Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280646 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2190 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:44 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I wonder, if Houston loses this series in 4 or 5 and CLE DOESN'T win it all, does that entice Lebron to go Houston? Maybe CP3 and Harden sell him as the "missing piece" to take down Golden State. IMO that's better for us than Lebron going Lakers or Sixers.

Lebron can't play off of the ball, though, so I can't see as to how such an arrangement would work, like at all, but then again, I thought the same of the CP3-Harden pairing, although at least Chris Paul can shoot, lol ;D.

Maybe, but then how would he fit in PHI lol? And Simmons can't really play off-ball because he can't shoot.

He wouldn't ;D.

I wonder, if Houston loses this series in 4 or 5 and CLE DOESN'T win it all, does that entice Lebron to go Houston? Maybe CP3 and Harden sell him as the "missing piece" to take down Golden State. IMO that's better for us than Lebron going Lakers or Sixers.

Lebron can't play off of the ball, though, so I can't see as to how such an arrangement would work, like at all, but then again, I thought the same of the CP3-Harden pairing, although at least Chris Paul can shoot, lol ;D.
To be fair, LeBron is still a reliables 35% shooter from deep. Not like he's useless

No, but he's never played without the ball in his career, so I just don't see as to how he and Harden could possibly exist, especially given that The Beard ::) has the same problem, lol. Why not just get Melo, too, we're at it? ;) ;D

« Reply #2191 on: May 14, 2018, 10:57:05 PM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
Scott Foster is horrible. He shouldn't be officiating playoff games, let alone Conference Finals.
I'm still trying to understand how that foul was not in the act of shooting.

Yeah, that one was basically the definition of "foul in the act of shooting".

« Reply #2192 on: May 14, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
GS might legitimately sweep this team. Rockets simply have no D for this GS offense, and their offense is so reliant upon threes that it can't always be trusted.

I've long said this Rockets team is overrated and couldn't beat GS in a series. Some posters here said I was crazy for saying the top record in the league was overrated.  :P

« Reply #2193 on: May 14, 2018, 11:01:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Harden returns and Golden State extends their lead.

Houston's offense is so predictable when Harden is out there.

Meanwhile KD is killing them. That 3 right at Harden's face was boss mode lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2194 on: May 14, 2018, 11:04:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
GS might legitimately sweep this team. Rockets simply have no D for this GS offense, and their offense is so reliant upon threes that it can't always be trusted.

I've long said this Rockets team is overrated and couldn't beat GS in a series. Some posters here said I was crazy for saying the top record in the league was overrated.  :P

That Rockets record was compiled by playing a lot of teams that dont have the two way talent of GS.   Does this have a feel of Cavs / Toronto already?  eeeek.  not sure, but I would be pretty worried if I was houston and lost game 1.

« Reply #2195 on: May 14, 2018, 11:05:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I still think this series goes 6 games at least.

That said, IF Houston loses this in 4 or 5, then their reputation will also take a big hit like Toronto's.

Story would be: both sensational regular season teams thinking they finally had enough to overcome the beasts (Cleveland and Golden State) and both folding cheaply in playoffs like all the previous years.

« Reply #2196 on: May 14, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Is it me, or does it look like the Warriors are barely even trying out there, lol? #CruiseControl ;D

Either way, it's not even about Houston's lack of defense or awful offense, imo, it's that the Rockets simply don't have the necessary intelligence needed to beat Golden State, which is what I worry about with Boston, as well.

Also, it never gets old seeing Chris Paul go cold in a big game, lol. After a few shots, early, it's like he's been invisible out there, imo.

« Reply #2197 on: May 14, 2018, 11:08:07 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

I've never believed in the Rockets either.  They've made their first two opponents look pedestrian, but Golden State is a different beast.  The Rockets are a lot like Toronto - really good in the regular season but not as scary as they seem come playoff time.  So yeah, overrated.

Houston is supposed to be a good defensive team too, which is an anomaly for a D'antoni team.  It certainly isn't showing this game, GS is shooting 54% (mostly thanks to Durant).

« Reply #2198 on: May 14, 2018, 11:13:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Houston is supposed to be a good defensive team too, which is an anomaly for a D'antoni team.  It certainly isn't showing this game, GS is shooting 54% (mostly thanks to Durant).

Their def has looked better when Harden is on the bench. lol

« Reply #2199 on: May 14, 2018, 11:13:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

That Rockets record was compiled by playing a lot of teams that dont have the two way talent of GS.   Does this have a feel of Cavs / Toronto already?  eeeek.  not sure, but I would be pretty worried if I was houston and lost game 1.

Even Toronto put up a much better fight in game 1 against the Cavs, imo.

« Reply #2200 on: May 14, 2018, 11:14:34 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
NBA refereeing at its best. They blew that call.  That was a clear backcourt violation.  Instead it leads to a Klay 3.

« Reply #2201 on: May 14, 2018, 11:14:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
fun stat.  klay thompson has taken 17 shots, only (3) have been non-3point attempts.
Klay is getting the benefit of open looks so far.

« Reply #2202 on: May 14, 2018, 11:15:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
NBA refereeing at its best. They blew that call.  That was a clear backcourt violation.  Instead it leads to a Klay 3.
it was so blatant. I guess they’re taking advantage of sports betting now

« Reply #2203 on: May 14, 2018, 11:17:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Despite what stats may say, Harden still sucks at defense. Getting abused late.

« Reply #2204 on: May 14, 2018, 11:20:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Despite what stats may say, Harden still sucks at defense. Getting abused late.

LOL and on cue, twice a Warriors player just runs by him and lays it in.

Then Durant bullies him all the way to the hoop and draws a foul.  :P

Meanwhile Harden just chucking 40 footers on the other end...