Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280625 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #3255 on: June 01, 2018, 02:01:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its sad how fixed this is to give lebron an advantage...Anyone notice lebrons violating  free throw rules every time he's at the line?

rule states that the shooter has to wait for the ball to make contact with the rim or backboard prior to entering the lane, and LeBron keeps stepping into the paint prior to the ball touching anything on literally almost every single shot attempt.

I'm kinda amazed that the refs have swallowed their whistles. Actually no I'm not

Side note

« Reply #3256 on: June 01, 2018, 02:05:09 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game how Curry had that look of hurt on his face when James pushed him aside and didn't acknowledge that he was on his level? The emotional pain for Curry in that moment was real.

Huh?  He was smiling and laughing.

Yes. Curry tried to play it off cool. But read his body language there for a split second. He is wearing the pain.
I think you're misreading the situation. Didn't see that at all

Curry looks like a child who just got told "no" in that moment. It's priceless.

Really?
Yeah, what? Not seeing that at all, just seems like harmless trash talk, with LeBron sulking if anything

I agree with everyone else, seems like you are just projecting. Weird to think curry was upset as his team won the game...?

« Reply #3257 on: June 01, 2018, 02:30:06 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Its sad how fixed this is to give lebron an advantage...Anyone notice lebrons violating  free throw rules every time he's at the line?

rule states that the shooter has to wait for the ball to make contact with the rim or backboard prior to entering the lane, and LeBron keeps stepping into the paint prior to the ball touching anything on literally almost every single shot attempt.

I'm kinda amazed that the refs have swallowed their whistles. Actually no I'm not

Side note

That is clearly a great advantage... BTW he went 10/11 ft.

The hate in here......

« Reply #3258 on: June 01, 2018, 02:35:14 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I stole this from Twitter.

I believe that this is 100% accurate!

« Reply #3259 on: June 01, 2018, 02:40:58 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Side note

IT did that too and never got called.

I don't recall you complaining then
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3260 on: June 01, 2018, 03:43:01 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Between Curry pouting and LeBron whining for every calls I don't know who I can't stand.

Wish a meteor struck this game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3261 on: June 01, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I couldn't imagine being a Cavaliers fan and watching that game last night. There were so many things that would have made my head explode.
1. The referees were blatantly making wrong calls in favor of the Warriors. Last night's game reminded me of the Mavs v Heat series, and game 7 of the 2010 Celtics v Lakers as being the most memorably one-sided bad refereed games in Finals history.
2. I was surprised LeBron didn't take Curry to the rim at the end of regulation, but he did make a potential game winning pass to George Hill.
3. Speaking of which, George Hill didn't look comfortable taking those free throws. He was obviously nervous.
4. How can someone not know the score towards the end of a game, especially after coming out of a time out?
5. How did Coach Lue not call a timeout? After Smith rebounded the ball and took that long dribble away from the rim, it was obvious to even me that Smith didn't know the score and was trying to run out the clock.
6. The look on LeBron's face after Smith dribbled out the clock was priceless. Without saying a word, his face said between Hill missing the free throw and you (Smith), this is why everyone assumes I'm leaving. Your useless.
7. Draymond Green was mocking the Cavs bench in OT after the game was basically decided. It was such a punk move and was a total classless act. The fact that it happened after the epic failure at the end of regulation by Hill and Smith, only made it worse for the Cavs and their fans.

« Reply #3262 on: June 01, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I think that any chance for Cleveland to take the series went down the drain with that loss last night.

I thought Lebron's post-game interview was interesting. He was clearly deflated from that loss, and he admitted that the Cavs played about as good as they can on the road (also catching GS on an off night), yet they were still unable to beat them in GS down the stretch due to several dumb plays by his teammates.

I will say that this postseason has given me more respect for Lebron as a player. I've always known that he's an all-time great, but how he's carrying this team in the playoffs and still giving them good shots to win games is insane. Still don't like him as a Celtics fan, though.

Also have to say that I think last night's game will go a long way in Lebron leaving this summer. Seeing that his teammates simply can't be counted on in big moments will make a place like Houston very attractive to him.

« Reply #3263 on: June 01, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Also have to say that I think last night's game will go a long way in Lebron leaving this summer. Seeing that his teammates simply can't be counted on in big moments will make a place like Houston very attractive to him.
If he stays its because CLE has worked some magic to get a largely different cast around him.

I don't see that as viable but that would be what they are going to try and sell him.

« Reply #3264 on: June 01, 2018, 11:10:06 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
James best move is to Houston. James really wants to dethrone the Warriors. Joining forces with the Rockets gives him a great chance.

I do not see Philly as a realistic option. There is no chance he returns to Cleveland with this cast of characters

« Reply #3265 on: June 01, 2018, 11:12:35 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

Apparently, you have never seen James Harden in big moments. Harden makes JR Smith look like Larry Bird in big games.

« Reply #3266 on: June 01, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
I have to mention this again, but the refs were beyond terrible last night. It was so bad, that it should be a fireball offense. Refereeing that bad is what made a guy like Tim Donaghy blend in so well and for so long in the league, and he was found guilty of betting and fixing games.

« Reply #3267 on: June 01, 2018, 11:24:13 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Apparently, you have never seen James Harden in big moments. Harden makes JR Smith look like Larry Bird in big games.

Well, there's a difference between "can't be counted on in big moments" and having poor decision-making/shot selection at times. I don't think you'd see Harden make that big of a brain fart at the end of a game. Throw up an ill-advised 30 foot three? Definitely. But I think he has more game awareness than to lose track of the score in the final seconds of the game.

But beyond that, I was mainly talking about Paul and the other high end role playing vets that they have. Paul, Ariza, Tucker, and Gordon are all much more reliable down the stretch and over the course of a game than Cleveland's supporting cast.

« Reply #3268 on: June 01, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
James best move is to Houston. James really wants to dethrone the Warriors. Joining forces with the Rockets gives him a great chance.

I do not see Philly as a realistic option. There is no chance he returns to Cleveland with this cast of characters
The Sixers can create the cap space to sign Lebron.  Houston would have to work a sign and trade with the Cavs which is really not feasible.  They don't have anything the Cavs would want and Anderson's ugly contract would have to be included to salary match. 

« Reply #3269 on: June 01, 2018, 07:02:19 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Saw a tweet that Lebron has made 245 FGs this post season.  The next highest Cav is Love at 92.