Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280631 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2070 on: May 09, 2018, 05:08:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I better see the same effort the Celtics give tomorrow like the Warriors are giving tonight in Game 5 at home.

Rajon Rondo another second-round exit. Shucks.

Huh?

Three teams are waiting in the Conference Finals, while Boston and Philadelphia still have to duke it out.

If only Boston did their job yesterday...

Intentional or not, TP for the pun ;D.

The Rondo part I just brought it up since he's had numerous second-round exits in the postseason. '09, '11, and now this year. Albeit rare ones.

Ahhh I see the pun  ;D right back at ya!

Ah, okay. No problem :). Still love him, though :).

I better see the same effort the Celtics give tomorrow like the Warriors are giving tonight in Game 5 at home.

His team unfortunately just wasn't deep enough. Shades of the Big 3 with Doc Rivers in their twilight years.

It wasn't just depth. New Orleans needs taller players, especially at the small forward position, moving forward, as their lack of size just killed them on da boards in this series, imo.

Missing DMC was huge
Yup, that's why they had the best playoff's in years.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2071 on: May 09, 2018, 06:07:59 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Huh?

Three teams are waiting in the Conference Finals, while Boston and Philadelphia still have to duke it out.

The Rondo part I just brought it up since he's had numerous second-round exits in the postseason. '09, '11, and now this year. Albeit rare ones.

His team unfortunately just wasn't deep enough. Shades of the Big 3 with Doc Rivers in their twilight years.

It wasn't just depth. New Orleans needs taller players, especially at the small forward position, moving forward, as their lack of size just killed them on da boards in this series, imo.

Missing DMC was huge

Would love to see DMC motivated.

Even less excuse to coast, now that he saw AD completely annihilate the Blazers.

« Reply #2072 on: May 09, 2018, 07:16:54 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Draymond Green = 10 playoff games played, 13.1ppg, 11.5rpg, 9.0apg, 1.9spg, 1.3bpg

All while being the best defensive player on his team and one of the best in the league.

What an incredible player.

« Reply #2073 on: May 09, 2018, 08:35:26 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Draymond Green = 10 playoff games played, 13.1ppg, 11.5rpg, 9.0apg, 1.9spg, 1.3bpg

All while being the best defensive player on his team and one of the best in the league.

IMO he’s an incredible player to have when you already have 3 all stars. I’d very much like to see him go to a team like the Nets and see if their W-L is affected much at all.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2074 on: May 09, 2018, 08:36:02 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

Yep. Truly remarkable.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2075 on: May 09, 2018, 08:50:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Huh?

Missing DMC was huge

Would love to see DMC motivated.

Even less excuse to coast, now that he saw AD completely annihilate the Blazers.
Even if he doesn't coast, he still never stayed in optimal shape for more than 3 months. Never in 8 years. A season lasts at least for 6 months.
And then comes his Achilles tendon...it's a very tough road for him to practicaly rewrite and change his, so far, losing career in terms of his team success and his losing habits (poor shape, wild emotions, role acceptance, not trying hard, becoming easily frustrated and then spilling those habits over his teammates).
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2076 on: May 09, 2018, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Alrighty, here we go.  Just getting settled I'm my game thread here.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2077 on: May 09, 2018, 08:02:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

I mean, can't the mods just let you be in the game threads NOW during the playoffs, then carry over whatever "suspension time" is left for the start of next year's regular season?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2078 on: May 09, 2018, 08:03:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I mean, can't the mods just let you be in the game threads NOW during the playoffs, then carry over whatever "suspension time" is left for the start of next year's regular season?

I like the idea and attempted to regain admission.  Oh well.  I respect their decision.  As long as you're here with me, we're all good.

« Reply #2079 on: May 09, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I like the idea and attempted to regain admission.  Oh well.  I respect their decision.  As long as you're here with me, we're all good.

Yep, surely others will pop in too.  ;D

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you do that they suspended you this long from the game threads? Serious topic you folks were talking about or something?

« Reply #2080 on: May 09, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you do that they suspended you this long from the game threads? Serious topic you folks were talking about or something?

Combative in game threads a while best.  Probably best to discuss in PM to avoid stirring anything up.   

« Reply #2081 on: May 09, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Combative in game threads a while best.  Probably best to discuss in PM to avoid stirring anything up.   

Ah okay. So is this indefinite or for certain amount of time?

« Reply #2082 on: May 09, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Ah okay. So is this indefinite or for certain amount of time?

PM for details if you want. 

Both teams look pretty jacked up. 

« Reply #2083 on: May 09, 2018, 08:32:53 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Theis is wearing the Scary Terry t-shirt under his sportcoat. 

« Reply #2084 on: May 09, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Theis is wearing the Scary Terry t-shirt under his sportcoat.
the name is officially mainstream