Author Topic: Former Celtics to fill out the roster with...  (Read 3161 times)

Re: Former Celtics to fill out the roster with...
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Decent is a stretch.  Perhaps servicable?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/semih_erden/

He never got minutes in Boston and in Cleveland,
He obviously has talent.
Just needs more time out there.
He is decent, not very good, not very bad. Decent.

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
gody!!!! ;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Gody plays with a lot of heart; I'd even give Powe another run.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 09:42:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Tony Battie was still looking for a job at the beginning of the season.  Celtics need a big.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Decent is a stretch.  Perhaps servicable?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/semih_erden/

I wouldn't mind.  Kinda like him when he was here and throught he was a tough, hard working kid.  Was sad to see him go.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 10:32:26 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I think Dooling is coming back if there are no trades.

I don't think so.  He's not even working out so he's no where near in playing shape.  Not being in paying shpae is one of the reasons Ainge gave for being hesitant to sign West.   

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Jajuan Johnson (NBDL)
Sean Williams (NBDL)
Luke Harangody (NBDL)
Carlos Arroyo (Overseas)
Semih Erden (Overseas)
Von Wafer (Overseas)
Nenad Krstic (Overseas)
Delonte West (Free Agent)

I would pass on West even though he is the most talented of the bunch. What about Arroyo, Krstic and Erden? I think these guys could help. Is it too difficult to get them out of their current deals? I'm not sure if it is possible. Let's say we had to stick with NBDL guys, I think bringing back Jajuan and Sean Williams would make sense.

Thoughts?
Why do you assume that players that are under contract overseas will just drop everything at the opportunity to warm our bench?

It's no longer 1989.

Man, you come into every thread with your dukes up huh?

Ya I've noticed that too
I have no idea what "dukes" are or why they should be "up". But it's been a fact for years now that a lot of Europeans that project as mid- to low-level rotation guys stay in Europe, mostly because:

(1) the salary is comparable, if not better;
(2) the level of stress is nowhere near this of an NBA schedule (most notably, less games and less travel);
(3) they're closer to home.

So while I understand the "inertia" of thinking the NBA is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone dreams of the rigors of NBA season and nothing else, I'd like to assure you that players like Erden, Krstic and even Carlos Arroyo will most likely not be willing to come back to the NBA at this point.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Jajuan Johnson (NBDL)
Sean Williams (NBDL)
Luke Harangody (NBDL)
Carlos Arroyo (Overseas)
Semih Erden (Overseas)
Von Wafer (Overseas)
Nenad Krstic (Overseas)
Delonte West (Free Agent)

I would pass on West even though he is the most talented of the bunch. What about Arroyo, Krstic and Erden? I think these guys could help. Is it too difficult to get them out of their current deals? I'm not sure if it is possible. Let's say we had to stick with NBDL guys, I think bringing back Jajuan and Sean Williams would make sense.

Thoughts?
Why do you assume that players that are under contract overseas will just drop everything at the opportunity to warm our bench?

It's no longer 1989.

Man, you come into every thread with your dukes up huh?

Ya I've noticed that too
I have no idea what "dukes" are or why they should be "up". But it's been a fact for years now that a lot of Europeans that project as mid- to low-level rotation guys stay in Europe, mostly because:

(1) the salary is comparable, if not better;
(2) the level of stress is nowhere near this of an NBA schedule (most notably, less games and less travel);
(3) they're closer to home.

So while I understand the "inertia" of thinking the NBA is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone dreams of the rigors of NBA season and nothing else, I'd like to assure you that players like Erden, Krstic and even Carlos Arroyo will most likely not be willing to come back to the NBA at this point.

You went off-topic to chastise an argument I’m not even engaging in. That seems to be your shtick here.
The only color that matters is GREEN