Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275957 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #990 on: April 23, 2018, 11:30:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I still don't believe in Harden.  For as talented as he is, he's been an equally impressive choker.

Also, our young'ns are making KAT look overrated.  I'm not sure if Brown is on an unsustainable hot streak, but that dude is really good.

I tend to agree on Towns. Dude just doesn't have that dominant personality/fire that you need to be the number one option, imo, and his defense is awful. Justin Patton, on the other hand...

Oh Thibs, can I possibly interest you in Uncle Drew? ;D

Nah, I don't know that he does.  Maybe that develops organically as guys become closer to meeting their potential, fighting for deep playoff runs, etc.

Perhaps, but Towns just seems too nice, to me.

Wow, how bout them Rockets. Set a historic night in Minnesota scoring 50 points in the 3rd quarter.

Rockets lead series 3-1.
Thibs, the "genius" behind the 2008 Celtics world championship defense, proves once again, he probably isn't nearly as good a defensive coach as his reputation makes him out to be.

His "offense" has also long been atrocious, at the absolute minimum, but either way, it's clear that he needs this guy ;D -

https://nypost.com/2018/04/23/joakim-noah-emerges-from-knicks-exile-looking-different/

https://thebiglead.com/2018/04/23/joakim-noahs-new-beard-has-the-internet-going-crazy/

And they shall call him Yellowbeard ;D. LOL at Boozer, btw ;D.

Edit - that joke about Yellowbeard is not at all affiliated with the motion picture from 1983 by the same name. All rights reserved. Nothing to see, here...;D

« Reply #991 on: April 23, 2018, 11:31:44 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
The Jazz cannot buy a 3 pointee and are only down 3. I really hope they beat Westbrick and Marshmelo.

« Reply #992 on: April 23, 2018, 11:35:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why is Westbrook so angry?  Odd thought, but imagine being married to him?  May be the most intense dude I've ever seen.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #993 on: April 23, 2018, 11:38:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Wow, how bout them Rockets. Set a historic night in Minnesota scoring 50 points in the 3rd quarter.

Rockets lead series 3-1.
Thibs, the "genius" behind the 2008 Celtics world championship defense, proves once again, he probably isn't nearly as good a defensive coach as his reputation makes him out to be.

Agree with you here, Kawhi.  I'm not even sure a coach adds much beyond the superior defensive talents of a player, such as yourself.

Lol, but who was Rondo? ;) ;D

« Reply #994 on: April 23, 2018, 11:41:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
The Jazz cannot buy a 3 pointee and are only down 3. I really hope they beat Westbrick and Marshmelo.

TP for the nickname ;D.

Why is Westbrook so angry?  Odd thought, but imagine being married to him?  May be the most intense dude I've ever seen.

I've long suspected roid rage, lol, but apparently he's nothing like that off the court. Maybe he's ticked that his "outfit" is not currently being utilized as inspiration on Project Runway, All Stars or not ::).

« Reply #995 on: April 23, 2018, 11:44:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Rockets lead series 3-1.

Agree with you here, Kawhi.  I'm not even sure a coach adds much beyond the superior defensive talents of a player, such as yourself.

Lol, but who was Rondo? ;) ;D

Not sure, but my best guess is LarBrd.  I think he needed a clean break from Boston to focus on the Bulls-Celts series.  Positive nick is Kawhi, though... there's just too many coincidences.    Dude honestly makes pretty thoughtful posts given his time commitments.  Interesting that he becomes a mod during this moratorium though, ain't it?  That sly fox.

« Reply #996 on: April 23, 2018, 11:45:41 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
It looks like Rubio shut that off. Rusty has 4 now!!!
I love this low key Jazz team beating the cocky team full of perennial losers.

« Reply #997 on: April 23, 2018, 11:49:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Jingles is the man
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #998 on: April 23, 2018, 11:51:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I may be in the minority here, but I want OKC to take this series. I have no interest in seeing PG in LA + I just want to shut Utah media up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #999 on: April 23, 2018, 11:54:19 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
I may be in the minority here, but I want OKC to take this series. I have no interest in seeing PG in LA + I just want to shut Utah media up.
I do not think Paul George makes the Lakers much better. Certainly not a playoff team as the west is currently constructed

« Reply #1000 on: April 23, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I do not think Paul George makes the Lakers much better. Certainly not a playoff team as the west is currently constructed

I think he does help them. He's not a ball dominant guy, but his offensive game is versatile. His defense would definitely be welcome. Besides, I just really want to see the Lakers not get their guy.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1002 on: April 24, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I don't get that team.  When did Rubio become a sniper?  The commentator on my feed just called him the Spanish Samurai.  And Ingles is somehow a studmuffin.  He's besting George and talking trash for two games now on top of it. 

« Reply #1003 on: April 24, 2018, 12:10:55 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Man, other than Adams, OKC has a bunch of statpadders.

They are who we thought they were. Melo is perhaps one of the most overrated players in NBA history. Westbrook is a loser too. He may have the gaudy stats but he’s no leader. And “Playoff Paul” looks about ready to go fishing real soon and then off to LA.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1004 on: April 24, 2018, 12:11:57 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
Blowout alert, cannot wait for Rusty's press conference tonight if this stands.