Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68751 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
And now lavar has pulled liangelo out of UCLA basketball.

Final UCLA stats: 0 minutes, 0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks and 1 steal.  ;D
hes going to shop liangelo to which college produced the largest paycheck
“This is a ball brother man. Your tv ratings are gonna skyrocket. We need $500k or we go to another school”

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
New theory.

In the middle of the night representatives from the FBI, CIA, Skull and Bones, the Illuminati, the Boy Scouts, the nuns, the Volturi, the Men in Black, Star Fleet, the Justice League, the American League, the National League, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen entered LaVar Ball's house, found him eating pork rinds on the couch and said "We need you for a very special mission. Nobody can know. The people aren't ready.  We have 2 Hobbits on a mission to Mount Doom and we need you to keep the eye of Trump fixed on you. You can say whatever you want to say. Tweet whatever you will, but keep all his attention fixed on you.  You see.....President Trump is possessed of the spirit of Sauron. If the Hobbits don't succeed the age of the Orc shall be upon us."

To which LaVar said "So basically you just want me to sorta be a jerk?"

And they said "Yeah. Be yourself. Can you do that?"

And he said "I'm actually a bigger jerk than Stalin. I was a jerk way before the president and way better than any other jerk. If I wanted my sons to major in jerkdom they'd be jerkier than Jamaican jerk cooking or even Steve Martin in the movie The Jerk. I invented the dance Jerkin. It's like Twerking, but different.  I can...."

And then they all said "Thanks." and left.

TP!

truly made me laugh out loud

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Liangelo is two letters and an apostrophe away from being a sandwich shop.  I wonder if Lavar grilled ;) ::) :laugh: him about the shoplifting incident. *groan*

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
UPDATE:
Seems like LaMelo - like LiAngelo - isn't going to play for UCLA next season:
@Sportando
LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball have been offered to Croatian champions @KKCedevita, per source.
The two Ball brothers have also been offered to some Japanese teams

@GuillaumeVIZADE
Also been offered to french teams proA-proB. "Money is not the prblm but they want to play together, and will give exposure to the teams"
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Final UCLA stats: 0 minutes, 0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks and 1 steal.  ;D
Ohhhhhhh! Please tweet that everywhere funny

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Ohhhhhhh! Please tweet that everywhere funny

His per-36 steals is infinity!!

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
ESPN just posted a followup story with timeline on this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22614341/liangelo-lavar-ball-donald-trump-shoplifting-scandal-rocked-ucla-ncaa-basketball-season

Fun detail - charges against the players had been dropped, passports returned and their flight home had been booked 2 days BEFORE Gen. Kelly called them for the first time informing them that Trump was getting involved on their behalf and the whole political half of this mess started.  Shocker.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
ESPN just posted a followup story with timeline on this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22614341/liangelo-lavar-ball-donald-trump-shoplifting-scandal-rocked-ucla-ncaa-basketball-season

Fun detail - charges against the players had been dropped, passports returned and their flight home had been booked 2 days BEFORE Gen. Kelly called them for the first time informing them that Trump was getting involved on their behalf and the whole political half of this mess started.  Shocker.

Ball in the Family..