Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68790 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
11/22
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/933280234220134401
"It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man’s version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think..
LaVar, you could have spent the next 5 to 10 years during Thanksgiving with your son in China, but no NBA contract to support you. But remember LaVar, shoplifting is NOT a little thing. It’s a really big deal, especially in China. Ungrateful fool!"

How Presidential.
if ever there were 2 morons in more need of a **** slap than these 2, I don't know who they'd be.

I’m so glad they turned on each other, it’s like an early Xmas gift, soooo entertaining!

Exactly. Whether or not you are against trump or the ball family, no one can deny this back and forth between the 2 is hilarious

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I’m so glad they turned on each other, it’s like an early Xmas gift, soooo entertaining!

Its a match made in heaven...Battle of the blowhards!

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Figured this was a good place to post this:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21667748/lavar-ball-pulls-son-liangelo-ball-ucla

"We are exploring other options with Gelo," LaVar Ball said. "He's out of there...I'm going to make him way better for the draft than UCLA ever could have."

This could get even more interesting...

Note: LaMelo is still committed to UCLA

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21667748/lavar-ball-pulls-son-liangelo-ball-ucla

"We are exploring other options with Gelo," LaVar Ball said. "He's out of there...I'm going to make him way better for the draft than UCLA ever could have."

I can’t see even a G-League team wanting this exposure...

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Can UCLA just refuse to let LaMelo into their school?

IF so, then I hope they do lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I'm sure UCLA would love the one-year circus that is LaMelo Ball - it also doesn't hurt that he may be the best of the Ball brothers. They will get all kinds of attention that they otherwise wouldn't have. Frankly, I think the only reason these kids didn't immediately get kicked off the team after China was because LiAngelo is a huge name.

I suppose this is the equivalent of a player skipping college and hiring a personal trainer. I am not sure how this will work out for LiAngelo (I don't think the actual shoplifting incident should have any impact on his being drafted), but he better show real promise or you are probably right that no team will want him (err, I mean, Lavar) near their locker room.

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Why couldn't LiAngelo just drop out of UCLA and go play for some non-NBA pro team.  Maybe the Harlem Globetrotters?

My understanding is that LaMelo's commitment to UCLA is verbal.  It makes things complicated but probably not legally binding.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm sure UCLA would love the one-year circus that is LaMelo Ball - it also doesn't hurt that he may be the best of the Ball brothers. They will get all kinds of attention that they otherwise wouldn't have. Frankly, I think the only reason these kids didn't immediately get kicked off the team after China was because LiAngelo is a huge name.

I suppose this is the equivalent of a player skipping college and hiring a personal trainer. I am not sure how this will work out for LiAngelo (I don't think the actual shoplifting incident should have any impact on his being drafted), but he better show real promise or you are probably right that no team will want him (err, I mean, Lavar) near their locker room.

I don’t think anyone expects LaMelo at UCLA or any other college at this point.  I doubt he’d even meet amateur-eligibility requirements thanks to his shoe line (courtesy of his father).

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Why couldn't LiAngelo just drop out of UCLA and go play for some non-NBA pro team.  Maybe the Harlem Globetrotters?

My understanding is that LaMelo's commitment to UCLA is verbal.  It makes things complicated but probably not legally binding.

heck, maybe lamelo can go play in china!!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

heck, maybe lamelo can go play in china!!!!  ;D

Him and Sullinger would just be too much for the other teams to handle. Unfair.

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Eja is Cassandra over here. Eja is always right, but nobody listens to him. The key is to realize there is no spoon.

None of this would ever have happened if everyone had listened to me and voted for Tim Tebow.

I hate you guys. I'm going home.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
New theory.

In the middle of the night representatives from the FBI, CIA, Skull and Bones, the Illuminati, the Boy Scouts, the nuns, the Volturi, the Men in Black, Star Fleet, the Justice League, the American League, the National League, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen entered LaVar Ball's house, found him eating pork rinds on the couch and said "We need you for a very special mission. Nobody can know. The people aren't ready.  We have 2 Hobbits on a mission to Mount Doom and we need you to keep the eye of Trump fixed on you. You can say whatever you want to say. Tweet whatever you will, but keep all his attention fixed on you.  You see.....President Trump is possessed of the spirit of Sauron. If the Hobbits don't succeed the age of the Orc shall be upon us."

To which LaVar said "So basically you just want me to sorta be a jerk?"

And they said "Yeah. Be yourself. Can you do that?"

And he said "I'm actually a bigger jerk than Stalin. I was a jerk way before the president and way better than any other jerk. If I wanted my sons to major in jerkdom they'd be jerkier than Jamaican jerk cooking or even Steve Martin in the movie The Jerk. I invented the dance Jerkin. It's like Twerking, but different.  I can...."

And then they all said "Thanks." and left.

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Is there one person on the planet who wouldn't pay to see Lavar Ball vs Trump in a boxing match?

Can Dana White or the boxing federation line this up???

All proceeds go to covfefe deprived children around the world.

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
And now lavar has pulled liangelo out of UCLA basketball.

Final UCLA stats: 0 minutes, 0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks and 1 steal.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
And now lavar has pulled liangelo out of UCLA basketball.

Final UCLA stats: 0 minutes, 0 points, 0 assists, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks and 1 steal.  ;D

100 tp's!   ;D