Author Topic: Thunder (33-18) at Celtics (33-19) Game #53 2/3/19  (Read 23053 times)

Re: Thunder (33-18) at Celtics (33-19) Game #53 2/3/19
« Reply #480 on: February 04, 2019, 10:18:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yesterday's game is just another reason I don't understand the somewhat irrational pettiness that comes from the Irving detractors. 

Kyrie was amazing.  Most fans would kill to have a talent like this dress in their team uniform.

He fills up the Stat sheets and the seats regularly  ,  is on TV in Green all the time representing Boston ....what more do people want .  Yes he is a bit eccentric acting , with his comments....many of the great people and thinkers of the world have been like that,  bizarre thoughts sometimes. I think that personality bothers some people .  For me it makes him more interesting. Its good for business and media is business too and they eat it up . It sucks not having KG type players for people to come see .  Kyrie is worth twice what he is paid by the franchise money wise or more.

and yes he is human and allowed to have a bad run now and then too ::)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:32:48 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #481 on: February 04, 2019, 10:23:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yesterday's game is just another reason I don't understand the somewhat irrational pettiness that comes from the Irving detractors. 

Kyrie was amazing.  Most fans would kill to have a talent like this dress in their team uniform.
People make their opinions, then why change?

Kyrie had a lot of stinkers in Cleveland early in his career as far as chucking and overall effort (D and off ball stuff). He's gotten so much better in those areas and remains special with the ball in his hands.

I know my opinion has changed a lot after seeing him on a more regular basis and with the rounding out of his game other than scoring.

« Reply #482 on: February 04, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Anyone noticed how well our "original" lineup of Horford, Tatum, Brown, Irving and Hayward played? I think it was late 3rd, when OKC came  close and this lineup extended the lead back to 9 or 10. I really liked what I saw from them, especially on defense, very switchy lineup.
Didn't notice that in particular, however some people are concerned that Hayward and Brown together on the floor is not a good combo.  Some stats would be useful to shed light on this.

« Reply #483 on: February 04, 2019, 12:21:55 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Anyone noticed how well our "original" lineup of Horford, Tatum, Brown, Irving and Hayward played? I think it was late 3rd, when OKC came  close and this lineup extended the lead back to 9 or 10. I really liked what I saw from them, especially on defense, very switchy lineup.
Didn't notice that in particular, however some people are concerned that Hayward and Brown together on the floor is not a good combo.  Some stats would be useful to shed light on this.

Doesn't look like it actually happened (at least when CelticsPoetry said it did), looking at the play-by-play Brown subbed in for Tatum in the 3rd (so obviously not on the court together then). 

But it looks like 4 of the 5 had some time together.

Irving/Tatum/Hayward/Horford played together from 5:31 left in the 3rd to 2:51, for a +7.

Irving/Brown/Hayward/Horford played together from 2:51 left in the 3rd to 1:32, for a -1.

Something I don't think I've been paying attention to during C's games, but now I'm definitely going to start paying attention to see if all 5 are ever on the court together.

I know some people think that's eventually going to be the starting 5 again sometime in the playoffs, but I don't know if Stevens has even been running them together ever.  Something to definitely watch for.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #484 on: February 04, 2019, 12:47:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
we can hang with anybody with Smart , Kyrie , Horford and Tatum completely healthy and happy . 

Its when the second unit comes in things can get out hand really quick.

I would still like to see A good defensive center that Allows Al to play PF.

And honestly would like to see Smart back on the bench,.

I LOVE smart and like what he is bringing in the starting lineup, but Im thinking the bench needs his presence right now, bench needs a leader...Rozier, Brown, Hayward, hopefully Morris (after getting a starting center), and Baynes needs a leader out there with them, that is why switching brown and smart makes sense.

I dont think Hayward will be a leader anytime soon, nor do I think he will be a good nba player any time soon again due to his fragile mindset and I think playing with Smart will do him good in getting over that hurdle
Wow!!! Fragile mindset??? Because he isn't recovering fast enough from a gruesome injury???

Ever had a gruesome injury you need to rehab before getting back to 100%? I did. I was 19 and had part of my finger crushed off. 3 surgeries including needing to graft a piece of my hip to my finger to get the break to heal and 8 months later I still had a finger and hand that wasn't right and it wasn't for a while.   

Not everyone heals the same whether healing physically or mentally and if you heal slower mentally, that doesn't make you fragile mentally.

« Reply #485 on: February 04, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
we can hang with anybody with Smart , Kyrie , Horford and Tatum completely healthy and happy . 

I LOVE smart and like what he is bringing in the starting lineup, but Im thinking the bench needs his presence right now, bench needs a leader...Rozier, Brown, Hayward, hopefully Morris (after getting a starting center), and Baynes needs a leader out there with them, that is why switching brown and smart makes sense.

