where as Coach Stevens can tap in to Monroes or Okafors skillset as true, low post big men, and create a huge mismatch against many other teams come playoff time.

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2017, 11:40:08 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
We need a shooter not a big guy. belinelli is perfect. Last year of deal and can shoot plus it wouldn’t take much to get him. Win win all around

And also there’s not enough big guy minutes go to round now , Monroe doesn’t match up with anybody, can’t play him another big together, small lineups would kill that.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This is probably just a one year thing. Next year Hayward comes back. You'll have Morris and hopefully Baynes both coming off the bench, and I am sure Danny will find a way to get a another bench scorer.

I pray to the basketball gods the Lakers hit the lottery a 2 again and we get to draft Doncic to be our sixth man.

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
This is probably just a one year thing. Next year Hayward comes back. You'll have Morris and hopefully Baynes both coming off the bench, and I am sure Danny will find a way to get a another bench scorer.

I pray to the basketball gods the Lakers hit the lottery a 2 again and we get to draft Doncic to be our sixth man.

ok so next year looks like and correct me if i am wrong please........

KI
JB
GH
JT
AH

bench:

smart
morris
baynes
theis
NEW BENCH SCORER
semi
and fill ins after

I am assuming rozier will be traded.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

ok so next year looks like and correct me if i am wrong please........

KI
JB
GH
JT
AH

bench:

smart
morris
baynes
theis
NEW BENCH SCORER
semi
and fill ins after

I am assuming rozier will be traded.
Don't forget whoever we draft. Praying we can snag Ayton or Doncic. Ayton could be anything
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:49 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I think Chicago stinks and may be tanking I would love to get  Portis.   You could not get both, I would even consider offering Yabusele and  a choice of the following  (only one)

2018 our pick not lakers.

or

2019Memphis Grizzlies (If pick falls outside top-8)

or

Los Angeles Clippers (If pick falls outside top-14)

Chicago gets rid of their headache, we get a scorer big.   I doubt it would be enough to get him.

I will be mad if DA trades this for a 1-2 year rental. The Grizz are on a slow path towards being awful. By the time that pick becomes unprotected, Gasol will be 35/36 (already slowing down at 32) and conley will be 33/34 (point guards don't age well). That's if they stay around. They'll keep drafting mid 1st round and can't add real pieces to the declining vets they have left.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I will be mad if DA trades this for a 1-2 year rental

Somehow I think life goes on.   I just think we are a paper tiger if we don't get more bench scoring. 

Agree, its temporary but we also are not taking all those picks in the future as I see it.  Our lack of production of our bench is an issue for us and no one is stepping up.

I am hoping the pick pans as well.

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 11:11:07 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I will be mad if DA trades this for a 1-2 year rental

Somehow I think life goes on.   I just think we are a paper tiger if we don't get more bench scoring. 

Agree, its temporary but we also are not taking all those picks in the future as I see it.  Our lack of production of our bench is an issue for us and no one is stepping up.

I am hoping the pick pans as well.

I wouldnt mind giving gerald green another shot. he can at least put the ball in the basket unlike Rozier/smart.

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I wouldnt mind giving gerald green another shot. he can at least put the ball in the basket unlike Rozier/smart.

My son and me, wondered why we did not.   He would help us a lot more than say Nader.

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I agree and started a thread making this point a couple days ago. We need a shooter. Hired gun type.

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

My son and me, wondered why we did not.   He would help us a lot more than say Nader.
And they wouldn't even need to get rid of Nader. There's an open roster spot.