Author Topic: This is what sacrifice is (hope you listening Terry).  (Read 1391 times)

This is what sacrifice is (hope you listening Terry).
« on: May 14, 2019, 07:19:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Jaylen Brown, ladies and gents.

https://streamable.com/ekmn8
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: This is what sacrifice is (hope you listening Terry).
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This is what I wrote 2 hours ago without the knowledge that this video even existed:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=100009.msg2673112#msg2673112

The more I remember Rozier playing like he did and acting like he is, the more I appreciate Jaylen Brown. Brown struggled with his role, but he adapted and drowned out all the negativity and drama and turned into the best player version of himself in the process. After Brown healed up after being injured and relegated to the bench, he turned things around. He, Al and Morris were the team's best players in the playoffs.

And Brown isn't throwing people under the bus. He didn't complain about what happened. And he showed, he is a professional. Even his public push back of Kyrie's public criticism of the youth, in hindsight, shows better leadership than anything Kyrie did publicly.

Love Jaylen, though in some of his answers, it saddens me to see that, he doesn't seem all that thrilled with being in Boston. He doesn't say it but reading between the lines, he definitely appears to have some angst about his situation here, especially when you see his facial expressions when he answers some questions.

I hope he is a Celtic long term. Would have no problem watching him grow over the next six years in Boston.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:02:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
This is what I wrote 2 hours ago without the knowledge that this video even existed:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=100009.msg2673112#msg2673112

The more I remember Rozier playing like he did and acting like he is, the more I appreciate Jaylen Brown. Brown struggled with his role, but he adapted and drowned out all the negativity and drama and turned into the best player version of himself in the process. After Brown healed up after being injured and relegated to the bench, he turned things around. He, Al and Morris were the team's best players in the playoffs.

And Brown isn't throwing people under the bus. He didn't complain about what happened. And he showed, he is a professional. Even his public push back of Kyrie's public criticism of the youth, in hindsight, shows better leadership than anything Kyrie did publicly.

Love Jaylen, though in some of his answers, it saddens me to see that, he doesn't seem all that thrilled with being in Boston. He doesn't say it but reading between the lines, he definitely appears to have some angst about his situation here, especially when you see his facial expressions when he answers some questions.

I hope he is a Celtic long term. Would have no problem watching him grow over the next six years in Boston.

I think he just knows that the interviewer (Rachel?) knows he's being coy. Of course he'd love to start! But his maturity is knowing the right answer to give, to be humble and reiterate that he is going to try regardless.

I'm excited about his 4th year. I think it'll be similar to Marcus when he starts to demand a bigger role on the team, and Stevens won't be able to not play him

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:06:17 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Rozier and Brown are the only two guys to ever complain about bench role or the possibility of it this season, and they have both been a problem in the locker room, Brown seemed to figure it out a little bit at the end , as for Rozier..

Brown+Rozier+all picks for AD and we will be good again

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 06:19:42 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Rozier and Brown are the only two guys to ever complain about bench role or the possibility of it this season, and they have both been a problem in the locker room, Brown seemed to figure it out a little bit at the end , as for Rozier..

I dont think Brown has ever complained about his role.

He called out Kyrie on a comment once....and he was right.

Rozier for certain is the only player we know outwardly complained about their role on the team.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 06:21:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Can you provide some quote of Brown complaining about it? Because I don't remember this
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 02:09:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Can you provide some quote of Brown complaining about it? Because I don't remember this

Complaining is the wrong word, he said it was the hardest thing he's had to deal with, having higher expectations of himself and then being asked to play a lesser role.

“It’s probably been the hardest thing I’ve had to deal with so far in my career,” Brown told ESPN’s Jackie MacMullan in an article Wednesday about the Celtics forward’s new role on the team.

“Just coming from a position where you had so much responsibility, and now that responsibility is lessened,” he said. “Expectations have been raised, but your responsibility goes down, so it’s hard to reach those expectations when you aren’t being asked to do as much.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/12/12/jaylen-brown-bench-challenge
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D