Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280620 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #3210 on: June 01, 2018, 12:13:48 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The funniest part of this game was when they reviewed the charge and made it a blocking foul on Lebron

I thought it was a block. He was still moving and sidewards....

Yup.  It was the correct call.

The league needs to take the option away for referees to review and change foul calls. Fouls should should be made in real time. You could nitpick every charge call because it's easier to notice a defender moving in slow motion. That was bush league to change that charge, and a total cowardly move.

It is fair to dislike the rule, but it is currently the rule.  The refs would not be doing their jobs if they did not review and correct it.

« Reply #3211 on: June 01, 2018, 12:17:19 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
The funniest part of this game was when they reviewed the charge and made it a blocking foul on Lebron

The league needs to take the option away for referees to review and change foul calls. Fouls should should be made in real time. You could nitpick every charge call because it's easier to notice a defender moving in slow motion. That was bush league to change that charge, and a total cowardly move.

It is fair to dislike the rule, but it is currently the rule.  The refs would not be doing their jobs if they did not review and correct it.

I thought the two refs disagreed with the call in real time and that's why they reviewed it?

« Reply #3212 on: June 01, 2018, 12:18:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Funny? That single call may have thrown the series

It was clearly the correct call. James was definitely moving.

But it is pretty ridiculous that they can change that. I thought they could only look to see if he was in the restricted area, not actually change the entire call when NOT in the restricted zone.

Yep that’s what’s funny about it. I didn’t know they could change that.

Replay Review (Callahan): if LeBron James was in the restricted area, as well as in legal guarding position, after he drew an offensive foul on Kevin Durant in Q4 of #CLEatGSW. Ruling: Overturned to blocking foul, James was not in legal guarding position.

https://twitter.com/nbaofficial/status/1002394807560523776?s=21

I did know they could change that either ......i agree it was dang funny beacuse of Bron ......but Smith and the choke freethrow was super epic NBA at its finest...LOL

« Reply #3213 on: June 01, 2018, 12:18:56 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I thought the two refs disagreed with the call in real time and that's why they reviewed it?

The refs did disagree. 

« Reply #3214 on: June 01, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

The refs did disagree.

Thanks, That's how I remembered it...

« Reply #3215 on: June 01, 2018, 12:20:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
thoses sorry refs will get ZERo Xmas bonus from Bron or Silver this year.

« Reply #3216 on: June 01, 2018, 12:21:00 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I didn't think the officiating was clearly slanted towards GSW. There were clear calls missed in both directions. Part of the reason why it might seem slanted is Jackson and Breen's refusal ever to say anything remotely critical of Lebron and the Cavs. They have just been awful.
Its like Jackson is rehearsing to be Lebron's next coach. VanGundy and Jackson should step aside and let Reggie Miller and Doris Burke finish it out.

Please, god, no, lol ;D.

« Reply #3217 on: June 01, 2018, 12:22:22 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tony Brothers

Gift that keeps on giving

Although I think they should have called it a block to start with

« Reply #3218 on: June 01, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I didn't think the officiating was clearly slanted towards GSW. There were clear calls missed in both directions. Part of the reason why it might seem slanted is Jackson and Breen's refusal ever to say anything remotely critical of Lebron and the Cavs. They have just been awful.
Its like Jackson is rehearsing to be Lebron's next coach. VanGundy and Jackson should step aside and let Reggie Miller and Doris Burke finish it out.

Please, god, no, lol ;D.

Anything and I mean anything is better than listening to Mark Jackson. I rather have a feed to a goat chewing on a tin can than listen to Jackson. How did he ever coach a team. He has the lowest BBQ IQ of any announcer I have ever heard.

« Reply #3219 on: June 01, 2018, 12:24:10 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Please, god, no, lol ;D.

Anything and I mean anything is better than listening to Mark Jackson. I rather have a feed to a goat chewing on a tin can than listen to Jackson. How did he ever coach a team. He has the lowest BBQ IQ of any announcer I have ever heard.
Doris Burke is hardly better. I like Reggie when he's complaining about the officials calling soft fouls though.

Can Mark Jackson, Burke and Breen just please, please leave
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3220 on: June 01, 2018, 12:24:49 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I can't find a replay of Thompson pushing that ball into Draymond with, what looked like, a closed fist, anyone?

« Reply #3221 on: June 01, 2018, 12:26:46 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
The way Lebron carries his team only to have his coach's and teammates' ineptitude cost him the win at the end reminds me a lot of Brady and the Patriots.

« Reply #3222 on: June 01, 2018, 12:26:47 AM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Lebron James is the best basketball player I've ever seen. Amazing.

You start watching basketball in 2018?   :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #3223 on: June 01, 2018, 12:27:16 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Lebron James is the best basketball player I've ever seen. Amazing.

You start watching basketball in 2018?   :laugh: :laugh:

No. He has never been as good as he is right now in my opinion.

« Reply #3224 on: June 01, 2018, 12:27:26 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I can't find a replay of Thompson pushing that ball into Draymond with, what looked like, a closed fist, anyone?

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/1002396506601787392