I dont think Hayward will be a leader anytime soon, nor do I think he will be a good nba player any time soon again due to his fragile mindset and I think playing with Smart will do him good in getting over that hurdle
Wow!!! Fragile mindset??? Because he isn't recovering fast enough from a gruesome injury???

Ever had a gruesome injury you need to rehab before getting back to 100%? I did. I was 19 and had part of my finger crushed off. 3 surgeries including needing to graft a piece of my hip to my finger to get the break to heal and 8 months later I still had a finger and hand that wasn't right and it wasn't for a while.   

Not everyone heals the same whether healing physically or mentally and if you heal slower mentally, that doesn't make you fragile mentally.

He is fragile mentally. ((of a person) not strong or sturdy; delicate and vulnerable.) Im not trying to personally attack the guy or anything, but he isnt there right now.

He is getting exposed and it is taking a toll. Its very easy to see by just watching him on the court. He doesn't even seem to be enjoying himself out there.

It shows.

I'm not faulting him, but it is what it is. He has some major demons to work through on the court mentally. He is not strong there right now.

He has even said as much himself

« Reply #486 on: February 04, 2019, 01:09:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He is fragile mentally. ((of a person) not strong or sturdy; delicate and vulnerable.) Im not trying to personally attack the guy or anything, but he isnt there right now.

He is getting exposed and it is taking a toll. Its very easy to see by just watching him on the court. He doesn't even seem to be enjoying himself out there.

It shows.

I'm not faulting him, but it is what it is. He has some major demons to work through on the court mentally. He is not strong there right now.

First...thanks for the definition of
fragile. That wasn't insulting to my intelligence or anything.

Second....Again...Wow!!!

And he hasn't admitted he is mentally fragile. He has said he still doesn't have 100% confidence in the leg and ankle. That is not even close to admitting he is mentally fragile.

I think you might be confusing mental fragility with lack of confidence.

« Reply #487 on: February 04, 2019, 01:17:37 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

It shows.

First...thanks for the definition of
fragile. That wasn't insulting to my intelligence or anything.

Second....Again...Wow!!!

And he hasn't admitted he is mentally fragile. He has said he still doesn't have 100% confidence in the leg and ankle. That is not even close to admitting he is mentally fragile.

I think you might be confusing mental fragility with lack of confidence.

weakness = fragility

he has the deer in the headlights look on the court.
Nothing like his former self.
Nothing

Irving (November), Smart have both been vocal telling him to get aggressive. Smart got into with him in a practice, Irving yelled at him on the court.

When was the last time you saw Gordon smiling on the court?

George pointing out and stating positive things for Gordon, unnamed players stating he is a hindrance, team chemistry getting messed up as a result of him.

He has a broken mind right now. Lack of Confidence, self doubt, fear, impatience, disappointment, etc.

Far more than just confidence issues.

He really should be seeing someone

« Reply #488 on: February 04, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Irving/Tatum/Hayward/Horford played together from 5:31 left in the 3rd to 2:51, for a +7.

Irving/Brown/Hayward/Horford played together from 2:51 left in the 3rd to 1:32, for a -1.

Who was the 5th in those times?

« Reply #489 on: February 04, 2019, 02:52:39 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Great win. Theis Theis Baby!!

Just when some are saying that we need to trade for another big, Theis comes up big with no Baynes.

Way to go, Theis.

Nice. TP

« Reply #490 on: February 04, 2019, 04:14:15 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Doesn't look like it actually happened (at least when CelticsPoetry said it did), looking at the play-by-play Brown subbed in for Tatum in the 3rd (so obviously not on the court together then). 

Something I don't think I've been paying attention to during C's games, but now I'm definitely going to start paying attention to see if all 5 are ever on the court together.

I know some people think that's eventually going to be the starting 5 again sometime in the playoffs, but I don't know if Stevens has even been running them together ever.  Something to definitely watch for.
Yeah sorry, I rewatched the quarter, they never played together, it was Irving, Hayward, Horford, Smart and Brown/Tatum. Either way, I liked what I saw. Great defense, under control offense, they dictated the tempo of the game.

Who was the 5th in those times?
Smart.

« Reply #491 on: February 04, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Kyrie is out tomorrow @ CLE (left hip strain)

« Reply #492 on: February 04, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I wonder why they don't just call it rest
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2019, 06:17:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Idk

Maybe to circumvent the rest limits, maybe horford or others can rest too

« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2019, 06:23:14 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Idk

Maybe to circumvent the rest limits, maybe horford or others can rest too
Should we be worried or is it just a precaution? He definitely didnt look limited out there last game