Author Topic: Eminem punked bad at the Movie Awards?  (Read 15753 times)

Re: Eminem punked bad at the Movie Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well yeah, maybe throwin some punches would be justified if this happened to you in say..a Denny's. This happened to Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards...if you take yourself that seriously at the MTV movie awards, you shouldn't go to begin with.

Exactly.  This is entertainment.  He is an entertainer.  If he can't take it, then he shouldn't be there. 

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
2 Things.
1- This was definitly staged. and pretty funny.
2- Relapse is pretty [dang] good.
Green 18!

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:37:10 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Definitely fake

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
MTV even zoomed in on Eminem while Cohen was just starting his entrance.  Definitely seemed fake to give publicity to both of them.

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well yeah, maybe throwin some punches would be justified if this happened to you in say..a Denny's. This happened to Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards...if you take yourself that seriously at the MTV movie awards, you shouldn't go to begin with.

Exactly.  This is entertainment.  He is an entertainer.  If he can't take it, then he shouldn't be there. 

I disagree.  In the outside world, what Cohen did amounts to a sexual assault.  Putting your bare rear end within inches of another person's face isn't really acceptable behavior, even as "entertainment".  If Eminem went up and groped Beyonce's breasts, should she just laugh it off?  I don't think so.  If you feel violated, you feel violated.  If Eminem wasn't in on this, I think Cohen and MTV crossed the line.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 09:24:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I reposted the full youtube version on the first page. If you haven't scene it check it out before Viacom starts whining.

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Fake.

And dumb.  Every time I see Sacha Baron Cohen, it reminds me that I'm getting old.  I'm OK with that, because his schtick is LAME.  I'd rather be old than find that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. funny!

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

If Eminem wasn't in on this, I think Cohen and MTV crossed the line.

This is right on

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Fake.

And dumb.  Every time I see Sacha Baron Cohen, it reminds me that I'm getting old.  I'm OK with that, because his schtick is LAME.  I'd rather be old than find that **** funny!

every time i see him, im reminded he only had one funny bit, and all the rest of his characters suck.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
gimme a break. Eminem is a big girl. "Screw you guys I'm goin home!" He picks on everyone in hollywood, but he's so fragile a little t-baggin sends him leaving like a 14 yr old that spilled her drink on herself at a dance. WHat a tool.

Disagree completely.  i think it took a decent amount of restraint not to create a violent incident.  I think it was a good idea to just leave.  Someone does that to me, im knocking them out

Completely agreed. if he'd done it to me he'd have lost it. But it was completely hilarious.

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 09:43:42 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Definitely fake

I don't know man. Em looked pretty mad
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:58:13 AM by eja117 »

Re: Eminem punked bad at the Movie Awards?
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

I must've missed the entertainment part.  This purveyor of hate-filled garbage should be treated like garbage.

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I must've missed the entertainment part.  This purveyor of hate-filled garbage should be treated like garbage.

yep, looks like you missed it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:37 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I think it was a metaphor for anyone who still watches MTV.  Tune in, and you're getting a face full of ass.  That's what you get for watching an awards show that names Twilight the best movie of the year.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:58 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't even care, I am so tired of Eminem.  Anyone who calls this guy the greatest rapper of all time must not listen to rap because Jay-Z and Nas are much better then him in my opinion.  Also, I'm kind of glad this was done, all Eminem does is run his mouth about other people, I'm glad he can be the joke this time.  Also, this award show has got to be the worst award show ever, Twilight over Dark Knight?  I don't think I even need to say anything about it.
do it